Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 24th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #1
cinderellagirl732

Default Is this an ED?

So I'm not sure if this is an eating disorder or not. I eat two meals a day, and I always feel bad about eating. Sometimes I'll skip breakfast and lunch because I feel so guilty. It's always too much. I work out for a little bit, but I set my expectations so high that I never complete my entire workout I've tried to throw it up a few times but I've never been successful. I hate myself for eating and feel guilty when I do. I try to tell myself that I'm fine, but I weigh myself everyday and it's never good enough. When I try to tell myself that it's fine. I eat a ton. That's when I exercise a lot. I don't know what to do. I feel like that's the one thing I'm able to control in my life, but I also feel like it's one of the things that I can't control. I also like the feeling of hunger. I've been dealing with this since last summer but I wasn't eating more than one meal a day that entire summer and only one meal and a snack for half of this year. Then I got back to two meals and a snack. But I still feel guilty. I'm 15, 5'4, and I was 133lbs last time I checked. Sorry for rambling. Does this sound like an ED? Thank you in advance.
cinderellagirl732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #2
Feraligatr
Water Type

Feraligatr's Forum Picture

Default Re: Is this an ED?

I don't think it's an eating disorder.
Feraligatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 09:54 PM   #3
Jake Morgan
Banned

Name: Jake

Yes, it sounds like so to me. Maybe not severe idk, but you are obviously in a lot of distress over it. is there a school counselor or doctor you can talk to about this?
Jake Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #4
cinderellagirl732

I've talked to my friend. She also has an ED though. I can't talk to anyone else though. My family's already got too much to deal with.
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #5
Josh Morgan
Banned

Name: Josh

According to the BMI (Body Mass Index) chart I looked at, 5' 4" @ 133 lbs, is a healthy weight. Don't worry, but please do see a counselor/doctor.

http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelTemplat...ndex-chart.gif
Josh Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #6
Jake Morgan
Banned

Name: Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderellagirl732 View Post
I've talked to my friend. She also has an ED though. I can't talk to anyone else though. My family's already got too much to deal with.
No school nurse you can talk to?
Jake Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 08:27 AM   #7
sudmais

Sound like disordered eating. This is not a diagnosable eating disorder since you don't qualify for many of the symptoms. But it's also not healthy to be this obsessed with food/weight.
sudmais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #8
cinderellagirl732

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Morgan View Post
No school nurse you can talk to?
I'm out for the summer already. And all she would do is call my mom.
Old May 26th, 2013, 12:45 PM   #9
raindancemaggie

raindancemaggie's Forum Picture

Your body mass index says that its a healthy weight so im sure there is nothing to worry about health wise. As to the feeling guilty part, it would be healthy if you talked to someone about it, sometimes talking it out with a person you trust is really helpful. If you are worried about your weight and dont want to feel guilty, eat very healthily, don't just stop eating. Have very nutritious meals with low carbs and your body wont be hungry because it is getting all the nutrients. Also, doing excersize will make you feel happy because it lets out hormones and will help with the guilt knowing you burned off what you ate, and you will get a nice bod good luck
raindancemaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2013, 01:04 PM   #10
Jamesison
Banned

Name: James

I dont think so..
Jamesison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2013, 06:26 PM   #11
therunaway
Member+

therunaway's Forum Picture

Name: Jake The Dog

I do believe this is an ED, not a very severe one but it is indeed one, if you're trying to throw the food back up, feel guilty for eating, it is an ED. Please feel free to PM me or talk to anyone at school or family.

Jake The Dog | 14 | Straight | Bye
therunaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2013, 07:46 PM   #12
xXl0sth0peXx
Administrator

xXl0sth0peXx's Forum Picture

Name: Val

A BMI doesn't determine an eating disorder.

It is possible you have an eating disorder, however it's important you get help before it gets worse. Talk to anyone - friend, family, anyone. I guarantee they will be more helpful than you might think. It's important not to weigh yourself. It's just a number. It might be hard not to, but it's important not to.

If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me. <3

Feel free to contact me: [email protected]|PM me
Feel free to visit: Ask Me|Diary|My Tumblr

"Perfect. Nice and bright outside. Wow, I'm so rococo x.X" - Bethany
~Steven
- Ali
xXl0sth0peXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 07:17 AM   #13
VictoriaGotaSecret
Great Poster

VictoriaGotaSecret's Forum Picture

Name: Victoria/Tori

It could be one but my suggestion is to find someone to help you, someone who escaped it to make sure you don't take it too far. And just try eating healthier foods, things that you can feed proud of.

Also throwing up will only make things worse, if that becomes a major habit then you could lose your teeth, rot the esophagus and stomach, and eventually not be able to hold food down at all. Then this could lead to death and we don't want that to happen.

Oh well. Whatever. Nevermind.

If you think of where people stand, in the light on earth...think of my world as a black hole, no light, just a vacuum that sucks me deeper and deeper every second from the point of conception until death. That is my life and just like a black hole, its not possible to escape.

pm or vm me
VictoriaGotaSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 07:35 AM   #14
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

PinkFloyd's Forum Picture

Name: Rob

If you're purposely starving yourself and working out, you have Anorexia. You should really talk to a school counsler or doctor about this. I must tell you that by law all school workers have to tell someone if their student is in danger in any way whether it's drugs or an eating habit, or whatever.

"My mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." Fred Rogers
PinkFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote