Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2013, 04:55 AM   #1
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)
 
1_21Guns's Forum Picture
 
Name: Natalie
Join Date: May 16, 2009
Location: Hell.
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Default I won't have a cat by the end of the week.

I guess this will sound trivial to most of you, but she's the cat I've had since I was about 6, she's 18 in human years just like me and we decided her birthday would be 1st December (the day after mine) because we got her from a rescue home so not much is known about her history. She has oddly sized ears and a kink in her tail. She has next to no teeth left and she's your average grumpy old cat.
Around 3 years ago she got this lump on her side that would occasionally leak out with this watery substance, but she was still eating so mum decided not to think much of it (we'd have taken her to the vets, but the last time she went to one of those she completely shredded his hands up so for the sake of her stress levels and the vets hands we never took her again). Around 3 years passed and in the last couple of weeks the lump stopped leaking the watery substance, turned hard and started leaking blood instead. Everywhere. I spent an hour cleaning blood off the couch yesterday and it's bled pretty much every day this week. My grandad is calling in the vets tomorrow to explain and see what they say but they want to get her put to sleep on Wednesday.
She's never been the friendliest creature but I still remember the day I got her, standing in the rescue centre with the room full of little cages with these poor cats/kittens in them. Hell I even picked her over a little ginger kitten. She saw everything. She saw what my dad did, she heard it, she came to comfort me, she was always there and it's always been the same surprise when she;s outside my door because she's normally so antisocial. Every time I'm upset she knows and then there she is.
I just don't know how to feel, my family expect me to carry on as normal all week especially Wednesday and go to college because I'm not allowed to go while they put her to sleep but how can I leave the house that morning knowing she won't be there when I get back. I know it's what's best for her but I just.. I wanted to go even though it is horrible because I wanted closure, I wanted to say goodbye and I can't do that because I can't go to college in floods of tears but I know I have to go in.
Animals mean the world to me, they always have. I've always felt more of a connection to animals than any human and in a way I don't know how I'll cope without her little grumpy face around the house. The thought of losing her (we've known for a few months she's not in the best state) used to bring me to tears but now every time I'm alone I'm just in constant floods of tears.
I can't even have an ending to this thread because it just hurts, so here she is:





Oh Charlie you daft old thing.

1_21Guns is offline  
Old September 22nd, 2013, 05:31 AM   #2
Mynick
Awesome Poster
 
Mynick's Forum Picture
 
Name: Eduardo
Join Date: July 9, 2012
Location: When i'm not in Gallifrey i'm in Portugal
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Default Re: I won't have a cat by the end of the week.

She's so cute :3 You have link with her, a really strong link. She was there everytime you were down. Im not going to say: Try not to cry. Because lets be real, when you have such feelings for an animal/people, someone that means the world to you, you just can't avoid it. Just keep in mind that what you are doing its for her best. She's an old cute grumpy cat, but she'll make it. And even thought she's she's not in the best state she'll be still there everytime you need her.

We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?
Mynick is offline  
Old September 22nd, 2013, 05:38 AM   #3
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)
 
1_21Guns's Forum Picture
 
Name: Natalie
Join Date: May 16, 2009
Location: Hell.
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Default Re: I won't have a cat by the end of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynick View Post
She's so cute :3 You have link with her, a really strong link. She was there everytime you were down. Im not going to say: Try not to cry. Because lets be real, when you have such feelings for an animal/people, someone that means the world to you, you just can't avoid it. Just keep in mind that what you are doing its for her best. She's an old cute grumpy cat, but she'll make it. And even thought she's she's not in the best state she'll be still there everytime you need her.
thank you, when I went downstairs and looked at her I just burst into tears but when I came back in my room there she is again on my bed waiting for me so I smiled

1_21Guns is offline  
Old September 22nd, 2013, 05:41 AM   #4
Mynick
Awesome Poster
 
Mynick's Forum Picture
 
Name: Eduardo
Join Date: July 9, 2012
Location: When i'm not in Gallifrey i'm in Portugal
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Default Re: I won't have a cat by the end of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_21Guns View Post
thank you, when I went downstairs and looked at her I just burst into tears but when I came back in my room there she is again on my bed waiting for me so I smiled
She's too grumpy, and loves you too much, to leave you.

We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?
Mynick is offline  
Old September 22nd, 2013, 09:54 AM   #5
candorgen
neophyte ietsist
 
candorgen's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: August 25, 2013
Location: Ireland
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: I won't have a cat by the end of the week.

Enjoy every second you have with her. Life becomes ever more valuable when there's less of it left. 18 years for a cat is a great age. None of mine have ever gone beyond 6 years (death not due to age). One of ours is over 5 years old..... statistically his time is almost up
candorgen is offline  
Old September 22nd, 2013, 02:59 PM   #6
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)
 
1_21Guns's Forum Picture
 
Name: Natalie
Join Date: May 16, 2009
Location: Hell.
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Default Re: I won't have a cat by the end of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContinuingToLive View Post
Enjoy every second you have with her. Life becomes ever more valuable when there's less of it left. 18 years for a cat is a great age. None of mine have ever gone beyond 6 years (death not due to age). One of ours is over 5 years old..... statistically his time is almost up
we honestly don't have any idea how she's lasted so long but she's still here she's stayed close to me a lot today so that's been a lot of comfort to me because I feel like she's telling me it's okay.
Try not to think like that, stay positive he just might be okay

1_21Guns is offline  
Old September 22nd, 2013, 03:17 PM   #7
Castle of Glass
Awesome Poster
 
Castle of Glass's Forum Picture
 
Name: Niilo
Join Date: October 1, 2012
Location: In a parallel universe where everything goes my way
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: I won't have a cat by the end of the week.

love the life out of him now. don't know what else to really say, except this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
We hate the struggle of fighting the urges, but don't quit. suffer now, then live as a champion as you over came your battles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet
What if I just pulled myself together, Would it matter at all, What if I just try not to remember, Would it matter at all
Castle of Glass is offline  
Old September 22nd, 2013, 03:20 PM   #8
Mynick
Awesome Poster
 
Mynick's Forum Picture
 
Name: Eduardo
Join Date: July 9, 2012
Location: When i'm not in Gallifrey i'm in Portugal
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Default Re: I won't have a cat by the end of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle of Glass View Post
love the life out of him now. don't know what else to really say, except this
And this

We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?
Mynick is offline  
Old September 22nd, 2013, 03:30 PM   #9
teen.jpg
626
 
teen.jpg's Forum Picture
 
Name: Jay
Join Date: November 12, 2012
Location: USA
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: I won't have a cat by the end of the week.

I feel sad now because I have a cat and I know that one day this will come :/
teen.jpg is offline  
Old September 22nd, 2013, 03:52 PM   #10
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)
 
1_21Guns's Forum Picture
 
Name: Natalie
Join Date: May 16, 2009
Location: Hell.
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Default Re: I won't have a cat by the end of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle of Glass View Post
love the life out of him now. don't know what else to really say, except this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynick View Post
you guys are the cutest things


Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles View Post
I feel sad now because I have a cat and I know that one day this will come :/
It's sad but it's a part of life, I'm sort of on the way to accepting it now until the day it actually happens, then I might be in a state again :c

1_21Guns is offline  
Old September 22nd, 2013, 04:18 PM   #11
Miri
Nice Poster
 
Miri's Forum Picture
 
Name: Miranda
Join Date: May 19, 2013
Location: Neverland
Gender: Female
Default Re: I won't have a cat by the end of the week.

She's a rescue kitty, and you gave her a second chance at life. You gave her a warm place to live and a safe place to sleep, and all the love in the world, and that's all she could have ever wanted. You allowed her life, and in turn she gave you and your family 18 years of love and memories, and nothing's ever going to be able to replace that.

It's funny how life becomes so much more precious when you know that it's coming to an end. All that she could ever want from you in her last days is the same thing that you've been giving her for her entire life- love.

Congratulations on your life with her, and give that gorgeous kitty a scratch behind the ears for me, will ya?
Miri is offline  
Old September 22nd, 2013, 04:21 PM   #12
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator
 
StoppingTime's Forum Picture
 
Name: Steven
Join Date: July 12, 2011
Location: In Time
Age: 20
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: I won't have a cat by the end of the week.

My cat is around 17 (we also got him from a shelter, he's older than I am), and recently he's also not been in the best of health. I mean there's nothing outright wrong, but he's getting to be very old for a cat, so it's not unlikely he'll be gone within the next year or two.
Honestly every time I think about it, hell even reading this post, I just want to move on to something else because I can't handle it. He's been with me literally since I was born, and he's kind of chosen me as a "favorite" I guess you could say. He's always, literally always been there, so I know exactly what you mean, and how this is anything but trivial.

I think the best way to deal with it is to just let it happen. I mean that sounds simple but I don't think there's a better way. It's what's best for him, and while that's hard to really understand past its literal meaning now, once it happens, it won't be as bad you think. Of course you'll be in a state of just, I don't even know how I'd describe it..it's just like losing someone who's been in your life - something that's always there. The first few days will of course be the worst, as the routine of him will no longer be there. During that time just try and distract yourself in whatever ways you can - I mean you'll know but you won't be constantly dwelling on the fact.

But as time goes on, and I'm saying this with doubt personally, I think you'll just kind of adapt to how it is. It won't be the same, but it won't be like it was immediately after it happened..if that makes any sense. Sorry for the ramblings, but I've just don't even like to think about this even though I know I'll have to eventually.
I hope everything goes alright.

Mikey was here



Elysium was here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerchan
WILL HOUSING CRISIS CAUSED BY COMMIE HOMOSEXUALIST-ABORTIONIST MARXIST IMMIGRANTS AND WELFARE CHEATS FROM RACIST ANTI-BRITISH EU CAUSE TB RATE FROM VACCINES TO RISE?!
StoppingTime is offline  
Old September 22nd, 2013, 04:35 PM   #13
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul
 
Syvelocin's Forum Picture
 
Name: Rith
Join Date: August 2, 2009
Location: The Emerald City, OR
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: I won't have a cat by the end of the week.

I'm so sorry I feel you. My parents decided to give me my cat to help with my depression, and he's everything to me. He too always knew when I was upset. He's anti-social with everyone except with me, he's mummy's little boy. Always following me around, sitting on my office chair when I'm on the computer and sleeping on my stomach when it's time for bed.

You're not allowed to go? Seriously? I don't know your situation honestly, but I wouldn't be putting up with that. I have a friend who's getting her dog cremated so these thoughts have come to me recently and I want to do the same when Misto dies, but some places actually let you watch too. I would want to, even if it's hard. Even with my rats, I stayed with them all night when each died. I made my parents promise to fly me over when the dog dies. He turned thirteen yesterday and has had everything a dog can have it seems, but he's currently got cancer. They cut the tumor out, but they say it could be back in as little as six months.

They're like the best of friends, animals. Always there for you, but they don't ask for much, just love. I personally have trouble because I'm so sensitive to these things that I wonder if pets are even worth it. Like, at least children the odds are in your favour that you get to die before they do. My quality of life is increased threefold at least with my cat, but judging by the severity of my depression phase when my guinea pig died, I'm in for a hell of a time.

Anyway, I hope you cope well. My regards to Charlie. I am both completely understanding and unable to imagine what you're going through.


And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline  
Old September 22nd, 2013, 04:57 PM   #14
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)
 
1_21Guns's Forum Picture
 
Name: Natalie
Join Date: May 16, 2009
Location: Hell.
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Default Re: I won't have a cat by the end of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miri View Post
She's a rescue kitty, and you gave her a second chance at life. You gave her a warm place to live and a safe place to sleep, and all the love in the world, and that's all she could have ever wanted. You allowed her life, and in turn she gave you and your family 18 years of love and memories, and nothing's ever going to be able to replace that.

It's funny how life becomes so much more precious when you know that it's coming to an end. All that she could ever want from you in her last days is the same thing that you've been giving her for her entire life- love.

Congratulations on your life with her, and give that gorgeous kitty a scratch behind the ears for me, will ya?
Thank you Miranda, that helped a lot honestly. With the way she's been after she saw me crying this morning I think she's trying to tell me it's okay and that I did good, and of course I will


Quote:
Originally Posted by StoppingTime View Post
My cat is around 17 (we also got him from a shelter, he's older than I am), and recently he's also not been in the best of health. I mean there's nothing outright wrong, but he's getting to be very old for a cat, so it's not unlikely he'll be gone within the next year or two.
Honestly every time I think about it, hell even reading this post, I just want to move on to something else because I can't handle it. He's been with me literally since I was born, and he's kind of chosen me as a "favorite" I guess you could say. He's always, literally always been there, so I know exactly what you mean, and how this is anything but trivial.

I think the best way to deal with it is to just let it happen. I mean that sounds simple but I don't think there's a better way. It's what's best for him, and while that's hard to really understand past its literal meaning now, once it happens, it won't be as bad you think. Of course you'll be in a state of just, I don't even know how I'd describe it..it's just like losing someone who's been in your life - something that's always there. The first few days will of course be the worst, as the routine of him will no longer be there. During that time just try and distract yourself in whatever ways you can - I mean you'll know but you won't be constantly dwelling on the fact.

But as time goes on, and I'm saying this with doubt personally, I think you'll just kind of adapt to how it is. It won't be the same, but it won't be like it was immediately after it happened..if that makes any sense. Sorry for the ramblings, but I've just don't even like to think about this even though I know I'll have to eventually.
I hope everything goes alright.
Thank you Steven I just know it's gonna be so hard to leave the house on Wednesday morning because when I get back she won't be there and I honestly don't know how to deal with that, I don't know how I will deal with that. At the moment I've been able to look at it as just letting it happen but on Wednesday.. eek. I wouldn't even want to be around myself let alone go to college and have other people around me. Thinking about it a couple of months ago was dreadful and now it's just.. there... thank you though honestly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvelocin View Post
I'm so sorry I feel you. My parents decided to give me my cat to help with my depression, and he's everything to me. He too always knew when I was upset. He's anti-social with everyone except with me, he's mummy's little boy. Always following me around, sitting on my office chair when I'm on the computer and sleeping on my stomach when it's time for bed.

You're not allowed to go? Seriously? I don't know your situation honestly, but I wouldn't be putting up with that. I have a friend who's getting her dog cremated so these thoughts have come to me recently and I want to do the same when Misto dies, but some places actually let you watch too. I would want to, even if it's hard. Even with my rats, I stayed with them all night when each died. I made my parents promise to fly me over when the dog dies. He turned thirteen yesterday and has had everything a dog can have it seems, but he's currently got cancer. They cut the tumor out, but they say it could be back in as little as six months.

They're like the best of friends, animals. Always there for you, but they don't ask for much, just love. I personally have trouble because I'm so sensitive to these things that I wonder if pets are even worth it. Like, at least children the odds are in your favour that you get to die before they do. My quality of life is increased threefold at least with my cat, but judging by the severity of my depression phase when my guinea pig died, I'm in for a hell of a time.

Anyway, I hope you cope well. My regards to Charlie. I am both completely understanding and unable to imagine what you're going through.
Thank you Rith I was really annoyed when they were like "oh you won't want to go it's horrible" well yeah.. but I don't think I'll make it into college that day anyway so I don't know what's worse. I was a wreck when my mice died and I'd only had those a couple of years so hell only knows how I'll take this

Thank you again guys, you made me feel a lot better

1_21Guns is offline  
Old September 22nd, 2013, 08:39 PM   #15
Croconaw
Water Type
 
Croconaw's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: May 2, 2013
Location: Arizona
Age: 20
Gender: Cisgender Female
Blog Entries: 4
Default Re: I won't have a cat by the end of the week.

Awww that's such a cute cat. I'm sorry.

Croconaw is offline  
Old September 23rd, 2013, 02:12 PM   #16
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)
 
1_21Guns's Forum Picture
 
Name: Natalie
Join Date: May 16, 2009
Location: Hell.
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Default Re: I won't have a cat by the end of the week.

UPDATE:
Upon some discussion with my family I may be able to go in while they do it as someone has to get her into the cat box and that's happened to be me. I'm going to be sad either way and I think I would prefer to be there because I'm hoping you're allowed to touch them while they do it so I could stroke her behind her ears and relax her so she won't be as much trouble for the vet. I sort of feel like I want to be there if only to support her because I know vets are very distressing for her and I'd hate to make her go through it without me after she's been through so much with me. I'm hoping I get to go in but I'm not sure if my grandparents just want to drop her off, which I didn't even think you could do but there you go. I told my college tutor today and she explained a similar problem she'd had with her dogs and that she didn't want to go because it'd be the last thing she saw but in my case the last thing I'll see is her being in a cat box in the vets anyway so I'm not cutting any corners there. Here's hoping, I'm trying to be strong for her, because I know she's being strong for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feraligatr View Post
Awww that's such a cute cat. I'm sorry.
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgarr View Post
PERHAPS some resolution.

u can in theory ask a human doctor and consult with animal doctor to pump Her with glucose infusion. N2O might be given first in a correct dose through breathing to make Her feel more confortable before the surgery. It might also be used for mild anesthesia.

She can live on glucose infusion, and some stuff afterwards, and some amino acids administered too with some vitamins and anabolizm boosters. She can have the thing removed from Her wich caused the infection. antibiotics and in vitro cultured T cells of Her might be used in conjunction to clear off Her body from infections.

She might be kept at the hospitall Till She recovers.


I had 2 little cats and also some infants died because of bad medical standards in my country (at least very bad vet standards). I have felt horrible on and off when i have lost my poor kittens (but there is no sense to feel horrible).
She's very old and far beyond repair, I don't think we could even afford to try and make her better, and I doubt they would with her age, thank you though.

1_21Guns is offline  
Old September 23rd, 2013, 02:17 PM   #17
Mynick
Awesome Poster
 
Mynick's Forum Picture
 
Name: Eduardo
Join Date: July 9, 2012
Location: When i'm not in Gallifrey i'm in Portugal
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Default Re: I won't have a cat by the end of the week.

Best of luck Nat, hope they allow you to go in!

We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?
Mynick is offline  
Old September 23rd, 2013, 03:34 PM   #18
Luminous
Legendary Member
 
Luminous's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: July 21, 2013
Location: USA
Gender: Cisgender Female
Default Re: I won't have a cat by the end of the week.

Oh my god, I feel you so much. I have 3 cats that mean the world to me. For several weeks my 9 year old went missing just recently. It was one of the most horrible feelings, not knowing where she was. We are extremely lucky to have her back safe, and I can't begin to imagine what it would have been like if she hadn't survived.
18 years is a very long life for a cat. You are extremely fortunate that she lived that long. You can treasure every moment you had with her. Take lots and lots of pictures of her in these next few days. It's going to be really, really, really tough to get through this. Try and remember her fondly instead of missing her. I know a family who bury their dead cats (they always have 2-4 cats, and in the past, idk, 10 years, multiple cats have died) in their yard. That might not be too helpful though since you're going away. Some people look at this idea as creepy but another idea is to cremate her and keep her ashes with you. She will always be a part of your life and childhood.

val
Luminous is offline  
Old September 23rd, 2013, 04:06 PM   #19
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)
 
1_21Guns's Forum Picture
 
Name: Natalie
Join Date: May 16, 2009
Location: Hell.
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Default Re: I won't have a cat by the end of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgarr View Post
I disagree. She might seem to be beyond repair, but it might only be due to a raging inflammation also caused by the same thing causing the leaking. what i was talking about is possible and perhaps affordable (in theory it should be thinking about energy needed to produce stuff).
the procedure sorta described would bypass currently perhaps inefficient digestive system.
So She might survive even in good health perhaps for a few years, or i dont know.
Ask someone at a university about it. If it doesnt work out She might be killed without pain, She had 1 week or 3 weeks wasted (painkillers and happy-drugs can be administered along this time).
She can also eat food not recquiring known sentients to be killed.
She is 18 years old, do you have any idea what the life expectancy is of a cat? She is already past that by a couple of years. They will not treat any animal of that age especially if it would involve anaesthetic. My family have had pets of various types for years, they do not operate on old animals which may not be able to withstand the treatment. It is cruel to keep her alive when she is clearly suffering and nothing more. Why on earth would I want to keep her going another couple of years just to go through this again. This isn't a debate about whether or not she could be kept alive, this is my cat that is going to die in two days, please do not insult me and my cat by turning this into a medical debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXPrincessXx View Post
Oh my god, I feel you so much. I have 3 cats that mean the world to me. For several weeks my 9 year old went missing just recently. It was one of the most horrible feelings, not knowing where she was. We are extremely lucky to have her back safe, and I can't begin to imagine what it would have been like if she hadn't survived.
18 years is a very long life for a cat. You are extremely fortunate that she lived that long. You can treasure every moment you had with her. Take lots and lots of pictures of her in these next few days. It's going to be really, really, really tough to get through this. Try and remember her fondly instead of missing her. I know a family who bury their dead cats (they always have 2-4 cats, and in the past, idk, 10 years, multiple cats have died) in their yard. That might not be too helpful though since you're going away. Some people look at this idea as creepy but another idea is to cremate her and keep her ashes with you. She will always be a part of your life and childhood.
I have plenty of pictures so I'm glad about that we won't be keeping her remains though although I can't say I mind too much, a picture in a frame will serve enough purpose for me. We'd have her buried but she's probably riddled with things that shouldn't mix with the ground. Thank you love

1_21Guns is offline  
Old September 23rd, 2013, 04:07 PM   #20
Luminous
Legendary Member
 
Luminous's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: July 21, 2013
Location: USA
Gender: Cisgender Female
Default Re: I won't have a cat by the end of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_21Guns View Post
I have plenty of pictures so I'm glad about that we won't be keeping her remains though although I can't say I mind too much, a picture in a frame will serve enough purpose for me. We'd have her buried but she's probably riddled with things that shouldn't mix with the ground. Thank you love
You are very welcome, message me any time

val
Luminous is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org