Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 26th, 2008, 11:08 PM   #1
Emryl

Question Could I have ADD/ADHD?

Most likely ADD, I think,

-I go through hyper swings. I'm hyper one moment, the next I'm fine. But this happens only when I'm stimulated by distractions, or someone is in a great mood . They are random though, so it only happens one or two times a week, I guess.
-I'm indecisive
-I forget things instantly! Where I put my pencil, What I was supposed to do 5 minutes, where my piece of notepaper went and so many things that it lowers my grades in school. I even lose my cellphone. Every day.
-I have a short attention span. about 65% of the time, I can have a long attention span. but the other 35% is spacing out.
-I'm very creative. most people with ADD/ADHD can be very creative thinkers, and my art is 3 grades ahead of everyone else in my grade.
-I have good grades and can read well, (Except that memory loss thing I said.)
-Most people cannot understand what I'm saying. I talk too fast and my mom talks slower than I do.
-When I close my eyes when I'm about to fall asleep, I see black and white dots flashing everywhere. It's like when your TV gets disconnected and has all that random black and white specs. I think it's called White Noise?

-Half of my family on my mom's side has ADD/ADHD and half of my friends have ADHD. None with ADD.

What do you think?

Last edited by Emryl; January 26th, 2008 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Forgot something X.x
Emryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 12:22 AM   #2
Kaleidoscope Eyes
VT Lover

Kaleidoscope Eyes's Forum Picture

Name: Jessi
Default Re: Could I have ADD/ADHD?

Have you read the Sticky about ADD/ADHD? It might answer your question. Look at the types of symptoms it lists and compare with your own. Maybe do some internet research too. If you find you have many of the symptoms (like definitely more than half, and they're pretty consistent), talk to your parents about seeing a doctor. We can't provide a diagnosis or prescribe treatment, but a doctor can.

Jessi the Gweat and Tewwible
Do not offend the chair leg of truth. It is wise and terrible.

~Laura was here~
Kaleidoscope Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2008, 11:47 PM   #3
Zephry

Zephry's Forum Picture

Yes i have ah/hd (which is rare in boys) and you show all the signs i do you go to sleep easily?

No more auction house for you, Sparks

Zephry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 01:17 AM   #4
sabin22

Name: sabin

well i had adhd but alot of that is wat i had, u cld have ADHD, took my 5yrs 2 get off it
sabin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 01:52 PM   #5
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

Name: Sam!

Hi Emeryl, that's a priceless pic, btw!

OK, we cannot diagnose you online, and frankly you cannot diagnose yourself, even with internet research and self report check lists. What we can do for you is provide some basic info. And one of the bits of that is that there's a difference between being 'distractable' and having ADHD. Having a few symptoms of a major disorder does not mean you have the disorder, just some symptoms that are associated with it. ADHD is a very definite neurological disorder, the symptoms are caused by a wiring issue. 'Distractablity' can be caused by many things other than that, typically a lack of self discipline (something in short supply during puberty, anyway). Before you jump to a neurological conclusion for understanding your symptoms, it's always best to rule out all the other causes. True ADHD (diagnosed by a lengthy evaluation by a neuropsychologist) is really only present in about 10% of the population. So, 90% of the people with 'distractability' have it for other reasons.
IAMSAM is offline   Reply With Quote