Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > Puberty 101 > Puberty101 Archive
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 23rd, 2008, 03:14 PM   #1
Darkspy21

Default Red Bumps (Ingrown Hairs) Will not go away!

As the title says, I can not get these red bumps to go away, is there any product that most people would have at home
that i can rub on it to make them go away. If i go over a razor with them, they start to bleed because I cut them.
My friend said to use tweezers to pull the hair out, but I doubt that works. I just want a cream or something that I
would have at home that I can rub on them to make them go away. please help!
Old January 23rd, 2008, 03:29 PM   #2
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Name: Stephen
Default Re: Red Bumps (Ingrown Hairs) Will not go away!

the only way mine have gone away is by letting the hair grow and just trimming it rather then shaving. i'm not aware of any cream or anything else that would get rid of them.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

#everymoment

~Laura was here~
~Jessi should have been here~
Old January 23rd, 2008, 03:34 PM   #3
Kaleidoscope Eyes
VT Lover

Kaleidoscope Eyes's Forum Picture

Name: Jessi

there's a cream called Bikini Zone designed to help reduce shaving irritation. I don't know where your red bumps are, if they're on your legs or your underarms or your face or your "downstairs", but this stuff is especially good for sensitive skin. Some advice is to hold a warm (not hot) washcloth on the area for a few minutes then gently squeeze the bump sort of like a pimple. It'll pop sort of and you can work the hair out of the skin quite easily, either with your fingers or actually tweezers do work well enough once you have access to the hair. If that's not working relatively quickly, leave it alone, no need to make yourself bleed. Try to rub some lotion on it, the rubbing motion helps encourage the hair to grow back out in a normal direction, and helps keep other nearby hairs from becoming ingrown as well. if this happens a lot you may just want to do the lotion thing after every time you shave. Plus, it'll give you soft skin which is always a bonus.

Jessi the Gweat and Tewwible
Do not offend the chair leg of truth. It is wise and terrible.

~Laura was here~
Old January 23rd, 2008, 04:29 PM   #4
RaisingSand
Awesome Poster

Name: Lauren.

You could use that, or go to your local pharmacy and get some Hydrocortisone (1%), that's normally what I'd recommend for most skin irritations.

~~ LAUREN ~~

A word is just a word, until you mean what you say. And love isn't love until you give it away ... shine a light, send it on.
Old January 24th, 2008, 10:37 AM   #5
chris__robin
Member+

chris__robin's Forum Picture

Name: Chris

ooh i dont get why guys shave ... but oh well.
make sure you're not using a blunt razor and using shaving cream ... you should moisturise the area after you shave for a few days after doing it, but i think its hard to avoid the red spots after shaving sensitive areas.
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:52 AM   #6
Kaleidoscope Eyes
VT Lover

Kaleidoscope Eyes's Forum Picture

Name: Jessi

Well Brian, if you're gonna shave that area you have to commit to it. Thats what the problem is for most people, they expect the skin to be baby smooth and to have no worries from there on out. You need to trim the hair before shaving it, if it's fully grown in and all long-ish. About 1/4 of an inch is about the longest it should be to get good results. The longer hair just tends to dull the blade faster which is annoying. It's also good if you can take a bath or just direct the shower head to spray on the area for a few minutes. This softens the hair and makes it easier to shave.
The truth is with shaving, it takes a while for the skin to get used to the irritation. For the first few weeks I recommend shaving only in the direction the hair grows, whether it's perfect or not, and shaving every other day, keep it up. Moisturize well every day, and be very careful not to put too much pressure on the razor or you'll cut yourself up pretty well. And NEVER use the same razor you use for your face, legs, whatever, unless it's one of those electric ones that's always sharp. Use a different one, and only use it maybe 3 or 4 times and then toss it. Pubic hair is coarser, and it dulls the blade quickly. A dull blade is more likely to cut you, believe it or not, and that won't be fun. After a few weeks, your skin should be adjusting fairly well, and if you want, after you shave in the direction the hair grows you can GENTLY (I can't emphasize enough the importance of that word) shave against the grain. If it hurts to go against the grain, move to a different spot or just don't do it. And then it'll take another two or three weeks maybe for your skin to adjust to this. I've been shaving for who knows how long, maybe a year at this point, which sounds like a long time, but be assured that by now my skin is totally used to it, and has been used to it for some time. I don't even have to moisturize every time if I don't feel like it, haha.

So now that you know more than you wanted to know about the proper pube-shaving technique, I'll be off.

Jessi the Gweat and Tewwible
Do not offend the chair leg of truth. It is wise and terrible.

~Laura was here~
Old January 25th, 2008, 06:52 AM   #7
ArtistInNeed
Member++

ArtistInNeed's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

after u shave and ur out of the shower, put lemon juice on it, itll burn the first few times but it prevents the red bumps.

I wish everything could be wonderful again.