Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 17th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #1
lewy
New Member
 
Name: Lewis
Join Date: December 17, 2013
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Default

A couple months ago I got into a lot of trouble and then my parents decided that being at boarding school would help me. One day I refused to take my medication, I know one is rispersidone 1mg but I don't know the others. So the head teacher who hates me and I hate him, in front of everyone did this.

While having dinner, in the main hall. (Its a catholic school) I refused to take my meds because I did not want to go to bed or feel.. I think uncontrolled in own body is that make sense? So he forced my mouth open, put the pills in my months and then shouted out "This is what happens when you don't obey the rules" to year 8, 9 and 10. I then I had crush them while he help my month closed. He has not done it again because I am to scared to not take them.

I did do a lot of bad stuff, overdosed, cutting, burning, pretending to be an adult on forums - did I deserve this punishment? I am much better now that I am at home but my parents are so controlled. I am 14 and small for my age so there is not a lot I can do stop them telling me what to do. I only just got back my computer rights (they think I am asleep right now) but I don't have my phone and I have to ask for money and give them them or the school a receipt.

I know I did a lot of bad stuff but I just feel so trapped. Its just school, forced to eat breakfast to make sure I don't vomit, then train to school, check in with teacher, get walked to lessons and then get walked to the train station. If I am not back in time I get in even more trouble even if like the bus is late or something. Then I study until bedtime which is 7pm. No other books even though I love reading, no TV although I don't really watch TV. And since the forced pill taking I have only one friend who I can't go anywhere with - people just think I am freak or something.

I just don't know what to do, I just want to escape my crappy life.

I was abused by a now dead family member between 4 and 9 which my parents only found out since my therapist told them, which I asked her not to do. Which is why I posted this there, I hope that is ok. But maybe they are controlling me for that reason that I did something bad and I have to be control now or something?

Last edited by Harley Quinn; December 17th, 2013 at 07:33 PM. Reason: merging
lewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 08:58 PM   #2
Katiya
Nice Poster
 
Katiya's Forum Picture
 
Name: Anonymous ...no really...
Join Date: September 27, 2013
Location: The Neverlands
Gender: Female
Default

You haven't done anything wrong. And what your teacher did is abuse! I'd have punched hhim out on the spot!
Your parents are emotionally abusive and manipulative. Control doesn't stop self harm or help suicidal thoughts and pain. It just makes it worse!


Wow this makes me so angry to hear people do this to their kids!!!

Your parents are depriving you of social and any stimulation which can cause an art of future mental and physical problems. Humiliation is a horribly crule tactic. I was subjected to public humiliation and it still has repercussions for me today years later. I'm just not the same any more.

Nothing you did was wrong! Your parents are nuts! Is there anyone else you can stay with?

If the meds make you sic is there any way you can vomit them? Or pretend to take them by sticking them between upper teeth and cheek with your young? Spit out later.

Why are you on these meds?

~Posts Merged. StoppingTime

~I do not try to give advice as much as I do just point out facts as I have found people like to make their own decisions in life, not be told what one is best to make~


Please excuse my typos. I'm usually on my phone and it has issues.

Last edited by StoppingTime; December 18th, 2013 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Merged
Katiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2013, 03:33 AM   #3
lewy
New Member
 
Name: Lewis
Join Date: December 17, 2013
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Default Re: New - sorry sorry I have not contributed yet - is this abuse

I did kind of deserve having the meds put in my mouth, I did try to overdose. But it was really not nice having meds forced in me. I guess my parents are trying to protect me but... its just making everything worse and they don't trust me anymore. I find comfort in reading at least that is my was of escaping from my life and into someone else's. All my family agrees with what my parents are doing, so I was thinking that I could stay with my sister. I feel really safe around here and she lets me sleep in her bed with her, so I got someone there so I know I am safe. As for fighting back father James is much bigger than me and I am small for my age, he held my head so hard I could not even move it at all.

I can't vomit my pills because I get told to sit for half an hour and told not to move so they get into my system. But they make me feel really dizzy and having to be carried to bed (when I do get to sleep) just makes me feel like a little kid. They don't even trust me with stairs anymore because I fell down them a couple of times by accident, I just lost my balance and passed out at the bottom. I tired to hide the meds in my mouth but they discovered I tried to do that so they watch out for that as well.

All I know is I am 1mg of Risperidone, a bed wetting med but which help. Then diazepam 0.2mg morning and afternoon which I hate and then three other pills at night, one must be a sleep pill. I just get the taste of metal in my mouth all the time. I have asked what I am taking but its more "shut up and just take them" rather than explaining it to me.

I have done really bad things so maybe its right that I am being punished. Its just when I was abused he kept telling me it was my fault, my parents had a massive go at me for not telling me when they found out and being a catholic school they tend to blame me. Then my therapist who I kind of half trust says its not my fault - I don't know what to think. Surely someone does not abuse someone if they are good! I just want everything to shut up and go away.

Last edited by lewy; December 19th, 2013 at 03:37 AM.
lewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #4
lewy
New Member
 
Name: Lewis
Join Date: December 17, 2013
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Default Re: New - sorry sorry I have not contributed yet - is this abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiya View Post
Why are you on these meds?

~Posts Merged. StoppingTime

PTSD I think, but there is someone else written on the reports the hospital sends to my parents which I don't understand "borderline personality traits", I read a bit about borderline personality disorder but I am dyslexic and its really confusing. I think I just get given meds to make me go to sleep and behave rather than anything else. The bed wetting med helps though, at least I don't feel like such a baby despite still having to wear protection... at night... which I don't like. I am pretty messed up as you can tell!
lewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2013, 02:19 PM   #5
Katiya
Nice Poster
 
Katiya's Forum Picture
 
Name: Anonymous ...no really...
Join Date: September 27, 2013
Location: The Neverlands
Gender: Female
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewy View Post
PTSD I think, but there is someone else written on the reports the hospital sends to my parents which I don't understand "borderline personality traits", I read a bit about borderline personality disorder but I am dyslexic and its really confusing. I think I just get given meds to make me go to sleep and behave rather than anything else. The bed wetting med helps though, at least I don't feel like such a baby despite still having to wear protection... at night... which I don't like. I am pretty messed up as you can tell!
Your not messed up at all. From what you say you don't need those meds. You never give meds for 'traits' because every human has traits of one mental disorder or another because most mental disorders are so obscure. And often these traits can be caused by meds.
Studies have proven that you could literally label every human with some type of mental disorder because the diagnoses is so broad. So traits are absolute nothing to go on.
We could say someone's a maniac because they watch crime TV. But that doesn't make it true.

They probably are medicating you out of convenience so they don't have to bother actually supporting their child's mental health by being a normal carrying parent who spends quality time with their kids. There just lazy.

Can you stay with anyone else?

What are the names of these meds. The one you named does not sound like anything you'd give for PTSD.

~I do not try to give advice as much as I do just point out facts as I have found people like to make their own decisions in life, not be told what one is best to make~


Please excuse my typos. I'm usually on my phone and it has issues.

Last edited by Harley Quinn; December 20th, 2013 at 07:42 PM. Reason: merging
Katiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #6
Blood
Banned
 
Name: Jess
Join Date: November 6, 2009
Location: Bend over, stick your hand up your ass, and pull.
Gender: Cisgender Female
Blog Entries: 12
Default Re: New - sorry sorry I have not contributed yet - is this abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewy View Post
A couple months ago I got into a lot of trouble and then my parents decided that being at boarding school would help me. One day I refused to take my medication, I know one is rispersidone 1mg but I don't know the others. So the head teacher who hates me and I hate him, in front of everyone did this.

While having dinner, in the main hall. (Its a catholic school) I refused to take my meds because I did not want to go to bed or feel.. I think uncontrolled in own body is that make sense? So he forced my mouth open, put the pills in my months and then shouted out "This is what happens when you don't obey the rules" to year 8, 9 and 10. I then I had crush them while he help my month closed. He has not done it again because I am to scared to not take them.

I did do a lot of bad stuff, overdosed, cutting, burning, pretending to be an adult on forums - did I deserve this punishment? I am much better now that I am at home but my parents are so controlled. I am 14 and small for my age so there is not a lot I can do stop them telling me what to do. I only just got back my computer rights (they think I am asleep right now) but I don't have my phone and I have to ask for money and give them them or the school a receipt.

I know I did a lot of bad stuff but I just feel so trapped. Its just school, forced to eat breakfast to make sure I don't vomit, then train to school, check in with teacher, get walked to lessons and then get walked to the train station. If I am not back in time I get in even more trouble even if like the bus is late or something. Then I study until bedtime which is 7pm. No other books even though I love reading, no TV although I don't really watch TV. And since the forced pill taking I have only one friend who I can't go anywhere with - people just think I am freak or something.

I just don't know what to do, I just want to escape my crappy life.

I was abused by a now dead family member between 4 and 9 which my parents only found out since my therapist told them, which I asked her not to do. Which is why I posted this there, I hope that is ok. But maybe they are controlling me for that reason that I did something bad and I have to be control now or something?
Well there's your answer as to why they're controlling you so much. I'm not sure what you did, but if they're being this controlling, it had to be something major. Were you causing harm to yourself?

Nonetheless it's unacceptable that your teacher did that to you. I'm sorry you had to go through that. You can always report the teacher, but quite frankly Catholic schools are notorious for letting the teachers get away with things. I would recommend you try to move on and work on earning your parents trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiya View Post
What are the names of these meds. The one you named does not sound like anything you'd give for PTSD.
Yeah I'm going to have to agree with this. I did some research and Risperidone is usually used to treat schizophrenia, symptoms of bipolar disorder and it's used in autistic children to treat symptoms of irritability. OP is either tragically unaware of his condition or his doctor likes using strong medications to treat PTSD.
Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2013, 11:47 PM   #7
Katiya
Nice Poster
 
Katiya's Forum Picture
 
Name: Anonymous ...no really...
Join Date: September 27, 2013
Location: The Neverlands
Gender: Female
Default Re: New - sorry sorry I have not contributed yet - is this abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood View Post
Well there's your answer as to why they're controlling you so much. I'm not sure what you did, but if they're being this controlling, it had to be something major. Were you causing harm to yourself?

Nonetheless it's unacceptable that your teacher did that to you. I'm sorry you had to go through that. You can always report the teacher, but quite frankly Catholic schools are notorious for letting the teachers get away with things. I would recommend you try to move on and work on earning your parents trust.



Yeah I'm going to have to agree with this. I did some research and Risperidone is usually used to treat schizophrenia, symptoms of bipolar disorder and it's used in autistic children to treat symptoms of irritability. OP is either tragically unaware of his condition or his doctor likes using strong medications to treat PTSD.
Harming one self isn't an action requiring punishment. Its a cry for help or a way to deal with things. It requires love and support not rules and an iron fist. That just leads to more harm and suicide attempts.

And I'm not surprised a doc would use that med. We have docs in my area that use that med amoubg many other powerful drugs for add and adhd let alone other things that don't need it.
Its very sad but many mental health systems and schools are now payed a commission to put kids on this stuff. And they do it because they get a large kick back of money in their pocket. My area has one of the worst mental health systems. Best to travel out to private place than go in my town. Or just suffer, as you will suffer a lot more if they get their greedy blood sucking hands on you. :@

And yeah, catholic shcols and other religious schools get away with murder, sometimes literally. I'd never send a kid to boarding school or a religious school. Too many bad apple teachers. Not to mention child molesters. Seams there's a suspiciously high number of those there too 0.o

~I do not try to give advice as much as I do just point out facts as I have found people like to make their own decisions in life, not be told what one is best to make~


Please excuse my typos. I'm usually on my phone and it has issues.
Katiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2013, 12:37 AM   #8
Blood
Banned
 
Name: Jess
Join Date: November 6, 2009
Location: Bend over, stick your hand up your ass, and pull.
Gender: Cisgender Female
Blog Entries: 12
Default Re: New - sorry sorry I have not contributed yet - is this abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiya View Post
Harming one self isn't an action requiring punishment. Its a cry for help or a way to deal with things. It requires love and support not rules and an iron fist. That just leads to more harm and suicide attempts.

And I'm not surprised a doc would use that med. We have docs in my area that use that med amoubg many other powerful drugs for add and adhd let alone other things that don't need it.
Its very sad but many mental health systems and schools are now payed a commission to put kids on this stuff. And they do it because they get a large kick back of money in their pocket. My area has one of the worst mental health systems. Best to travel out to private place than go in my town. Or just suffer, as you will suffer a lot more if they get their greedy blood sucking hands on you. :@

And yeah, catholic shcols and other religious schools get away with murder, sometimes literally. I'd never send a kid to boarding school or a religious school. Too many bad apple teachers. Not to mention child molesters. Seams there's a suspiciously high number of those there too 0.o
I completely agree. But not all people realize that. A lot will punish their kids for self harming thinking that they're trying to get attention.
Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2013, 08:23 PM   #9
Katiya
Nice Poster
 
Katiya's Forum Picture
 
Name: Anonymous ...no really...
Join Date: September 27, 2013
Location: The Neverlands
Gender: Female
Default Re: New - sorry sorry I have not contributed yet - is this abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood View Post
I completely agree. But not all people realize that. A lot will punish their kids for self harming thinking that they're trying to get attention.
Absolutely! One of my pet peeves about naive parents. Parents should really use their brains at times like those yet all many do is gossip about how its some awful fad that needs to be beat out of the youth with a leather belt. And I'm like yeah, resorting to child abuse, that always produces wonderfully adjusted adults :/

~I do not try to give advice as much as I do just point out facts as I have found people like to make their own decisions in life, not be told what one is best to make~


Please excuse my typos. I'm usually on my phone and it has issues.
Katiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2017
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2017, VirtualTeen.org