Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 31st, 2013, 09:31 AM   #1
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Emerald Dream's Forum Picture

Name: Allison
Default iOS Apps love/recommendations

I'm admittedly an app junkie when it comes to my phone (sometimes I think it's because I have so much space to play with at 32GB). I'm looking to share some love of my favorite apps (mostly games) and am always looking for recommendations for new ones.

Please, anyone post in this thread

First up:

Game Dev Story

Holy fucknuts I love Kairosoft.

This game is one of my favorites I have ever had on any of my phones. EVER.
It's a sim game of running a video game company. Completely unrealistic, of course. You can choose what type of game to make, and how to make it. Watch and help your programmers and artists work. Decide how to advertise your games. Build up your company and create new systems. Hopefully win awards at the end of each game year.

I can't recommend this one enough (and most of the other ones from this developer).
Emerald Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2013, 12:15 AM   #2
WickedWeekend
Nice Poster

WickedWeekend's Forum Picture

Name: Nick
Default Re: iOS Apps love/recommendations

Ah, game dev sims..... Like you said that you need to try Game Dev Tycoon, I'm probably going to check a YouTube video on this. I don't have a mobile device for this.

Previously Dovakhiin
WickedWeekend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 01:56 PM   #3
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

The Amazing Race

In theory, this should be the best of both worlds for me. I The Amazing Race soooo much. It's pretty much my favorite TV show.

The game is passable. I mean, it's really not that difficult once you have played the mini-games a few times...and it's pretty easy to stay in first place once you get there. There are quite a few cities to do "tasks" in...but the funny thing is that the cities don't really go in order around the world. You could end up going from Washington to London, and then back to Mexico City. It's pretty random that way. I like that you can choose not only difficulty, but length of the game (number of stages).

They also have Phil Keoghan, the actual host, doing the voiceover for the game. He's even animated too

Not a perfect game, but pretty good for what it is.
Old June 10th, 2013, 10:51 AM   #4
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Football Manager 2013

I have to admit, first off...if you find soccer/football boring - then you would absolutely hate this game. Since I love sims, and I love playing/watching soccer....I think this game is fantastic. Last I checked, the price was still a bit up there...but it's really good for a sim game. Put together a team, coach in dozens of leagues, compete for championships.

It doesn't have as many options or features as the PC version (which I also love) but it's pretty good for an iPhone game.
Old June 13th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #5
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Nook

Not too exciting, but incredibly useful for me. I've had a basic nook tablet for a few years now, and having it synced up to my phone is a great convenience for me. If I am bored I can read any of my books on my phone. The app used to be clunky a year ago, but they have cleaned it up quite a bit.
Old June 25th, 2013, 09:50 AM   #6
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Band Boss

This is an older one, but I still play it from time to time. The 8-bit graphics style actually makes this game good, in a retro sort of way. It is what the title implies....put together a band, record songs, and go on tour. It's really not difficult once you get to a point where you are making a lot of money, but I found it to be fun in small doses.
Old July 3rd, 2013, 05:09 PM   #7
britishboy
VT Lover

britishboy's Forum Picture

Name: jack

Temple run oz!!!

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
(by Laurence Binyon)
RIP TO ALL THOSE WHO DIED FOR OUR LIBERTY AND FREEDOM IN WW1, WW2 AND ALL MODERN CONFLICTS
britishboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 10:36 AM   #8
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Pathpix / Pathpix Pro / Pathpix Joy / Pathpix Magic / Pathpix Zen

Basically, any of the five versions of this game. It's all the same thing, just different puzzle packs (the above picture is taken from Pathpix Joy).

It's a numbers/picture puzzle game. Every puzzle will end up making a picture at the end - just connect like numbers....every "2" will be a path of two blocks connected at the beginning and end by a "2", every "3" will be a path of three blocks, and so on. Sometimes it gets a little more difficult when the numbers get up into the teens, since the path will twist all over the place to connect to the matching number at the end.

Honestly, this is a lot more fun than it first sounds - especially when you see the (simple) pictures at the end of each puzzle. I have every version of this so far (they aren't very expensive) and plan to get any new ones that are released.
Old July 7th, 2013, 07:23 AM   #9
ArisHere

Name: Aris

The Sandbox

I really love that one , its like mincraft for iOS for free !
Just make a working gun , that its heat gives electricity for a LED Smiley .
ArisHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 11:25 PM   #10
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Word Mess

It's a word finding game. It's pretty fun, because different rounds involve different rules...like finding the same word, rhyming words, or words that apply to the category given. Starts off very easy, but gets difficult after awhile - shorter time, and more words to find. Definitely a worth a few minutes of fun if you're looking for a time-killer.
Old July 9th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #11
Sam-Joker

Sam-Joker's Forum Picture

Name: Sam

Score!

is a real good game which you can score historical goals in it.it has the historical goals of 1990,2000,euros and worldcup.i play it everyday and it has a part that each day you can score a new goal

"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a Dark Knight..."
Sam-Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 09:57 AM   #12
Sam-Joker

Pou i another good game i think you all know about it it is a virtual pet that you must give him food check his/her energy health fun and you can play games too

"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a Dark Knight..."
Old July 18th, 2013, 05:08 AM   #13
RebelHeart

RebelHeart's Forum Picture

Name: Rebel

I will try some of these!
RebelHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #14
Sam-Joker

try score if you are a soccer fan,and pou i a great game too

another good app is pool.which is about billiard.high graphics,good game,the ability to play with friends are the advantages of this game.probably the best game for the leisure time.

i wanted to ask whether a person knows a game about yugioh for ios or not if he/she knows tell me please

Old August 3rd, 2013, 02:59 PM   #15
Sam-Joker

Dead Ahead is a fun and enjoyable game,zombies run to get you and you must escape with a motorcycle!good graphics

Old August 3rd, 2013, 03:18 PM   #16
Obsidian
Member+

Obsidian's Forum Picture

Name: Amanda

I have a lot of word games on mine and my favorites are 94 seconds, WordCollapse, and Ruzzle. Running With Friends is fun too, it's kind of like Temple Run but I think it's way better. And besides games, I love the app Camera+ because I think the regular iPhone camera app sucks, so I use that one instead. & Also MapQuest is way better than the regular maps app.

Amanda. 19. I like music and huskies.

♪ The shadow proves the sunshine ♪
Obsidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2013, 03:39 PM   #17
Sam-Joker

word games?you mean games with words,like ultra hangman?

soccer head is a funny game too,pretty good for the leisure timebut you need to use your points to enter the league and league points are too high!

Old October 22nd, 2013, 10:35 PM   #18
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Fortune Street Smart

I love this game. It's sort of like Monopoly, but with different boards and it is a lot more fun (I promise). I love how colorful it is For a phone game there is a lot of stuff and characters to unlock. There is also DLC if you want to get more stuff that way too.
Old January 14th, 2014, 10:50 AM   #19
Reghan
Member+

Reghan's Forum Picture

Name: Reghan

I'm mostly just addicted to my social media apps. Snapchat, instagram, vine, FB, oovoo etc.
Reghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2014, 02:22 PM   #20
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

7 Little Words

It's a simple word game where the answers are broken into pieces. Each puzzle is only 7 words, and there are thousands of puzzles for this app (some of which are DLC), and new ones get added daily. I love that the difficulty ranges from very easy to incredibly hard.