Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 25th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #1
Pseudogeek
Member
 
Pseudogeek's Forum Picture
 
Name: aj
Join Date: August 26, 2013
Gender: Female
Default Classes Are Hell

I hate sitting in class with a passion. I love learning, and I'm fine with my classmates and teachers in co-op, but I hate being forced to sit still and quiet for 1-2 hours at a time, it's TORTURE. I usually get called out/scolded for interrupting the teacher, talking at the wrong time, or not sitting still enough/fidgeting. Class. Is. Awful.

Anyone else with similar feelings?

Meeting you was like catching my eye on barbed wire, it was painful, let's not do it again.
I'd be a true geek if I could focus for long enough, as for now I'm a mere pseudogeek
14|straight|Tinytown, USA|
Christian
Tumblr
I can finally send PMs!
Pseudogeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #2
Ifxzzy
Member
 
Ifxzzy's Forum Picture
 
Name: Gian
Join Date: April 1, 2013
Location: NY
Gender: Male
Default Re: Classes Are Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudogeek View Post
I hate sitting in class with a passion. I love learning, and I'm fine with my classmates and teachers in co-op, but I hate being forced to sit still and quiet for 1-2 hours at a time, it's TORTURE. I usually get called out/scolded for interrupting the teacher, talking at the wrong time, or not sitting still enough/fidgeting. Class. Is. Awful.

Anyone else with similar feelings?
My classes are only 40 minutes each, I wonder where you're from?

Edit: I just looked at your sig, I suggest you talk to some of your teachers and ask them for breaks?
because sitting in a classroom for a hour is insane

OS:Windows 8 CPU: AMD FX 8350 CPU Cooler: Stock* Motherboard: Asus M5 A97 R2.0 Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB
Storage: WD 500GB GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 650 Ti Case: NXZT Source 210 Classic PSU: Corsair CX600M Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire Tk Mouse:Perrixx MX-3000

Goal: Upgrade to Radeon HD 7970,Upgrade to Corsair CX750

Last edited by Ifxzzy; April 30th, 2015 at 03:44 PM.
Ifxzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 10:52 PM   #3
Pseudogeek
Member
 
Pseudogeek's Forum Picture
 
Name: aj
Join Date: August 26, 2013
Gender: Female
Default Re: Classes Are Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifxzzy View Post
My classes are only 40 minutes each, I wonder where you're from?

Edit: I just looked at your sig, I suggest you talk to some of your teachers and ask them for breaks?
because sitting in a classroom for a hour is sane
My classes are generally 1 hr 15 minutes. I'm homeschooled, but two days a week I have co-op so I guess they're trying to get more material in? My chemistry class is 2 hours in, but the teacher isn't super strict about talking or even tossing things around in class, so it's actually one of my better classes.

I also have the hardest schedule on Thurdays, my school day runs from 8-5:30 with a 15 minute break and a 15-minute lunch break. Then play practice afterwards.

I'm allowed to go refill my water bottle and such....but I never remember my water bottle and thus have nothing to refill. I usually just leave my backpack outside the classroom so if I left something I have to go out to get it.

Meeting you was like catching my eye on barbed wire, it was painful, let's not do it again.
I'd be a true geek if I could focus for long enough, as for now I'm a mere pseudogeek
14|straight|Tinytown, USA|
Christian
Tumblr
I can finally send PMs!
Pseudogeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #4
The Trendy Wolf
Nice Poster
 
The Trendy Wolf's Forum Picture
 
Name: Grant
Join Date: August 26, 2013
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Classes Are Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudogeek View Post
I hate sitting in class with a passion. I love learning, and I'm fine with my classmates and teachers in co-op, but I hate being forced to sit still and quiet for 1-2 hours at a time, it's TORTURE. I usually get called out/scolded for interrupting the teacher, talking at the wrong time, or not sitting still enough/fidgeting. Class. Is. Awful.

Anyone else with similar feelings?
Absolutely! Although I don't hate the classes for it, I know how you feel. I despise how I simply cannot control some of my outbursts, no matter how hard I focus on not trying to do so. Say I'm working on a piece of homework in class at my desk, and I hear another conversation going on towards the other side of the room. The rest of the class is just talking in their little cliques, and that group that I hear asks a yes or no question to someone, even the teacher, and I rarely am able to stop myself before saying, "NO! Shut up!" in a rather comedic fashion or something of the sort. I am often reminded throughout the school day, before my medication has worn off, that I will soon begin descending into the depths of my ADHD, and I will gradually become more impulsive starting around 11:00a.m. I also have observed that many of my peers and those around me influence my actions greatly once my meds are no longer in effect. I simply wish I could have a calm, focused, and relaxed educational environment to perhaps appease my second personality in a way that will help me continue my already terrific success in school as a result of my first personality, which is when my meds are working.

It's a terrible feeling to know that I'm not going to possess my intelligence and focus in just a few hours, but know that it will get better. I know it's difficult to control yourself, but do everything you can to nurture your "crazy" side and you will at least have the satisfaction of knowing that you're trying, and nobody may say otherwise.

Have a wonderful day!

Wolves

I try really hard not to be too full of myself
The Trendy Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #5
Pseudogeek
Member
 
Pseudogeek's Forum Picture
 
Name: aj
Join Date: August 26, 2013
Gender: Female
Default Re: Classes Are Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Literate View Post
Absolutely! Although I don't hate the classes for it, I know how you feel. I despise how I simply cannot control some of my outbursts, no matter how hard I focus on not trying to do so. Say I'm working on a piece of homework in class at my desk, and I hear another conversation going on towards the other side of the room. The rest of the class is just talking in their little cliques, and that group that I hear asks a yes or no question to someone, even the teacher, and I rarely am able to stop myself before saying, "NO! Shut up!" in a rather comedic fashion or something of the sort. I am often reminded throughout the school day, before my medication has worn off, that I will soon begin descending into the depths of my ADHD, and I will gradually become more impulsive starting around 11:00a.m. I also have observed that many of my peers and those around me influence my actions greatly once my meds are no longer in effect. I simply wish I could have a calm, focused, and relaxed educational environment to perhaps appease my second personality in a way that will help me continue my already terrific success in school as a result of my first personality, which is when my meds are working.

It's a terrible feeling to know that I'm not going to possess my intelligence and focus in just a few hours, but know that it will get better. I know it's difficult to control yourself, but do everything you can to nurture your "crazy" side and you will at least have the satisfaction of knowing that you're trying, and nobody may say otherwise.

Have a wonderful day!
It's awful! I'm not trying to interrupt, it's just at some point my brain goes "screw waiting" before the rational part goes "it'll be two seconds, max". I'm always interrupting and it's embarrassing because I'm almost always trying NOT to. Usually by the end of the day I'm carving my notebooks with staples and making staple chain bracelets and playing with the magnet in my stapler, my compass, and the binding/paper in almost all of my notebooks. My school supplies always look TRASHED from all my doodling and fiddling. >.<

Meeting you was like catching my eye on barbed wire, it was painful, let's not do it again.
I'd be a true geek if I could focus for long enough, as for now I'm a mere pseudogeek
14|straight|Tinytown, USA|
Christian
Tumblr
I can finally send PMs!
Pseudogeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #6
tundravortex
Awesome Poster
 
tundravortex's Forum Picture
 
Name: wisse
Join Date: August 30, 2012
Location: nys
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Default Re: Classes Are Hell

comment removed

"i just dropped out of collage,lost my job and living in my parents house - i truly am the future of america" lol only joking

Last edited by tundravortex; November 26th, 2013 at 08:36 PM.
tundravortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #7
Barneytinsen
Banned
 
Name: Barney (not my real name or any of my name just call me that for forum reasons)
Join Date: July 20, 2013
Location: your heart
Gender: Male
Default Re: Classes Are Hell

classes are pain in the ass i get sleepy even i like the subject i lose concentration easily.
Barneytinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2013, 08:51 AM   #8
Pseudogeek
Member
 
Pseudogeek's Forum Picture
 
Name: aj
Join Date: August 26, 2013
Gender: Female
Default Re: Classes Are Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barneytinsen View Post
classes are pain in the ass i get sleepy even i like the subject i lose concentration easily.
Same. I just can't keep my mind from wandering >.>

Meeting you was like catching my eye on barbed wire, it was painful, let's not do it again.
I'd be a true geek if I could focus for long enough, as for now I'm a mere pseudogeek
14|straight|Tinytown, USA|
Christian
Tumblr
I can finally send PMs!
Pseudogeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #9
Caver
Member++
 
Caver's Forum Picture
 
Name: Verity
Join Date: February 13, 2012
Location: UK
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Classes Are Hell

Nope, we usually have "discussion time" and then we have to write, it's not based on listening as hardly no one will learn by that way xD
Caver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2013, 08:31 PM   #10
Pseudogeek
Member
 
Pseudogeek's Forum Picture
 
Name: aj
Join Date: August 26, 2013
Gender: Female
Default Re: Classes Are Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caver View Post
Nope, we usually have "discussion time" and then we have to write, it's not based on listening as hardly no one will learn by that way xD
Lucky!!! I love discussion time.

Meeting you was like catching my eye on barbed wire, it was painful, let's not do it again.
I'd be a true geek if I could focus for long enough, as for now I'm a mere pseudogeek
14|straight|Tinytown, USA|
Christian
Tumblr
I can finally send PMs!
Pseudogeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 07:01 AM   #11
Caver
Member++
 
Caver's Forum Picture
 
Name: Verity
Join Date: February 13, 2012
Location: UK
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Classes Are Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudogeek View Post
Lucky!!! I love discussion time.
No one actually discusses about the work though, just about random stuff :p
Caver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 08:11 AM   #12
Pseudogeek
Member
 
Pseudogeek's Forum Picture
 
Name: aj
Join Date: August 26, 2013
Gender: Female
Default Re: Classes Are Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caver View Post
No one actually discusses about the work though, just about random stuff :p
Exactly, which is why I love it

Meeting you was like catching my eye on barbed wire, it was painful, let's not do it again.
I'd be a true geek if I could focus for long enough, as for now I'm a mere pseudogeek
14|straight|Tinytown, USA|
Christian
Tumblr
I can finally send PMs!
Pseudogeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2017
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2017, VirtualTeen.org