Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old September 28th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #1
Katiya
Nice Poster

Katiya's Forum Picture

Name: Anonymous ...no really...
Question Why do I come across so many banned members?

Well I'm new here and I was just wondering why I keep seeing so many banned members? I read the rules but they don't seam any different than any other forum.

I'm just concerned. Is there something I am missing? I dont want to get my self banned for a silly reason I didn't see.
Or do people just get in a lot of arguments here lol

PS I hope this is the right place to post this. Sorry if its not. I don't see anything on this topic. Though I'm still learning to navigate the site

~I do not try to give advice as much as I do just point out facts as I have found people like to make their own decisions in life, not be told what one is best to make~

Please excuse my typos. I'm usually on my phone and it has issues.
Old September 28th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #2
McAK101
Nice Poster

McAK101's Forum Picture

Default Re: Why do I come across so many banned members?

I often ask myself this too. Some people that I see banned now were avid posters on the forums and they've never broken a rule, in my opinion. I'd like to know as well.

PM me if you want to talk!
"I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said." - William F. Buckley Jr.

100 Posts ~ 6-15-13 | 200 Posts ~ 9-18-13 | 300 Posts ~ 9-27-13 | 400 Posts ~ 10-1-13 | 500 Posts ~ 10-15-13 | 600 Posts ~ 11-4-13
Old September 28th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #3
kylem1229
VT Lover

kylem1229's Forum Picture

Name: Kyle

Just people who asked to be banned, breaking the rules, and disrespecting other users.

Old September 28th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #4
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator

StoppingTime's Forum Picture

Name: Steven

If you see any member who was banned who had a lot of posts and didn't seem to do anything wrong, most likely, one of two things were found out about them:

1. They were a duplicate of a previously banned user or someone who made a duplicate account, meaning they had two active accounts at a time.
2. They were caught camming which calls for an immediate ban, no exceptions.

Mikey was here

Elysium was here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerchan
WILL HOUSING CRISIS CAUSED BY COMMIE HOMOSEXUALIST-ABORTIONIST MARXIST IMMIGRANTS AND WELFARE CHEATS FROM RACIST ANTI-BRITISH EU CAUSE TB RATE FROM VACCINES TO RISE?!
Old September 28th, 2013, 07:32 PM   #5
Katiya
Nice Poster

Katiya's Forum Picture

What's camming?

Why are there so Many? It just seams like a ton are banned? They don't appear to have done anything wrong? What am I missing?

~I do not try to give advice as much as I do just point out facts as I have found people like to make their own decisions in life, not be told what one is best to make~

Old September 28th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #6
DerBear
Retired H&A Mod

DerBear's Forum Picture

Name: Derri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiya View Post
What's camming?

Why are there so Many? It just seams like a ton are banned? They don't appear to have done anything wrong? What am I missing?
Camming is basically sexual acts performed via webcam or picture trading. We ban those people instantly. Solicitation of any kind isn't tolerated on VT.

Also bots/spammers are banned and that can often lead to people being confused as they'll have 0 posts against there name as spam is often deleted.

Retired Help & Advice Mod

If anyone wants to add me on PSN feel free to send me a PM.
Old September 28th, 2013, 08:43 PM   #7
Paraxiom
neophyte ietsist

Paraxiom's Forum Picture

Makes sense, I was wondering the same thing today.
Old September 29th, 2013, 12:29 AM   #8
teen.jpg

teen.jpg's Forum Picture

Name: Jay

It's kind of upsetting to see someone you get used to get banned...
Old September 29th, 2013, 12:39 AM   #9
Allain1996
Nice Poster

Allain1996's Forum Picture

Name: Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles View Post
It's kind of upsetting to see someone you get used to get banned...
Upsetting?....maybe.
I prefer to see it as a sort of wake up call!
It's like "if this guy (it girl) that I knew can get banned, I can too".

***Please don't hesitate to Personal Message (PM) me with any sort of questions!***
Old September 29th, 2013, 02:04 AM   #10
LunarScorpio
Banned

Name: Oz

I know some are also banned because they have joined too early, when they are younger than 13, and then unbanned when they reach 13.

There are so many reasons why people get banned
Old September 29th, 2013, 02:14 AM   #11
ksdnfkfr
Banned

There's sometimes when it seems unfair because the person seemed like such a top notch member. You see it and you're totally shocked. "Why on earth did they ban so-in-so?!" and it feels like some kind of injustice. But of course we don't know what was going on behind the scenes that only the staff sees.
Old September 29th, 2013, 02:28 AM   #12
NeuroTiger
El Tigre

NeuroTiger's Forum Picture

It's not nice when you see people above 500 posts being banned.
They've spent so much time to help here and then get banned.
I know maybe they have misbehaved. But I believe in a second chance.
Even if you message someone and tell him that he's about to be banned, sometimes it happens that they are late to view their inbox.
Old September 29th, 2013, 03:26 AM   #13
Oath
Banned

Name: Cassie

I'm willing to take one for the team for admitting this.

But you can't join if you are older than 18.
You can't join if you are younger than 13.
You can't lie about your age. They will find out.
You can't say any negative things (staff especially) outside of VT, like on youtube, facebook, twitter etc.
You can't egg other members on to hurt or harm themselves. Or agree with them if they call themselves failures or lowlifes.
You cannot post sexually themed, or assumed sexually themed images. Agree to text, call, video chat, or meetup with any underage member on either side for sexual reasons.
You cannot give any threats to VT members

so around that kind of thing. Any thing else I haven't mentioned will probably fall under what I typed.

Please don't delete my post because the other users need to know this. Bullying and defaming are very popular and it's gone down but it still happens.

Last edited by Oath; September 29th, 2013 at 03:31 AM.
Old September 29th, 2013, 05:09 AM   #14
Harry Smith
Ex H&A Mod

Harry Smith's Forum Picture

Name: Harry

Pretty much summed up above, people are banned for the fun of it. It kinda annoys me to have people moaning about people being banned- it's not a case of the staff seeing someone telling someone to 'fuck off' and then banning them. There is system that is used and it's respected.

Just because you haven't seen someone do something against the rules doesn't mean it didn't happen, a lot of stuff happens through the PM system.

People are given warnings, multiple in fact but in regards to camming it's illegal so the staff need to act to protect everyone on the site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerchan View Post
So, you want to invade the middle east to stop the terrorists who want to kill you for invading the middle east?
Old September 29th, 2013, 07:30 AM   #15
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

Name: Natalie

In a sense the point isn't why they were banned because that's between the banned person and staff. All people really need to know is that they've been banned and that it was for a perfectly valid reason. I know it's upsetting but these things can and do happen sometimes. Everyone has already summed up the most common reasons people get banned but as far those who have been banned for no apparent reason go it's best to just let things be because ultimately rumours start going around and that's just not fair on the banned person or any one else that might be hurt from hearing it.

Old September 29th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #16
Wonder.
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oath View Post

You can't lie about your age. They will find out.
You can't say any negative things (staff especially) outside of VT, like on youtube, facebook, twitter etc.
You can't egg other members on to hurt or harm themselves. Or agree with them if they call themselves failures or lowlifes.
You cannot post sexually themed, or assumed sexually themed images. Agree to text, call, video chat, or meetup with any underage member on either side for sexual reasons.

so around that kind of thing. Any thing else I haven't mentioned will probably fall under what I typed.

Please don't delete my post because the other users need to know this. Bullying and defaming are very popular and it's gone down but it still happens.
Actually, you can lie about your age and get away with it. I joined when I was 12. :/ In fact, there was a staff member at one point in time who was banned for being over age. He was active for quite some time. Like, four years or something.

AND you can talk negatively about others on other websites as long as your not saying they should kill themselves or something like that. If you're just casually complaining about VT or a staff member, it's not nice but you're allowed to. Al least, I assume. If you could get banned for just simply saying you don't like a staff member, that'd be pretty messed up.

.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•
Old September 29th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #17
Allain1996
Nice Poster

Allain1996's Forum Picture

Name: Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder. View Post
Actually, you can lie about your age and get away with it. I joined when I was 12.
Way to broadcast to the entire VT community that you started off your time as a member here on a lie.

***Please don't hesitate to Personal Message (PM) me with any sort of questions!***
Old September 29th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #18
Wonder.
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRyan1996 View Post
Way to broadcast to the entire VT community that you started off your time as a member here on a lie.
People who know me already and the people who were staff at the time that I was 13 knew that.

.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•
Old September 29th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #19
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator

StoppingTime's Forum Picture

Name: Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oath View Post

It's actually 19.

Quote:
You won't be banned, rather if the staff find out, you'll simply be frozen until you're 13.

Quote:
It's incredibly rare that we ban someone for something they've said offsite unless the staff deem it extremely inappropriate.

Quote:

I wonder why

Mikey was here

Elysium was here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerchan
WILL HOUSING CRISIS CAUSED BY COMMIE HOMOSEXUALIST-ABORTIONIST MARXIST IMMIGRANTS AND WELFARE CHEATS FROM RACIST ANTI-BRITISH EU CAUSE TB RATE FROM VACCINES TO RISE?!
Old September 29th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #20
Katiya
Nice Poster

Katiya's Forum Picture

Wow this got alot more replies than i thought. I just wanted to know why there were so many banned players. NOT how they got banned. My questions long been answered. I guess this could be locked but idk how to do that. I dont want a mini riot to start here lol.

So ive seen members on here whos age is 23 and 24. They arent banned. It says on the rules you can stay long as you follow them and contribute in a positive way.

Closed Thread