Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #1
katiebearr
Junior Member+
 
katiebearr's Forum Picture
 
Name: Kate
Join Date: June 17, 2013
Location: NZ
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 2
Unhappy Issues with food.

Lately I have been extremely uncomfortable with eating anything unless it's under 200 calories. If it's anything more I feel the need to punish myself. I've been trying to eat normally but I panic every time I see food. I want to devour it all, but when I do eat what I want to I feel disgusting and sick and huge.

This doesn't make a lot of sense but I think I have a problem.
I record everything I eat daily unless I binge because I am terrified of knowing the calorie count.

I am a kawaii princess
katiebearr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #2
Miserabilia
Our Bipolar Friends
 
Miserabilia's Forum Picture
 
Name: dan/johnny foreigner/cheesee
Join Date: June 1, 2013
Location: my house basicly
Age: 18
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: Issues with food.

It sounds like you are seriously developing or having an eating disorder.

shout at the world because the world doesn't love you

lower yourself because you know that you have to.
Miserabilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #3
katiebearr
Junior Member+
 
katiebearr's Forum Picture
 
Name: Kate
Join Date: June 17, 2013
Location: NZ
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Issues with food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesee View Post
It sounds like you are seriously developing or having an eating disorder.
I seriously don't know what to do.

I am a kawaii princess
katiebearr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #4
Miserabilia
Our Bipolar Friends
 
Miserabilia's Forum Picture
 
Name: dan/johnny foreigner/cheesee
Join Date: June 1, 2013
Location: my house basicly
Age: 18
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: Issues with food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebearr View Post
I seriously don't know what to do.
Thats what the website is for
You can always ask for help here. just try to stop what you are doing.
Seek help for eating.
Dont loose weight if you are at a healthy weight.

shout at the world because the world doesn't love you

lower yourself because you know that you have to.
Miserabilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2013, 04:57 PM   #5
katiebearr
Junior Member+
 
katiebearr's Forum Picture
 
Name: Kate
Join Date: June 17, 2013
Location: NZ
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Issues with food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesee View Post
Thats what the website is for
You can always ask for help here. just try to stop what you are doing.
Seek help for eating.
Dont loose weight if you are at a healthy weight.
I can't get help. I refuse to go into therapy again. It was horrible and I felt worse for it.
I am not at a healthy weight. I am above a healthy weight.

I am a kawaii princess
katiebearr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2013, 04:59 PM   #6
Miserabilia
Our Bipolar Friends
 
Miserabilia's Forum Picture
 
Name: dan/johnny foreigner/cheesee
Join Date: June 1, 2013
Location: my house basicly
Age: 18
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: Issues with food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebearr View Post
I can't get help. I refuse to go into therapy again. It was horrible and I felt worse for it.
I am not at a healthy weight. I am above a healthy weight.
Then you can slowly try to loose weight the healthy way, starving your body isjust harming it and wont get you anywhere.

):

I really suggest you to keep a healthy eating diary or something, so you eat healthy but dont starve yourself or eat to little calories?

shout at the world because the world doesn't love you

lower yourself because you know that you have to.
Miserabilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #7
katiebearr
Junior Member+
 
katiebearr's Forum Picture
 
Name: Kate
Join Date: June 17, 2013
Location: NZ
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Issues with food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesee View Post
Then you can slowly try to loose weight the healthy way, starving your body isjust harming it and wont get you anywhere.

):

I really suggest you to keep a healthy eating diary or something, so you eat healthy but dont starve yourself or eat to little calories?
I use myfitnesspal and try to eat 900 calories a day.
I weigh 150lbs. It's too much.

I am a kawaii princess
katiebearr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #8
lightPainting
Member++
 
lightPainting's Forum Picture
 
Name: Ricardo
Join Date: January 3, 2013
Location: California
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: Issues with food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebearr View Post
I use myfitnesspal and try to eat 900 calories a day.
I weigh 150lbs. It's too much.
you are thinking this all wrong. 1st of all calories are a unite of energy. 1 calorie is the amount of heat need to raise water 1 degree C. but eating 500 calories of fruit will give you way more energy than 1,000 calories of cookies. why is this? well it's because fruit is easily digestible and has natural sugar (unlike the process kind you will every where else) what you need to do is eat cleaner. eat more fresh ripe fruits and don't be scared of the calories. If you don't believe me, Google about health benefits from an apple or a lemon or an orange.
lightPainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #9
TheSpiceMustFlow
New Member
 
TheSpiceMustFlow's Forum Picture
 
Name: Colby
Join Date: June 26, 2013
Location: Southern Maine
Gender: Male
Default Re: Issues with food.

I would not even say 150LBS is THAT bad. Although it is fair say you could go down 30 pounds or so, strictly from a medical point of view. Besides, just watching calories wont do it, losing weight can be complicated.

Although that is not even a problem compared to the fact that it really does seem to be that you are developing an eating disorder. You said that you could not go to therapy. Have you tried talking to your parents about this? Assuming they will respect your wish to not go to another therapist? If not, maybe someone else you know? If not, someone or a group on here? This is a very helpful community from what i have seen so far.

Never let this cruel world defeat your spirit
Never lose faith in yourself and for a better future
Never stop fighting for your beliefs
Always search for the real truth
WESTERN BROTHERHOOD: Strength/Honor/Unity
This is the west, Our Mother, Our only home!
TheSpiceMustFlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2013, 12:50 AM   #10
Miserabilia
Our Bipolar Friends
 
Miserabilia's Forum Picture
 
Name: dan/johnny foreigner/cheesee
Join Date: June 1, 2013
Location: my house basicly
Age: 18
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: Issues with food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebearr View Post
I use myfitnesspal and try to eat 900 calories a day.
I weigh 150lbs. It's too much.
You need to eat 1500-2000 calories a day normaly, so just eat enough calories, in healthy foods like fruits and veggies.

shout at the world because the world doesn't love you

lower yourself because you know that you have to.
Miserabilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2013, 11:39 PM   #11
katiebearr
Junior Member+
 
katiebearr's Forum Picture
 
Name: Kate
Join Date: June 17, 2013
Location: NZ
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Issues with food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightPainting View Post
you are thinking this all wrong. 1st of all calories are a unite of energy. 1 calorie is the amount of heat need to raise water 1 degree C. but eating 500 calories of fruit will give you way more energy than 1,000 calories of cookies. why is this? well it's because fruit is easily digestible and has natural sugar (unlike the process kind you will every where else) what you need to do is eat cleaner. eat more fresh ripe fruits and don't be scared of the calories. If you don't believe me, Google about health benefits from an apple or a lemon or an orange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpiceMustFlow View Post
I would not even say 150LBS is THAT bad. Although it is fair say you could go down 30 pounds or so, strictly from a medical point of view. Besides, just watching calories wont do it, losing weight can be complicated.

Although that is not even a problem compared to the fact that it really does seem to be that you are developing an eating disorder. You said that you could not go to therapy. Have you tried talking to your parents about this? Assuming they will respect your wish to not go to another therapist? If not, maybe someone else you know? If not, someone or a group on here? This is a very helpful community from what i have seen so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesee View Post
You need to eat 1500-2000 calories a day normaly, so just eat enough calories, in healthy foods like fruits and veggies.
Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it. But still, even the thought of eating fruit scares me. I am scared of eating almost everything.
But no, I cannot talk to my parents about this. My mum is understanding about most things but this completely baffles her. She's watched a documentary or two about this kind of thing and she said things like 'that's ridiculous, just give her a burger', etc and I know she'll be cynical about it.

I figured I'd make a post on here in order to make friends with someone in the same boat, just so I can maybe get a better understanding of what's going on in my own mind.

I am a kawaii princess
katiebearr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2017
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2017, VirtualTeen.org