Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 29th, 2017, 06:30 PM   #1
Emily_

Name: Emily
Default I just want to let it out..

So recently I've been really depressed and upset because things aren't going to well. I do have people to talk to about my depression but sometimes I just can't because they don't reply or I think I'll upset them..ALOT.

I've self harmed a lot recently because everyone just seems mad at me and I just feel like shit because I don't have the guts to say what I want to do or what I want. So if I get in a fight, and I am right, I'll just accept being shouted at and self harm later. Yes I do get really upset, but its gotten to the point were I just let people hurt me.

Sometimes I get into a fight with my boyfriend or family, they do say "omg I'm so sorry, I didn't mean that", later, but it still hurt me. I love you so much, I show you so much love, yet they repay me like this.

This might sound like I'm only thinking about myself but I think it's time I do. Please give me advice on what I should do...
Emily_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2017, 02:52 PM   #2
Dying Ember
Member++

Name: Maya
Default Re: I just want to let it out..

Sometimes you do just need to think of yourself, what's going on for you and what's going to be the best hing for you. I can't promise i'm always going to answer or have good advice but you can speak to me if you need to let something out

~Dying Ember
Dying Ember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2017, 10:06 AM   #3
pauly

Name: paul

I think you should open up to someone close to you that you trust. It could be a special friend or a member of your family. Don't try to shoulder all the pain on your own. And each time you want to hurt yourself, I think you should try to think of all the good and positive things which are going on in your life.
Good luck and be strong,
Paul
pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2017, 03:14 PM   #4
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

You somehow need to find a way to love yourself. You need to be happy with who and what you are. There is no easy way out of depression. Have you seen a doctor about your depression? Medication doesn't solve all the problems but it helps you feel more normal and accept your life and environment around you. It has sure helped me.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2017, 05:00 AM   #5
Chaosphere
Member++

Chaosphere's Forum Picture

Name: Alex
Location: Probably somewhere haunted or a secluded mountain path somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily_ View Post
So recently I've been really depressed and upset because things aren't going to well. I do have people to talk to about my depression but sometimes I just can't because they don't reply or I think I'll upset them..ALOT.

I've self harmed a lot recently because everyone just seems mad at me and I just feel like shit because I don't have the guts to say what I want to do or what I want. So if I get in a fight, and I am right, I'll just accept being shouted at and self harm later. Yes I do get really upset, but its gotten to the point were I just let people hurt me.

Sometimes I get into a fight with my boyfriend or family, they do say "omg I'm so sorry, I didn't mean that", later, but it still hurt me. I love you so much, I show you so much love, yet they repay me like this.

This might sound like I'm only thinking about myself but I think it's time I do. Please give me advice on what I should do...
I suffer from a lot of the same things, I understand where you're coming from if you want to talk sometime. Otherwise, yes, it's time to think of yourself and your needs first. It's good that you have people to talk to to some extent. It's one of the hardest parts of trying to get out of depression because people like us just can't find the energy to stand up for ourselves. I know my parents just refused to believe I had something wrong and now that they know, they're afraid of me getting medication I probably need tbh. Regardless of all the BS, you have to stand up for yourself and take the treatment and compassion you deserve. You've suffered enough and hurt yourself enough, force yourself out of your comfort zone and talk to a counselor, nurse, or teacher if you can't find anyone else. Preferably a doctor if one's available.

17, Male, Nudist, Depression and Panic Disorder. Always trying to help others out with some things I've learned along the way. Feel free to ask me anything.
Chaosphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 10:40 PM   #6
InDarkerLight

InDarkerLight's Forum Picture

Name: McKinley Kay

First, I feel like you just need to be more forgiving or at least try your best not to argue with others. Also, when I do self-harm, many times it's because I think I'm right (and am right most of the time) and I lose an argument. I just accept that they won't listen and cut once or twice in my bathroom. I think the best way to avoid this is to avoid arguments in general. If it's your friends and family that start the argument, then either take it to them (and just state it and walk away, no arguments.) or avoid them. That's my best advice.
InDarkerLight is offline   Reply With Quote