Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 8th, 2014, 04:07 AM   #1
ausley

ausley's Forum Picture

Name: Ryan
Default Do I have adhd or is it just teenage insomnia?

Lately I have been wondering if i have adhd because of this main reason that it takes hours for me to sleep due to me not being able to relax my mind and I need to be moving if I just lye in bed which makes it impossible for me to sleep but im could that just be normal insomnia? I also have times which I canstop moving and cannot concentrate on anything and im always spazzing around and making a ruccus. Is there a possibility I have adhesive? and also if I do what should I do abut it? if the doctor tests me for it what happens? how do the know? will O have to take medicine like adderal or something?

-Children of the wild ones.- Mikky Ekko

"You're not no one. You're my best friend okay, and I need you.
You're my brother.
Alright, so if we're gonna do this
You're gonna have to take me with you."
-Stiles Stilinsky; Teen Wolf
ausley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2014, 04:16 AM   #2
AlexOnToast
Banned

AlexOnToast's Forum Picture

Default Re: Do I have adhd or is it just teenage insomnia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausley View Post
Lately I have been wondering if i have adhd because of this main reason that it takes hours for me to sleep due to me not being able to relax my mind and I need to be moving if I just lye in bed which makes it impossible for me to sleep but im could that just be normal insomnia? I also have times which I canstop moving and cannot concentrate on anything and im always spazzing around and making a ruccus. Is there a possibility I have adhesive? and also if I do what should I do abut it? if the doctor tests me for it what happens? how do the know? will O have to take medicine like adderal or something?
Adhesive? you mean like glue or mastic? I dont quite get that...
But anyway, I dont think it's ADHD, Coz I definately dont have that but I also move around a lot and find it hard to get to sleep :L I dont think its a mojor thing and hopefully you will grow out of it....If you are really worried about not getting sleep, then maybe talk to a doctor
AlexOnToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2014, 04:22 AM   #3
ausley

ausley's Forum Picture

Name: Ryan

I meant adhd haha

-Children of the wild ones.- Mikky Ekko

"You're not no one. You're my best friend okay, and I need you.
You're my brother.
Alright, so if we're gonna do this
You're gonna have to take me with you."
-Stiles Stilinsky; Teen Wolf
ausley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2014, 06:07 AM   #4
connorftw
Banned

Name: Connor

Quote:
really it depends on who you ask. im the same and my school told my parents that they think i have adhd and the doctor thinks that to and gave me medicine for it. i dont think i have it though. i dont even take the medicine anymore. i just throw away the pill in the morning. they have also told me i have insomnia which i do think i have because i almost never sleep. they gave me medicine for that to but it doesnt do anything worth crap. so to answer your question if you go in to be tested im pretty sure they will tell you that you have adhd and give you something for it. but i would tell your doctor about the insomnia as well. my advice-talk to your doctor. 13 yearolds dont know what your doctor does
connorftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2014, 06:27 AM   #5
ksdnfkfr
Banned

It is possible you are ADHD.
I think tho maybe you are saying this is something that started up in your
teens, and i think ADHD is present from an early age (just guessing).
If you are ingesting any stimulants, anything with caffeine or energy drinks etc.
I would say to stop and see what happens.
Also it is important to be inactive an hour before bed, no gaming or anything that
keeps your brain busy.
Sleepytime tea with milk and honey knocks me out pretty good. Im sipping it right now.
As far as ADHD testing goes, I think they will put a type of cap over your head that registers brain
activity and have you look at a screen with various images. Ive had a lot of that kinda testing but
there is more wring with me than adhd, but what i have had has been simple and painless, so I
know you will be fine. The doc may prescribe something to help you after that.

The number one thing that makes ADHD worse? Not getting enough sleep. Ironic huh?

Last edited by ksdnfkfr; January 16th, 2014 at 06:36 AM.
ksdnfkfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2014, 07:50 AM   #6
etfboy
Banned

since ezra said its possible that you have adhd and i have that symptoms same as you...that means i might have adhd... -.-
etfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2014, 05:05 PM   #7
Tarannosaurus
Awesome Poster

Tarannosaurus's Forum Picture

Quote:
That's me exactly and I have insomnia. I didn't specifically go to the doctor about it but psychologist recognised it and told me to use a non prescription mild sleeping medicine (phenergan). Beware of many sleeping tablets though, they don't help and are addictive.

H&A mod
If you have a question don't hesitate to PM me or email me at [email protected]

Last edited by Tarannosaurus; January 16th, 2014 at 05:35 PM.
Tarannosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2014, 09:32 PM   #8
shyguy27

Diagnosing ADD or ADHD is amazingly simple. They give you a little form asking about your behavior, and you, your parents, and sometimes your teachers each fill one out. If you match up, you'll be diagnosed. Often times, you'll be put on medication, but it's best to get off it as soon as possible. I, personally, am taking behavioral therapy for my ADD and anxiety. You don't even have to take the medicine at all; it's mostly up to your parents (since teen's opinions are supposedly undeveloped.)

It's likely that you just have insomnia, but if you do have ADHD, avoiding the problem won't help at all. It'll only make your life a thousand times more difficult, and it's best to learn how to control it as soon as possible.

I hope this answered all your questions. If you have any more, feel free to PM me.
(also, for the sleep problem, try melatonin. It's over-the-counter, a natural hormone in your body, and very hard to become dependent on.)

Straight and very supportive of people who aren't sure
shyguy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2014, 09:33 PM   #9
shyguy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by etfboy View Post
since ezra said its possible that you have adhd and i have that symptoms same as you...that means i might have adhd... -.-
Nothing to be ashamed of

Straight and very supportive of people who aren't sure
shyguy27 is offline   Reply With Quote