Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 29th, 2013, 12:12 AM   #1
CabbageMedul
Junior Member+

CabbageMedul's Forum Picture

Unhappy Feel like there's no hope to anything?

I've been feeling like this for as long as I can remember. Mostly when it comes to love, and specific parts of the body, so to say.

I don't really know what to say, but moments like when I see all my friends having boyfriends (All my friends are girls), and already having had sex, it makes me feel hopeless. I'm really insecure and confused about myself.

Everywhere I go, people always seem to look past me. I'm still a virgin, I've never had a relationship with anyone, I haven't had my first kiss yet, I feel like all of my youth so far has been a waste of my time. Which it has. Yes, I know I'm "Only 17", but still. It feels like I should have had, and done certain things long long ago already!

How do I cope with all this shit? I'm so tired and confused. Can anyone help me, or at least like, give me some mental support? Anything would be appreciated... I'm just lonely and desperate for, well. I don't know... ugh.

Sorry about this vague and random rant...
CabbageMedul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2013, 01:00 AM   #2
Blood_Thorn

Blood_Thorn's Forum Picture

Default Re: Feel like there's no hope to anything?

Hey, I am exactly the same as you, I've never had a relationship, sex or a first kiss. So you aren't alone there
But think about why it makes you feel hopeless, is it because you want all those things they've got, or just that you spend less time with them as a result of them having relationships?
You shouldn't let what you haven't done make you feel bad, just think about those things you have achieved!
Sorry if my advice isn't too good, but I am happy to provide support if you need it...
Blood_Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2013, 01:03 PM   #3
CabbageMedul
Junior Member+

Thanks, it's nice to see someone feels the same way a bit. The reason I want those things is just because I feel like I should've already experienced it, as if my life so far has been a waste of time, like I mentioned. So yeah... I guess that's just the reason. That, and I hate not being able to relate to things.

I appreciate your support though. <3
Old December 29th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #4
tommym
Junior Member+

tommym's Forum Picture

Name: Tommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcyRoars View Post
Thanks, it's nice to see someone feels the same way a bit. The reason I want those things is just because I feel like I should've already experienced it, as if my life so far has been a waste of time, like I mentioned. So yeah... I guess that's just the reason. That, and I hate not being able to relate to things.

I appreciate your support though. <3
Feeling left out, or that your missing out, is quite common. Society has evolved to a point where it makes teenagers think they MUST be sexually active at a young age.

The truth is, and you'll see it first hand in a few years, nothing from this time period of your life matters, except for how you prepare yourself for the future.

I personally know PLENTY of guys and girls who remained virgins well into college...or even until they actually got married. Some because of religious beliefs, others just because they didn't give into the pressures of society.

It sounds cliche, but if you wait until it matters, it will mean more. Don't look for a relationship to mean something at this stage in your life. And don't think that you need to be "experienced" when you meet your serious love down the road.

You can continue to watch your peers have meaningless relationships and sex, but don't be jealous of them. It's just going to cause you unnecessary stress. Your experience will come, with time. I promise.
tommym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #5
CabbageMedul
Junior Member+

You're giving me advice on things that have gotten way out of hand already, especially the jealousy part. Thanks though.

It's not that I feel like I should be sexually active because of society. In fact, I couldn't care less! If there's one thing I absolutely despise and hate, it's modern society.

However, I see what you mean, and those things I already knew. It's just a psychological effect it has on me. It's not just the sexual activity, it's A LOT of things. An insane amount of things. I won't even begin about it because I don't know where to start.

Either way, thanks. And also, thanks for your compassion!