Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 18th, 2014, 01:16 PM   #721
wonderland

Default Re: First Time Cutting

i think i was 11, i got a pair of scissors, went into my room and kind of sawed away at my leg. I can't remember exactly what caused me to do it that day, i imagine it was due to feeling different and unwanted though.

Fuck, it's weird to think this has been going on for 4 years now..
wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2014, 09:53 PM   #722
romes3

Name: Roma

The first time I cut myself was in 6th grade. I wanted to get rid of the pain, and I was sick of crying. It felt really good, and I liked the pain. I used to get bullied a ton, and that led to it. I'm actually friends with my ex bully now. Now when I cut, its mostly because of my parents and pressure to do everything right.
romes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2014, 04:51 PM   #723
amgb
Awesome Poster

The first time I cut was when I was in year 8, I was feeling really overwhelmed, and then I thought, if I hurt myself I will feel better. So I did and I felt better, and basically I've been on and off since then.

Last edited by amgb; February 27th, 2015 at 10:47 PM.
amgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2015, 12:13 AM   #724
lumiadots

lumiadots's Forum Picture

Name: Alexa

i was pretty young the first time i cut myself...younger than i'd care to admit. i was also drunk and in so much inner turmoil and pain that i didn't know how to handle it. funny thing is, the majority of the times i cut after that, it was usually always when i had been drinking. i got help for both problems and i've been free of drinking and cutting for a while now, but i just find that funny to think about.

lumiadots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 12:52 PM   #725
Hldavis18
Banned

Name: Hunter

Yesterday was my first time... YOu genrallly think of a cut as somehting that hurts... stings, burn or something... But this cut felt like nothing i had ever experienced... it felt liberating.. it felt like all the pain that i had seeped out with the blood.. it felt like that she was finally at rest.... like the pain that i cause her... was gone.. like.. i didnt have to burden over it...... It was only three small slashes... but it was so so worth... it......
Hldavis18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2015, 06:14 PM   #726
Meh Guy
Awesome Poster

Meh Guy's Forum Picture

Name: Adam

My first time was in 2009-2010 not sure because all I remember was it was grade 8. I did it by accident through my friend. He took the razors out of sharpeners for fun (later I found out it was because like half my class cut.) so I put the razor in my pocket and continued on. Later I found I had accidentally cut my arm with it, didn't hurt or anything. At the time I had been really depressed and never heard of the notion of cutting. So there I had it, a pain free way to let myself release anger and sadness. Later it became painful as I cut for pain, not for looks.

Jack is bae <3

Quote:
Idk, straight guys are weird, that's my final answer.
Meh Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2015, 06:48 PM   #727
orchadork

orchadork's Forum Picture

Name: Thomas
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, South, USA, North America, North Hemisphere, Earth, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

I first cut when I was 10, I was failing classes, I had no friends. I mean it no one liked me. I was doing homework and I looked to the side and I saw my knife I had a knife there for protection against an intruder since there was no gun in my room. I picked it up and I flicked it open and cut a small slit on my wrist near the pressure point. I didn't like the feeling it hurt, and I had thin skin. I put the knife away and hid it. Then last year around October, my grades were falling (again), and this hasn't happened since I was 10 I pulled the knife out again and cut a slit in my arm near the same spot. It felt better this time.

15 YO gay I will talk about anything

100 POSTS ON 1/10/15 AT 09:40 PM (EST)
orchadork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2015, 03:10 PM   #728
amybah

Im a self harmer too
Its really hard to get over it
I need help :c
amybah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2015, 08:00 PM   #729
zebracheerflute

Name: ashley

i first started cutting this year my 8th grade year. ive been going through alot and i use a safety pin. mine do hurt but i dont care i feel like i deserve it

Last edited by zebracheerflute; February 2nd, 2015 at 04:48 PM.
zebracheerflute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2015, 11:28 AM   #730
amybah

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebracheerflute View Post
i first started cutting this year my 8th grade year. ive been going through alot and i ise a safety pin. mine do hurt but i dont care i feel like i deserve it
No one deserves it
amybah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2015, 10:45 PM   #731
Violetimez

Name: DeeDee

We'll I was 12 and my mom found out and started checking me every day for about 6 months now I'm 15 a and my f****d up life is catching up with me all I can say is she never should have stopped checking me oh we'll.😶
Violetimez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2015, 09:49 PM   #732
runner 19

runner 19's Forum Picture

Name: Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
It helps not to cut at all

Punch a pillow instead?
I used to cut alot but I been pretty good recently by "staying strong" but i recently relapsed and I regret it. It can't take the pain away. I just really want to be happy. I lost my best friend recently and it's been really hard. I have this amazing friend that has been there for me and helping me feel better. I really appreciate it. No one is that nice to me
runner 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2015, 12:03 PM   #733
City Kid
Awesome Poster

City Kid's Forum Picture

Name: Sophie

My first time cutting was only about two months ago. On the 28th of February 2015, to be exact.
Everything just came crashing down on me. I couldn't bear it anymore and was really, really suicidal. But instead of killing myself, I ended up cutting my wrists until they were covered in blood. Ironically, in a way the cutting saved my life.

City Kid
MAD(D) | in recovery since February 2014

[email protected]

Help & Advice moderator

ヽ(ᴗ‿ᴗ)ノ
City Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2015, 08:19 AM   #734
WanderingHeart
Nice Poster

Name: Sola

I started cutting sometime this year. Probably a few months ago or something.

WanderingHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2015, 06:42 PM   #735
Hell Driver

Name: Filip

Something terrible happened to me, i just couldn't believe it, so I started cutting, that was the only way to get rid of my anger, but after few months, I just reliazed that it was stupid, so I stopped Nothing but a scar was there... I do not recommend it to anyone, but it's the only way to get rid of anger...
Hell Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2015, 12:17 PM   #736
ValentinClarke
Nice Poster

ValentinClarke's Forum Picture

First time, was a couple weeks ago,I self harmed was with a compass, and scraped it so many times, and it bled. Last night, I took the razor from a sharpener, and cut myself about 12 times. I felt so bad after. But my head is clearer now. I just don't know. I'm scared of infection, but I know how to deal with it.
ValentinClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2015, 11:46 PM   #737
kerneltorture

I think it was four, five months ago, something like that. I was feeling like crap, which wasn't really anything new but all of a sudden I just wanted it to stop, so I took the blade out of a razor and made these tiny cuts on my arm. It hurt like hell, but it was the first time in forever that I had felt anything besides sadness, so I kept doing it.

The longest it's been now without SH'ing is a couple of weeks. I'm trying to stop, but it almost seems pointless to try and resist. If I stop self harming, life doesn't stop being shitty...
kerneltorture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2015, 04:42 AM   #738
TessaBear

TessaBear's Forum Picture

Name: Tessa

I was battling cancer at the time. I don't really count it as my first time cutting because I didn't do it again for several months. I was just having a horrible day in general. I was listening to airplanes by BoB. I saw my red pencil sharpener on my nightstand. I unscrewed it and made a small cut on my hand. I was texting my friend. I never thought I would move on to much more dangerous self harm habits.
TessaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2015, 01:20 PM   #739
Professional Russian
VTs official redneck

Professional Russian's Forum Picture

Name: Bert

Wow really just noticed this thread. Anyways I started cutting at the end of 8th and all through my freshman yeah. I had severe depression and couldn't handle it at all. I really can't really how exactly I started but it was an every night thing for a year probably. It was a horrible time for me. I quit for about 2 years and just relapsed a few months ago but have been clean for 3 weeks now hoping it last even longer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aotearoa View Post
What a fuckin miracle.
Professional Russian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2015, 01:46 PM   #740
Dune
Junior Member+

Dune's Forum Picture

I cut myself once about two years ago, and realized how stupid and unproductive it was. Never done it since.

17/m USA
Dune is offline   Reply With Quote