Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old November 5th, 2013, 09:57 PM   #1
johndoe1112
Member++

johndoe1112's Forum Picture

Name: john
Default there is some advantages to a.d.d

i am not a very hyper person i have a.d.d and i love to shoot guns so one advantage i have is i can focus better onto the target. does anyone else know how to use advantages to there a.d.d and how do you do it
Old November 9th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #2
Geoform

Default Re: there is some advantages to a.d.d

I've been lucky enough to master my ADD, and I do find there are many advantages.

1) Because I can hyperfocus, I learned to control it, and I can absorb approx. 70% of what I read

2) I'm also very good with air rifles and bows (I've never managed to get my hands on an actual rifle

There ARE more, but if you want to go look at "ADHD" (the book) which has TONS of advice and facts
Old November 10th, 2013, 01:12 PM   #3
The Trendy Wolf
Nice Poster

The Trendy Wolf's Forum Picture

Name: Grant

Well, you could take a look at my thread (It's right below this one) to see how I use my ADHD to my advantage.

Wolves

I try really hard not to be too full of myself
Old December 3rd, 2013, 01:36 AM   #4
Mojofilter

Mojofilter's Forum Picture

Name: Joe

Yeah, I found that with my ADD I can be so interested on one topic that's completely irrelevant, or doing one thing that just occupies all my time. Except those things never include doing school work or homework. Ehhh.. I'm a chronic procrastinator anyways

Old December 3rd, 2013, 01:41 AM   #5
ksdnfkfr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe1112 View Post
i am not a very hyper person i have a.d.d and i love to shoot guns so one advantage i have is i can focus better onto the target. does anyone else know how to use advantages to there a.d.d and how do you do it
I was just thinking about this.
Because I have motor dysfunction I suck
at every sport. But I am a really good marksman.
And I believe that hyper focus is also helping me
with my new hobby of photography.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 09:51 PM   #6
zelda234

Name: Genevra

I have pretty severe ADD - runs in my family. Let me tell you, I can work on projects better than ANYONE I know. If I start an art project at 9:00 pm (whenever the inspiration hits me), I will literally work on it all night without losing focus. The ending product is always great.
I can memorize music a lot more quickly than other people - and remember song lyrics MUCH longer than other people. I can play songs from band class from memory without mistakes, and my classmates are like, "that sounds familiar. Did we play that once?" I'm like, "Yeah. 4 years ago." Definitely an advantage of ADD.
I'm very detail oriented, and can focus on miniscule things without getting impatient/bored/tired... if it sparks my interest.
Super good at video games, have good muscle memory and aim...
Overall, just heightened ability to focus. On stuff I like.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 10:41 PM   #7
Pseudogeek

Pseudogeek's Forum Picture

Name: aj

I'm not so much hyper as fidgety and restless...

But when I want something, I can memorize like crazy, my brain goes so fast that in games that require a good reaction time I am awesome, and if I like something I understand it reaaaaalllly quickly. The downside is that because my brain goes so fast time feels way too slow. A 3-minute song feels like 10 minutes, no joke

Meeting you was like catching my eye on barbed wire, it was painful, let's not do it again.
I'd be a true geek if I could focus for long enough, as for now I'm a mere pseudogeek
14|straight|Tinytown, USA|
Christian
Tumblr
I can finally send PMs!
Old February 6th, 2014, 09:51 PM   #8
shyguy27

I'm an animator and even though ADD makes school DREADFULLY hard, I can hyperfocus and animate for 6-7 hours at a time without breaking focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda234 View Post
I have pretty severe ADD - runs in my family. Let me tell you, I can work on projects better than ANYONE I know. If I start an art project at 9:00 pm (whenever the inspiration hits me), I will literally work on it all night without losing focus. The ending product is always great.
I can memorize music a lot more quickly than other people - and remember song lyrics MUCH longer than other people. I can play songs from band class from memory without mistakes, and my classmates are like, "that sounds familiar. Did we play that once?" I'm like, "Yeah. 4 years ago." Definitely an advantage of ADD.
I'm very detail oriented, and can focus on miniscule things without getting impatient/bored/tired... if it sparks my interest.
Super good at video games, have good muscle memory and aim...
Overall, just heightened ability to focus. On stuff I like.
I didn't know ADD helped with creativity. I'm also able to just sit down and start playing any old song I heard once three years ago, and it makes my music-obsessed friend FURIOUS. He started studying music theory just so he's on my level (I know he's not a very good friend for doing this. I know better than to come to him with my personal problems )

Straight and very supportive of people who aren't sure

Last edited by azure moonstone; February 6th, 2014 at 09:56 PM.
Old February 6th, 2014, 09:55 PM   #9
azure moonstone
glowing

azure moonstone's Forum Picture

Name: Allison

Please do not post in threads with more than two months of inactivity.
Closed Thread