Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [1]

Old November 8th, 2013, 06:19 AM   #1
lamar5559
Junior Member+

Default Puberty 101 penis size sticky false information

The information in the sticky for penis size in the boys section of "Puberty 101" is false. I feel like the information there needs to be accurate, because a lot of boys going through puberty think that penis size is extremely important. Below, I will list the correct average sizes, and the correct way to measure penis size (as the method listed in the sticky is also incorrect.) At the bottom of this post, I will list the sources for this information.

I think that the current sticky need be removed, and replaced with one that will more accurately convey the true penis size, and tell the users how to measure properly.

---------------------Average Size----------------------------------

The sticky says that the average penis size is between 5 and 7 inches. An average is a single value, not a range.

The average, adult, flaccid penis size is 3.38" long.

The average, adult, erect penis size is 5.75" long and 4.67" in girth.
(These measurements where taken with the method listed below)

--------------------Measuring--------------------------------------

There is a lot of misconception about how to properly measure a penis. Nearly all penis size studies conducted by researchers utilize the "Bone Pressed" or "True Penis Size" method. While a lot of people think that using this method is "cheating", that is false. At the base of the penis, there is a fat pad that differs greatly in size from person to person. Some people may have a fat pad that is less than .25", while others may have one that is well over 1".

By pressing the ruler, or tape measure, into the pubic bone above the penis while measuring is the only consistent way to measure.

-
The Correct way to measure your penis. (The way utilized in penis size studies.)

1.) If your penis has no upward or downward curve, get a ruler. If there is a upward or downward curve, get a tape measure.

2.) With a full erection, stand up.

3.) Place the ruler or tape measure on TOP of your penis, making sure that the end is against your abdomen.

4.) Push the end of the ruler/tape measure as far back into your abdomen as it will go.

5.) Write down where the end of your penis is on the ruler/tape measure.
-
(I'm not going to talk about measuring girth, as the method in the sticky is correct.)

Sources:

Chat that puts all of the sources below into a easier to read format.

"Penile Length in the Flaccid and Erect States: Guidelines for Penile Augmentation." The Journal of Urology 156.3 (1996): 995-97

"Does Penile Size in Younger Men Cause Problems in Condom Use?" Urology 57.2(2001): 314-18

"Predicting Penile Size during Erection" International Journal of Impotence Research 12.6(2000) 328-33

18 / M / Gay

College student studying Computer Science
(C++ main focus)
lamar5559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2013, 10:55 AM   #2
britishboy
VT Lover

britishboy's Forum Picture

Name: jack
Default Re: Puberty 101 penis size sticky false information

no its fine, the penises range is fine also as the vast majority fall into it and relax those that are unhappy

and as you say yourself how to measure is controversial so it will debated whatever method is there

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
(by Laurence Binyon)
RIP TO ALL THOSE WHO DIED FOR OUR LIBERTY AND FREEDOM IN WW1, WW2 AND ALL MODERN CONFLICTS
britishboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2013, 11:02 AM   #3
Paraxiom
neophyte ietsist

Paraxiom's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamar5559 View Post
The information in the sticky for penis size in the boys section of "Puberty 101" is false. I feel like the information there needs to be accurate, because a lot of boys going through puberty think that penis size is extremely important. Below, I will list the correct average sizes, and the correct way to measure penis size (as the method listed in the sticky is also incorrect.) At the bottom of this post, I will list the sources for this information.

I think that the current sticky need be removed, and replaced with one that will more accurately convey the true penis size, and tell the users how to measure properly.

---------------------Average Size----------------------------------

The sticky says that the average penis size is between 5 and 7 inches. An average is a single value, not a range.

The average, adult, flaccid penis size is 3.38" long.

The average, adult, erect penis size is 5.75" long and 4.67" in girth.
(These measurements where taken with the method listed below)

--------------------Measuring--------------------------------------

There is a lot of misconception about how to properly measure a penis. Nearly all penis size studies conducted by researchers utilize the "Bone Pressed" or "True Penis Size" method. While a lot of people think that using this method is "cheating", that is false. At the base of the penis, there is a fat pad that differs greatly in size from person to person. Some people may have a fat pad that is less than .25", while others may have one that is well over 1".

By pressing the ruler, or tape measure, into the pubic bone above the penis while measuring is the only consistent way to measure.

-
The Correct way to measure your penis. (The way utilized in penis size studies.)

1.) If your penis has no upward or downward curve, get a ruler. If there is a upward or downward curve, get a tape measure.

2.) With a full erection, stand up.

3.) Place the ruler or tape measure on TOP of your penis, making sure that the end is against your abdomen.

4.) Push the end of the ruler/tape measure as far back into your abdomen as it will go.

5.) Write down where the end of your penis is on the ruler/tape measure.
-
(I'm not going to talk about measuring girth, as the method in the sticky is correct.)

Sources:

Chat that puts all of the sources below into a easier to read format.

"Penile Length in the Flaccid and Erect States: Guidelines for Penile Augmentation." The Journal of Urology 156.3 (1996): 995-97

"Does Penile Size in Younger Men Cause Problems in Condom Use?" Urology 57.2(2001): 314-18

"Predicting Penile Size during Erection" International Journal of Impotence Research 12.6(2000) 328-33
I've heard of this measurement procedure before, didn't do it yet. Sounds verified, good advice. But I don't think the P101 penis size information is wrong.
Paraxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 12:38 PM   #4
NeuroTiger
El Tigre

NeuroTiger's Forum Picture

Everyone has his method.
Relative to that in P101 section, you see your size and compare it with the average size for this type of measurement.
NeuroTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #5
ImCoolBeans
Retired Administrator

ImCoolBeans's Forum Picture

Name: Mike

If it were misinformation I would agree with you, but It's correct. If anything I would mistrust such an exact number like the one you provided more than the average range, which the anonymous poll supports, and which your number also falls between.

Always here to help. Don't hesitate to PM me.

Machines Are Taking Over
-Ron
-and also Beth, with Max too
Contact me at [email protected]
Jon was here
"The Goderator" Worshiper
*Ali*-
Officially blessed by Elysium, The Goderator
ImCoolBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #6
Dark Hatred
Unactivated Member

Name: Jackson

I agree with this. Bone-pressed is the true penis size.
Dark Hatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2013, 01:13 AM   #7
ImCoolBeans
Retired Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
I agree with this. Bone-pressed is the true penis size.
That's more of an embellishment. By doing that you're also measuring the compressed skin and tissue between the bone and outside of the epidermis. It doesn't really make much sense to measure that since it certainly isn't always the same, and as you gain/lose weight it also would change thickness, is it me or is that more inaccurate than measuring what's actually on the outside?

Machines Are Taking Over
-Ron
Jon was here
*Ali*-
Old November 30th, 2013, 02:07 PM   #8
Silicate Wielder
Deep-web Survivalist

Silicate Wielder's Forum Picture

Name: Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoolBeans View Post
That's more of an embellishment. By doing that you're also measuring the compressed skin and tissue between the bone and outside of the epidermis. It doesn't really make much sense to measure that since it certainly isn't always the same, and as you gain/lose weight it also would change thickness, is it me or is that more inaccurate than measuring what's actually on the outside?
well woudn't the length beyond that also change? Tissue could at the base of penis changes thickness meaning more or less is exposed. either way they're both of the same accuracy.

I like drawing boobs.
Quote:
Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers. - Leonard Brandwein
Silicate Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2013, 12:33 PM   #9
ImCoolBeans
Retired Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Universe Itself View Post
well woudn't the length beyond that also change? Tissue could at the base of penis changes thickness meaning more or less is exposed. either way they're both of the same accuracy.
Wouldn't measuring a penis only involve what you can see physically see, feel, and use of it? Why would you add the measurement of tissue inside of your body onto an external measurement? Doesn't really make any sense.

Machines Are Taking Over
-Ron
Jon was here
*Ali*-