Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:03 AM   #1
Extreme586
Member+

Extreme586's Forum Picture

Default For those of who you have recovered?

For those of you who have recovered from depression and/or suicide attempts and got help, what would you say to someone who came up to you randomly and told you they were going through the same thing. If you could help them, how would you?

“Success is falling nine times and getting up ten.”
“Don't get too comfortable with who you are at any given time - you may miss the opportunity to become who you want to be.”

-Jon Bon Jovi
Extreme586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:33 AM   #2
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith
Default Re: For those of who you have recovered?

"I wouldn't say a single word to them. I would listen to what they have to say, and that's what no one did." - Marilyn Manson

I'd have a ton to say, but basically that. I would invite her over, give her a big cup of tea, and just listen. Hug him so tightly and tell him he is loved. You are so strong to get this far, keep fighting. I don't care who you are, how long you've been in this place, but there's an end to the nightmare eventually. Some of us just have longer tunnels than others.

I won't be 'recovering' from depression any time soon, but I am increasingly better at coping with both my mania and my depression. It's been at least a year since I last cut myself (can't even remember anymore), haven't wanted to kill myself in four years, gained ten pounds, etc. For all intents and purposes, I call myself recovered. The ED still has a bit of work though.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.

Last edited by Syvelocin; September 22nd, 2013 at 12:37 AM.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote