Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 7th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #1
Imaustinigeuss
Member
 
Imaustinigeuss's Forum Picture
 
Name: Austin
Join Date: June 29, 2013
Location: North dokota
Gender: Male
Default

ok for a while off and on ive heard like a thing whispering like its whispering in my ear and its said like "I know what you did" and don't you dare" and other things in that such and like when im home alone ill hear people down stairs and other stuff and its freaking me out my friends instantly go to "have u done pegan or wiccan? or that and no I haven't and I feel like im going crazy

and I can hear like cars slamming at one aclock like im in a huge city but im in a SMALL town

ok and I JUST read the sticky above and like the some of them seem similarish like ive like saw things roll across the floor that no one ealse sees I rarly eat dreams feel real like ill wake up cuz it feels like some ones tickling me like I was in the dream

PRIDE

Last edited by Imaustinigeuss; November 7th, 2013 at 09:02 PM. Reason: merging
Imaustinigeuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #2
SubCulture
New Member
 
Join Date: November 7, 2013
Location: Somewhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: do i have it?

I don't know. But I'd recommend talking to your parents and going to a doctor. Then you can get diagnosed and try different medications and see if any of them help.
SubCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #3
Luminous
Legendary Member
 
Luminous's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: July 21, 2013
Location: USA
Gender: Cisgender Female
Default Re: do i have it?

I don't know exactly what it is, but it definitely sounds like something up. You should really go tell your parents and see a professional. It is a scary thought, I know, but meds can really help you, and a doctor can help you find the right medication and dosage.

val
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2013, 09:47 AM   #4
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)
 
1_21Guns's Forum Picture
 
Name: Natalie
Join Date: May 16, 2009
Location: Hell.
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Default Re: do i have it?

The worst thing you can do is sit there and diagnose yourself, talk to your parents, go to the doctors. As Hannah said it does sound like something, but I wouldn't rush head over heels into meds, it's pretty unlikely you'll get put on those straight away as they don't like giving younger people meds because they can have... adverse reactions. Talk to your parents or a doctor, or even any trusted adult, but don't sit there trawling through the internet convincing yourself you have a bunch of things which you actually more than likely don't.

1_21Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2013, 10:09 AM   #5
ksdnfkfr
Banned
 
Join Date: August 28, 2013
Gender: Undisclosed
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: do i have it?

Well severe schizophrenia would make you
unable to function in society. Having something
isn't as important as its impact on your life.
For about half my life my autism was severe
enough for it to have a serious impact. Now it
is not having nearly as much of an impact.

Anyways, you might have schizoid tendencies,
but the question is, how is it effecting your life?
Is it keeping you from accomplishing things or
putting you at danger?

Also, I experience some of what you are talking about.
I my case it is called hyperacusis.
I hear things, pick up on sounds, that others do not.
It is common in autism, which is kind of a "cousin" to
schizophrenia (I think).

But if you want to know for sure, you must get
evaluated by an expert. Self dx is not worth beans
unless it leads to that.
ksdnfkfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #6
Imaustinigeuss
Member
 
Imaustinigeuss's Forum Picture
 
Name: Austin
Join Date: June 29, 2013
Location: North dokota
Gender: Male
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_21Guns View Post
The worst thing you can do is sit there and diagnose yourself, talk to your parents, go to the doctors. As Hannah said it does sound like something, but I wouldn't rush head over heels into meds, it's pretty unlikely you'll get put on those straight away as they don't like giving younger people meds because they can have... adverse reactions. Talk to your parents or a doctor, or even any trusted adult, but don't sit there trawling through the internet convincing yourself you have a bunch of things which you actually more than likely don't.
chances are the docters wont take very long cuz im already on a TON of meds for other things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
Well severe schizophrenia would make you
unable to function in society. Having something
isn't as important as its impact on your life.
For about half my life my autism was severe
enough for it to have a serious impact. Now it
is not having nearly as much of an impact.

Anyways, you might have schizoid tendencies,
but the question is, how is it effecting your life?
Is it keeping you from accomplishing things or
putting you at danger?

Also, I experience some of what you are talking about.
I my case it is called hyperacusis.
I hear things, pick up on sounds, that others do not.
It is common in autism, which is kind of a "cousin" to
schizophrenia (I think).

But if you want to know for sure, you must get
evaluated by an expert. Self dx is not worth beans
unless it leads to that.
its making me scared cuz no one ealse hears it so I stay in my room cuz im scared some1 is out of the door but its just like a wisper isn't its got nto a normal voice 2 times the staying in room thing is really the only effect on my life that and im a lot shier

PRIDE

Last edited by Lost in the Echo; November 9th, 2013 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Merged double post
Imaustinigeuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #7
Paraxiom
neophyte ietsist
 
Paraxiom's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: August 25, 2013
Location: Ireland
Age: 21
Gender: Neutral
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: do i have it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaustinigeuss View Post
ok for a while off and on ive heard like a thing whispering like its whispering in my ear and its said like "I know what you did" and don't you dare" and other things in that such and like when im home alone ill hear people down stairs and other stuff and its freaking me out my friends instantly go to "have u done pegan or wiccan? or that and no I haven't and I feel like im going crazy

and I can hear like cars slamming at one aclock like im in a huge city but im in a SMALL town

ok and I JUST read the sticky above and like the some of them seem similarish like ive like saw things roll across the floor that no one ealse sees I rarly eat dreams feel real like ill wake up cuz it feels like some ones tickling me like I was in the dream
I've had 3 or 4 times so far in my life where once I woke up and hear the smoke alarm go off, but nobody else heard it, only me. And the other 3 times, there was a large loud male voice rambling in my head with threats, getting louder and faster, with this vibe of fear coming along with it. So I know what it feels like, except I got them as rare once-off things. And it sounds like it is recurring for you, which means an ongoing thing is up. I can't help directly , but talking about this to someone you trust, and to a doctor or a teacher, will help. When people who can help know, they will try their best to help.
*hugs*
Paraxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2013, 10:42 PM   #8
Imaustinigeuss
Member
 
Imaustinigeuss's Forum Picture
 
Name: Austin
Join Date: June 29, 2013
Location: North dokota
Gender: Male
Default Re: do i have it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContinuingToLive View Post
I've had 3 or 4 times so far in my life where once I woke up and hear the smoke alarm go off, but nobody else heard it, only me. And the other 3 times, there was a large loud male voice rambling in my head with threats, getting louder and faster, with this vibe of fear coming along with it. So I know what it feels like, except I got them as rare once-off things. And it sounds like it is recurring for you, which means an ongoing thing is up. I can't help directly , but talking about this to someone you trust, and to a doctor or a teacher, will help. When people who can help know, they will try their best to help.
*hugs*
thanks but the one thing about it is I hav horrible horrible trust issues and the friend I asked abt it just said "your fine just ttry being happier" if that makes any scence?

PRIDE
Imaustinigeuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2013, 03:27 AM   #9
ksdnfkfr
Banned
 
Join Date: August 28, 2013
Gender: Undisclosed
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: do i have it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaustinigeuss View Post
its making me scared cuz no one ealse hears it so I stay in my room cuz im scared some1 is out of the door but its just like a wisper isn't its got nto a normal voice 2 times the staying in room thing is really the only effect on my life that and im a lot shier
Well it would definitely help to talk to someone about it.
That's why I'm glad I have a school counselor in case I
need to bring something like that up. I stay in my room
a lot too. I think you maybe might have something neurological.
Not anything serious but maybe something. My mind is
always playing tricks on me and I get really scared and
paranoid at times, but at least I know why stuff like that
happens. And really stuff like that happens to normal
little kids all the time thinking there is a monster in the
closet or under the bed. Who says we completely outgrow
that sort of thing? My bed is up against a wall and sometimes
I can't sleep towards the wall with my back to the open part
of the bedroom because it feels like someone/something will
sneak up on me, and I have to open my eyes every few minutes
to make sure some dark figure isn't standing there. And like
I said, I hear voices, wispers and sounds no one else does. For me
it is all neurological because of autism, so I know I'm not going
crazy, but it sure feels like it at times.
ksdnfkfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #10
Paraxiom
neophyte ietsist
 
Paraxiom's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: August 25, 2013
Location: Ireland
Age: 21
Gender: Neutral
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: do i have it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaustinigeuss View Post
thanks but the one thing about it is I hav horrible horrible trust issues and the friend I asked abt it just said "your fine just ttry being happier" if that makes any scence?
Maybe not thinking about it will help, but I'm not sure. The voice in your head is probably your subconscious mind (most of the minds that we don't control) making itself known. There's a connection between what the voice says and what your feelings, emotions and thoughts are. For example, the voice saying "don't do that" could mean that you are going to do something, but at the back of your mind you don't want to, for regret/fear/guilt etc.

If you have trust problems with people, then you will have some trust problems with yourself. If trust breaks down between different parts of your mind, there will be a divide and each part will become less integrated with the others. Some will act independently as a compromise, sometimes not in tandem with the other parts of your mind, causing self-conflict (I've been there a lot, so I know ). So that voice is one of those parts of your mind, which is doing things the conscious part of your mind/ego (i.e. 'you') does not want to go along with.

The best help I can give is for your to spend some quiet time to just think about you and your thinking. That will give you more of an idea of that's going on by just listening to your own mind. Observe, and see what happens.

Trying to be a psychologist is something I'm really not good at , just coming from experience. Hope this might help things make more sense (if my long technical vocab makes sense :/ )
*hugs*

Last edited by Paraxiom; November 9th, 2013 at 10:02 AM.
Paraxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #11
Imaustinigeuss
Member
 
Imaustinigeuss's Forum Picture
 
Name: Austin
Join Date: June 29, 2013
Location: North dokota
Gender: Male
Default Re: do i have it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
Well it would definitely help to talk to someone about it.
That's why I'm glad I have a school counselor in case I
need to bring something like that up. I stay in my room
a lot too. I think you maybe might have something neurological.
Not anything serious but maybe something. My mind is
always playing tricks on me and I get really scared and
paranoid at times, but at least I know why stuff like that
happens. And really stuff like that happens to normal
little kids all the time thinking there is a monster in the
closet or under the bed. Who says we completely outgrow
that sort of thing? My bed is up against a wall and sometimes
I can't sleep towards the wall with my back to the open part
of the bedroom because it feels like someone/something will
sneak up on me, and I have to open my eyes every few minutes
to make sure some dark figure isn't standing there. And like
I said, I hear voices, wispers and sounds no one else does. For me
it is all neurological because of autism, so I know I'm not going
crazy, but it sure feels like it at times.
whats autism?

PRIDE
Imaustinigeuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2013, 01:35 PM   #12
SubCulture
New Member
 
Join Date: November 7, 2013
Location: Somewhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: do i have it?

Another brain disorder with symptoms so varied that it's hard to explain.
SubCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2013, 02:40 AM   #13
ksdnfkfr
Banned
 
Join Date: August 28, 2013
Gender: Undisclosed
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: do i have it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaustinigeuss View Post
whats autism?
Funny, as much as I know about it, it is hard
for me to give a simple answer to that simple question.
So I will swipe a definition:
Autism is a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts.

But there is a lot more to it than that.
Autism is a spectrum that ranges from severe to mild.
When I was little mine was fairly severe. I did not talk
until after I was three and really did not communicate
until after I was six. That is non verbal autism.

Then there is mild autism which is called Asperger's syndrome
or High Functioning Autism.
There are a lot of famous smart people who are suspected of
having Asperger's, such as Thomas Edison, Albert Eisenstein,
and Bill Gates. A kid who is bright but unable to socialize
and make friends and kind of clueless about certain abstract things like body language, hints, sarcasm and flirting is often an aspie. I was just talking to a guy on Govteen who sounded like an aspie to me and I found out he had been diagnosed with it.

The best way for someone to find out if they have mild autism or some
other mild neurological condition, is start off by telling a counselor or doctor what they feel is wrong with them or different about them and what difficulties they are having.
ksdnfkfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2013, 02:46 AM   #14
NeuroTiger
El Tigre
 
NeuroTiger's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: October 14, 2012
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: do i have it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
Funny, as much as I know about it, it is hard
for me to give a simple answer to that simple question.
So I will swipe a definition:
Autism is a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts.

But there is a lot more to it than that.
Autism is a spectrum that ranges from severe to mild.
When I was little mine was fairly severe. I did not talk
until after I was three and really did not communicate
until after I was six. That is non verbal autism.

Then there is mild autism which is called Asperger's syndrome
or High Functioning Autism.
There are a lot of famous smart people who are suspected of
having Asperger's, such as Thomas Edison, Albert Eisenstein,
and Bill Gates. A kid who is bright but unable to socialize
and make friends and kind of clueless about certain abstract things like body language, hints, sarcasm and flirting is often an aspie. I was just talking to a guy on Govteen who sounded like an aspie to me and I found out he had been diagnosed with it.

The best way for someone to find out if they have mild autism or some
other mild neurological condition, is start off by telling a counselor or doctor what they feel is wrong with them or different about them and what difficulties they are having.
Well explained...

Last edited by NeuroTiger; November 11th, 2013 at 02:30 PM.
NeuroTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #15
SkootuGurl
Member+
 
SkootuGurl's Forum Picture
 
Name: Melissa
Join Date: June 20, 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Gender: Female
Default Re: do i have it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaustinigeuss View Post
chances are the docters wont take very long cuz im already on a TON of meds for other things
Then you should definitely inform your doctor as the medication they have you on may be triggering the effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezra
Then there is mild autism which is called Asperger's syndrome
or High Functioning Autism.
Sorry, but that is completely wrong. AS and HFA are not just "mild" cases of autism. They are both just one of the many forms of autism and there are mild and severe cases of both of them just as there are mild and severe cases of other types of autism.

Cases of AS and HFA often just seem less severe as the impact they have on communication skills is far less than with other forms of autism.
SkootuGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #16
ksdnfkfr
Banned
 
Join Date: August 28, 2013
Gender: Undisclosed
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: do i have it?

[QUOTE=SkootuGurl;2573731]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
Then there is mild autism which is called Asperger's syndrome
or High Functioning Autism.
Sorry, but that is completely wrong. AS and HFA are not just "mild" cases of autism. They are both just one of the many forms of autism and there are mild and severe cases of both of them just as there are mild and severe cases of other types of autism.

Cases of AS and HFA often just seem less severe as the impact they have on communication skills is far less than with other forms of autism.
I should have said milder. For instance if someone like Austin had it, it would likely be the milder form, which is where I was going.
Right now in my case I could be classified as having more severe Asperger's (except for the fact that I was non-verbal). I spent most of my school years in private schools for developmentally disabled, with kids who were all throughout the spectrum, so I understand where you are coming from. It is all complected and tricky. That's why our emblem is a ribbon made of puzzle pieces.
ksdnfkfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2017
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2017, VirtualTeen.org