Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [1]

Old August 27th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #1
The Trendy Wolf
Nice Poster

The Trendy Wolf's Forum Picture

Name: Grant
Default Why I love having ADHD

There are many reasons why I love having ADHD, but i love it mainly because it makes me different. I don't like to be the average teen, especially since the way most teens act nowadays is atrocious! I take medication for my ADHD and it makes me... Different I am a good student and I will be a freshman this year in high school. I will be taking IB classes (Which is a step above AAP/honors classes) plus i will be taking Algebra 2, and I absolutely adore chemistry and any and all sciences. I like having ADHD because it's like having two different lives, giving me two different perspectives on life, and it is very helpful to me. I have my nicer, quieter, and more intellectual side of me when I take my medication. Then I have the social, energetic, and funny side when I'm off my medication.

I feel like the only one in the world who loves having ADHD, and I'm hoping someone will agree with me once I finish posting this.
Have a nice day everyone with ADD/ADHD!

Wolves

I try really hard not to be too full of myself

Last edited by The Trendy Wolf; August 28th, 2013 at 07:45 AM.
The Trendy Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #2
Drag0nite

Drag0nite's Forum Picture

Name: Kohl
Default Re: Why I love having ADHD

Wow this actually made me look at a new perspective for having ADD I give you props to that. Day 100% better

The world may have created me, but it will never enslave me! This cannot be my destiny

18/str8/ love making friends pm me some time
Drag0nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #3
The Trendy Wolf
Nice Poster

Thanks, I appreciate you commenting, and I'm glad that I could change the mind of someone who feels like they "suffer" from ADHD.

Wolves

Old September 16th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #4
TimCox

TimCox's Forum Picture

Name: Timothy

Interesting perspective
TimCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2013, 07:17 PM   #5
XENON

Name: Xen, let's say..

I'm really glad there's someone with such a POSITIVE perspective on the subject.
This post is just too AMAZING, it made my night
XENON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2013, 02:12 PM   #6
JoobinTwist

Why take the meds, that's horrible imo, people wanting you to take meds to change your behavior. And I call bs on ashd for most people a doctor tests you before your 5 or what ever just by talking to u and says if u have ashd or not lol... Of course a little kid will be kinda hyper or what ecer. I quit mine and I'm happy
JoobinTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2013, 06:45 PM   #7
The Trendy Wolf
Nice Poster

Wink Re: Why I love having ADHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoobinTwist View Post
Why take the meds, that's horrible imo, people wanting you to take meds to change your behavior. And I call bs on ashd for most people a doctor tests you before your 5 or what ever just by talking to u and says if u have ashd or not lol... Of course a little kid will be kinda hyper or what ecer. I quit mine and I'm happy
I wouldn't be where I am today if I didn't take the medication. I have a very severe case of ADHD, and you sound like you have a much less severe diagnosis. Trust me, I HAVE ADHD! My mood wouldn't change as drastically as it does after the medication wears off if I didn't have ADHD. I wouldn't be the bright and intelligent person that I am today if it wasn't for my medication. I'm smart, I can tell when I have a problem better than anyone else can determine. All cases are different and yes, some children aren't correctly diagnosed, but certainly the majority of those kids DO in fact have ADHD. Don't draw conclusions purely from your own experiences. Open your mind to other peoples' stories because not everyone is going to be like you.

Edit: And by the way, I choose to take the medication. Nobody is forcing me to take it. I know what's best for me, and I don't need people telling me otherwise.

Wolves

Old November 2nd, 2013, 12:49 AM   #8
Katiya
Nice Poster

Katiya's Forum Picture

Name: Anonymous ...no really...

I'mglad you have such luck with your meds! Many do not.

I've never been tested for this but I'm an extremely energetic person, if the subject isn't interesting I've forgotten the whole lecture before it started.lol. I don't think I have it, but as a kid people would force me to take meds for it to "lower my energy" and it never worked except for making me down right I'll and vomiting and sleeping all day. I believe I'm just an active person. My school just didn't like me because I wasn't "girly" enough. I'd run and climb on things and I'd win every race, I beat the fastest boy in my grade every year of elementary. The other girls just sat on their asses all day and now almost all of them are very fat. I hate that people tryed to turn me into an "Average girl".

I to like being different! But in my way, I can take interests in all sorts of things and am extremely athletic and successful at my hobbies.

~I do not try to give advice as much as I do just point out facts as I have found people like to make their own decisions in life, not be told what one is best to make~

Please excuse my typos. I'm usually on my phone and it has issues.
Katiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #9
JoobinTwist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Literate View Post
I wouldn't be where I am today if I didn't take the medication. I have a very severe case of ADHD, and you sound like you have a much less severe diagnosis. Trust me, I HAVE ADHD! My mood wouldn't change as drastically as it does after the medication wears off if I didn't have ADHD. I wouldn't be the bright and intelligent person that I am today if it wasn't for my medication. I'm smart, I can tell when I have a problem better than anyone else can determine. All cases are different and yes, some children aren't correctly diagnosed, but certainly the majority of those kids DO in fact have ADHD. Don't draw conclusions purely from your own experiences. Open your mind to other peoples' stories because not everyone is going to be like you.

Edit: And by the way, I choose to take the medication. Nobody is forcing me to take it. I know what's best for me, and I don't need people telling me otherwise.
Well I base it off of fact and statistics. Stop being so arrogant also lol intelligence=/= book smarts.
JoobinTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #10
Pseudogeek

Pseudogeek's Forum Picture

Name: aj

My mother always tells me that I'm good with mechanical type things and seeing how things work, I've always been able to make stuff fairly decently without putting tons of effort in. I'm also apparently pretty darn creative. And I'm always making these connections that no one else does.

My grades have definitely slipped though, I've never been good at tracking assignments and remembering to study for quizzes, but they were easier quizzes and fewer assignments before. I'm generally a good student, but stuff gets in the way... I had a workbook for something, and I started writing a scene, got distracted and stopped midsentence.

Meeting you was like catching my eye on barbed wire, it was painful, let's not do it again.
I'd be a true geek if I could focus for long enough, as for now I'm a mere pseudogeek
14|straight|Tinytown, USA|
Christian
Tumblr
I can finally send PMs!
Pseudogeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #11
othees
Junior Member+

Name: Eddy

I kind of recall most people having it or thinking they had it in school.
othees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #12
The Trendy Wolf
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoobinTwist View Post
Well I base it off of fact and statistics. Stop being so arrogant also lol intelligence=/= book smarts.
I certainly wasn't acting arrogant, and I have already realized that intelligence doesn't necessarily lead to good grades. Using Einstein as an example, he had failed math when he was in school.

I absolutely hate being labeled as "arrogant" as I certainly, positively do not want to act as such. I think philosophically, and I do not, in any way, pertain to such acts of arrogance with any means with prior intent to do so.

Wolves

Old November 21st, 2013, 04:22 PM   #13
Living For Love

Living For Love's Forum Picture

Name: Tiago

I really appreciate the way you turn something most people would consider a disease hard to deal with into something you actually enjoy having. I wish I had also the abiliity to always look things on the bright side...

Tiago | ♂ | 20 | PM | VM | Ask Me | Lonely Hearts Club

Help and Advice Moderator

~Mike was here~
Living For Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2014, 10:05 PM   #14
Hallie

Name: Hallie

You just put a totally new spin on things--I never really looked at ADHD that way. I always saw it as a problem. That you for introducing me to a whole new perspective
Hallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 10:43 PM   #15
SwegMachine

SwegMachine's Forum Picture

Hi ask me about my ADD or breakfast hey I had oatmeal with apple in it I like apples do u apples are cool lolwat? I told u to ask about my ADD lol oh yeah. Hmm thas weird I don't forget things like that lol *Cue the digressions*

"The grass on the other side of the fence is always greener, so start takin' good care of your lawn."
SwegMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 10:16 PM   #16
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Literate View Post

Absolutely agree with you. I've been fighting without the medication for so long, I think I might need to go on it. I literally can't function, and instead of making my mom want to help me, it just makes her tell me how useless and worthless I am, and how irresponsible and terrible of a kid I am.

ADHD has helped me with getting through some art projects in the past. I was so absorbed with art that I would churn out all sorts of things. It's also helped me to understand and be more compassionate to kids.

I'd like to control my ADHD more, because it's really hurting me right now, but you're right, it does have upsides as well. Thanks for this.

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 10:36 PM   #17
Feraligatr
Water Type

Feraligatr's Forum Picture

I love having it, too.
Feraligatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2014, 09:53 AM   #18
backjruton
Awesome Poster

backjruton's Forum Picture

Name: JACK

Haha. I don't like what I have because I know I've been diagnosed with something on the area of the autistic spectrum but my mum hasn't told me exactly where I am. All she's ever told me I'd I have "autistic spectrum disorder", is just having this even possible? I want too know but don't really want to ask her...is it Aspergers, high functioning autism, ADD, ADHD or...?

This Is the question I'm faced with in my head very often and I can't learn more about myself until I know for sure :L I'm unmedicated though and seem to be doing perfectly fine except for what I think is my very low pain threshold, if someone can explain this to me too
backjruton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2014, 06:08 AM   #19
Lovecraft
Junior Member+

Lovecraft's Forum Picture

Name: Catharine

I'm glad that you have such a positive way of looking at what is typically seen as negative. If you don't mind me asking, what meds are you taking? I'm on Concerta (aka. Ritalin) but I mostly just take it for fun, because it doesn't make me a robot at all, it makes me feel this sense of euphoria in which everything is fascinating for me. I take it when I want to spend three hours on a bus writing about people.
Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2014, 06:58 AM   #20
Bmble_B
Nice Poster

Bmble_B's Forum Picture

Name: Changed my mind

Whats funny is that I naturally have those 2 sides. Without medication or ADHD. I can be quiet, reserved, and nice. Then I can be energetic, social, funny, etc. :p

I wonder what the world would be like without cellphones.

Let's Dance In The Rain.

I'm Different :3
Bmble_B is offline   Reply With Quote