Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 9th, 2013, 09:55 PM   #1
rianvice
Junior Member+

Name: Kashina
Unhappy Urges to do Bad Things

Hi guys. Sorry if I don't put this in the right forum, but I do not know where else to put it.

Anyway...so as the title says, I get urges to do bad things. I suppose everyone gets these urges, but they are so strong, and so hard to fight off, like I am battling two different sides of me. It's like one side of me is trying to take over the other side of me. I get urges to do violent, destructive things. I get urges and thoughts that in my religion, would be considered blasphemous. It's just so hard, and it happens all the time. Especially around things considered to be dangerous like knives, fire, etc. For example, sometimes I imagine killing my family, sometimes I wanna burn myself, sometimes I just want to cut myself. I don't know if this is normal, but I was wondering if this happens to any of you?

Thanks in advance.

I don't even know anymore.
rianvice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #2
Derryck
Banned

Name: Derryck
Location: in the spiritual everywhere. Its right next to the spiritual nowhere.
Default Re: Urges to do Bad Things

You enjoy the excitement don't you. The thrill of going against a strict set of rules thrills you doesn't it. It is human nature to go against something like that. The stricter the rules, the more powerful the urge.
Derryck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2013, 10:11 PM   #3
Mikedamaniak

Name: Michael

This really doesn't sound good, but I suppose it could be considered normal, as we all get angry moments naturally as humans. As a culture we are taught to restrain ourselves from having these urges, even though they sometimes kept us alive in the caveman days. The caveman days are over now, though, so these urges can get us hurt, rather than keep us alive, back then there were no weapons, not even any knowledge of where a kick hurt most. So when the two sides of you are fighting, that's the restraint fighting with the urges.

All I can say is if this becomes a problem and is ruining your life, talk to someone about it.
Mikedamaniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #4
rianvice
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikedamaniak View Post
This really doesn't sound good, but I suppose it could be considered normal, as we all get angry moments naturally as humans. As a culture we are taught to restrain ourselves from having these urges, even though they sometimes kept us alive in the caveman days. The caveman days are over now, though, so these urges can get us hurt, rather than keep us alive, back then there were no weapons, not even any knowledge of where a kick hurt most. So when the two sides of you are fighting, that's the restraint fighting with the urges.

All I can say is if this becomes a problem and is ruining your life, talk to someone about it.
The thing is, I am never angry when this happens; it just happens.

Old December 9th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #5
Mikedamaniak

Name: Michael

You might have been angry before at something, and those thinking those thoughts became habits, but I dunno, you tell me. I'm not you, so I shouldn't say. The main thing is not to dwell on it unless it becomes a problem that is troubling you that you want to fix.
Good luck
Mikedamaniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2013, 08:34 AM   #6
Paraxiom
neophyte ietsist

Paraxiom's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derryck View Post
You enjoy the excitement don't you. The thrill of going against a strict set of rules thrills you doesn't it. It is human nature to go against something like that. The stricter the rules, the more powerful the urge.
Well this does make sense.

A way to remove the urge is to use it, not deny it. Get some plastic bottles and smash or rip them apart.
Paraxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #7
Katiya
Nice Poster

Katiya's Forum Picture

Name: Anonymous ...no really...

If you aren't angry before hand this could be a disorder. Could be. However as long as you do not act upon the bad things it is fine. When a person begins to vomit crimes then it becomes a problem.

Do what the AP said and smash bottles and things the don't matter. You could talk to your doc about this and getting help but be clear you do not actually wish to harm anyone and that the thoughts disturb you. That would be safe to say. It might help to talk it out. Choice is yours

~I do not try to give advice as much as I do just point out facts as I have found people like to make their own decisions in life, not be told what one is best to make~

Please excuse my typos. I'm usually on my phone and it has issues.
Katiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 09:42 PM   #8
TheMasterRassilon

TheMasterRassilon's Forum Picture

Name: Julian

This happens to me. It's not because I get mad because you have to really really really anger me. But I think I feel similar temptations that you feel. Thus far I've not done anything but the temptation is there.
TheMasterRassilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2013, 10:35 AM   #9
Tarannosaurus
Awesome Poster

Tarannosaurus's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by rianvice View Post
Hi guys. Sorry if I don't put this in the right forum, but I do not know where else to put it.

Anyway...so as the title says, I get urges to do bad things. I suppose everyone gets these urges, but they are so strong, and so hard to fight off, like I am battling two different sides of me. It's like one side of me is trying to take over the other side of me. I get urges to do violent, destructive things. I get urges and thoughts that in my religion, would be considered blasphemous. It's just so hard, and it happens all the time. Especially around things considered to be dangerous like knives, fire, etc. For example, sometimes I imagine killing my family, sometimes I wanna burn myself, sometimes I just want to cut myself. I don't know if this is normal, but I was wondering if this happens to any of you?

Thanks in advance.
I understand what you mean, have a look at this page about compulsions and see if any thing on it helps http://www.moodjuice.scot.nhs.uk/obs...compulsion.asp

H&A mod
If you have a question don't hesitate to PM me or email me at [email protected]
Tarannosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #10
tommym
Junior Member+

tommym's Forum Picture

Name: Tommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rianvice View Post

Thanks in advance.
We all have this happen. Some more than others. And when it happens often, or for no reason, it's likely a chemical imbalance that should be discussed with a doctor. It's nothing to be ashamed of, because a huge number of people have similar disorders.

Meanwhile, you can do some things to help yourself through these moments. Obviously, you never want to act out your thoughts, so you need to train your brain how to steer away from them.

Figure out what makes you the happiest in life. It can be the smallest thing...perhaps sitting in a big field, staring at the sky...maybe eating your favorite fast food...reading a book...going to an amusement park...going to church...whatever it is.

Then, anytime you get these urges and thoughts, take deep breaths, close your eyes, and imagine you're doing that favorite thing. Something that relaxes you and helps you forget your worries.

And, if you need to, punch a pillow. But always try to talk yourself down first. Eventually, you'll be able to conquer your thoughts.
tommym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #11
rianvice
Junior Member+

Thank you guys sooo much for the help. I really appreciate it...and sorry for responding so late. I have been off of the internet for a while due to school ands stuff...

Old December 31st, 2013, 02:24 AM   #12
johndoe1112
Member++

johndoe1112's Forum Picture

Name: john

yeah i get the same thing but i take it out in a diffrent way if you read any of my past threads but i don't suggest you just beat the shit out of random people but you probly need someone to talk to

Too weird to live too rare to die-raoule duke
johndoe1112 is offline   Reply With Quote