Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > The Psychiatric Ward > Cutting and Self Harm
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 10th, 2013, 08:51 PM   #1
Hallie

Name: Hallie
Exclamation How can I hide my self harm scars...?!?

I've been cutting myself for quite a while now and believe me, I'm trying to stop. I'm getting help for my depression--I'm seeing a psychiatrist--but for now, I need a way to hide my scars. I have a chorus concert tomorrow and I am required to wear a short sleeved dress. No one will be able to see my thighs or ankles, but I can't wear anything over my arms, and I'm FREAKING OUT. The last time I cut my wrists was about a week ago, so the cuts are healing, but they are still very visible (they will probably always be) and I can't help anticipating that EVERYONE is going to see EVERYTHING. That CAN'T happen. It's only going to make things worse. Does anyone know of any way I can hide them???
Hallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #2
Castle of Glass
Awesome Poster

Castle of Glass's Forum Picture

Name: Niilo
Location: In a parallel universe where everything goes my way
Default Re: How can I hide my self harm scars...?!?

well, if they are on your arms, and as long as they are not open, you can use foundation(think that is what it is called) to make them blend in. that is for the concert. as for other wise, use wristbands and bracelets. found this hint when looking around: use leather cuffs, like 2 or 3 inch wide ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
We hate the struggle of fighting the urges, but don't quit. suffer now, then live as a champion as you over came your battles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet
What if I just pulled myself together, Would it matter at all, What if I just try not to remember, Would it matter at all
Castle of Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #3
Captain Canada
Member++

Captain Canada's Forum Picture

Name: Zephyr

Yeah you could always use makeup to cover it (I never tried so I cant go in detail) Are people going to be behind you? If not maybe you can put your hands behind your back? (Depends on what your doing)
Haha sorry! I was probably of no help... But if there is a chance that you cant do anything to hide your cuts well if people cant accept you then they arent even worth worrying about.

OH CANADA

Bisexual | New Yorker | Hockey Fan

"Why do we fall sir? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again"
Captain Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #4
Believe

Believe's Forum Picture

Name: Tony

"I flushed another one of the blades again. I cant bring myself to get rid of them all. Its too much. They were the reason why I was able to carry on and pretend to be normal from day to day. Its like throwing away a part of me. They allowed me to deal with me and everything in life; almost like throwing something that saved you away. Provided it got to the point where I just wanted to die and ill have the scars forever, they’re a part of me. My battle wounds. Proof that I can beat just about anything after this. As a matter a fact, everything else shouldn’t even bring a tear to me. I cut myself and felt like I wanted to die. Nothing can top that in terms of getting into your head and making you upset. I did it, I can do it. Everything should be taken with a grain of salt. Fuck anyone that makes you upset or makes you want to go back to it. You can do it. I can do it."
Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2013, 04:40 AM   #5
The Blood Lord
Nice Poster

The Blood Lord's Forum Picture

Name: Danie

I have a unique way of selfharm. I hang razors against a wall like paintings and *accidently* fall into them. They're so deep on my upper back I can't move my wider than normal shoulders anymore, cuz they cut some of my major back muscles. I stopped for about 4 months, but just came out of an amazing relationship badly, and I've read that girls think scars are somehow amazingly hot, and I think I may relapse now. Please help!?!? Girls, what do you you think? They're all over my back. I have a... Higher rated than normal body, many, MANY people say I could be James Maslow's twin, and I wanna go to the beach again, but ill look like a dork with... my body and a shirt on.

Last edited by The Blood Lord; December 19th, 2013 at 04:44 AM. Reason: forgot something
The Blood Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2013, 04:45 AM   #6
The Blood Lord
Nice Poster

The Blood Lord's Forum Picture

Name: Danie

And yes, I have a lot of depression and problems. That's why you'll see me on some other threads too.
The Blood Lord is offline   Reply With Quote