Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > The Psychiatric Ward > Eating Disorders
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [6]

Old May 20th, 2013, 01:54 AM   #1
Silent Tears

Silent Tears's Forum Picture

Question Only eating one meal a day. It's okay right?

So, like. I eat one meal a day usually. Sometimes two. Then, some small snacks. I'm eating less though.

Today, I ate a decent amount of food. I kinda feel a little bad about eating so much, for some reason.

Typically, I will eat half a hamburger helper at dinner. Then, some small snacks after. Very small. I sometimes skip lunch, because I sleep in till 12ish anyway.

Two days a week, I eat lunch, dinner, and some small snacks. Those are the days I get up early and run on around 3-4 hours of sleep. Like, tomorrow will be.

I occasionally have a "pig out" day. Like, today. Where I kinda pig out. This was the first in a while though.

I'm not exactly trying to lost weight. I just.. I don't want to gain weight. I honestly would flip out if I started to get fat. I can't. I won't. I honestly would turn anorexic if I started to gain weight. I like being skinny. I won't stop being skinny. Just no.

I don't know. Is it bad? Cuz, it's not like EVERYDAY I only eat once. Sometimes I have two meals. It's not bad... right?

My scale says I'm around 97 pounds. BUT, my Daddy says our scale is broken. He says his weight is never right. I don't think it's wrong, but he does. I'm 16, height around 5'6'' I know the typical weight rang is 110-130 but, I like where I am. I don't want to go any higher that 100. But, I don't know if my scale is correct or not. I THINK it is.

I'm fine, right?

Mother, where are you today?
Father, where are you today?

Please don't worry, I am doing fine. You're much to busy to even find the time.
Silent Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 02:11 AM   #2
Jakefortin
Junior Member+

Eat more, you're in the stage of puberty and everything changes. So eat at least 3 meals a day and get enough nutrients so for the long term, you'll be a healthy person!

People can be in the ideal weight for their age but it doesn't mean they're healthy! Eat healthy & exercise!
Jakefortin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #3
Miri
Nice Poster

Miri's Forum Picture

Name: Miranda
Default Re: Only eating one meal a day. It's okay right?

That's not good. I read your new thread, and you say you're at 94 pounds now. That's really underweight. Seek professional help getting over it, because I know some people who are anorexic, and you have the same mentality as some of them.

If you aren't getting enough nutrients, which clearly you aren't if you only eat that much, then your body parts will start to malfunction, if they haven't already.
Miri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2013, 12:34 AM   #4
Farewell
Unactivated Member

You should be eating 3-4 meals per day. Breakfast, (if available) lunch, snack, then dinner. I just turned 17 today and weigh 130 pounds. I've been the same weight since I was 14. I don't consider myself underweight, but I eat 3-4 meals per day and feel pretty good.
Farewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #5
CharlieHorse
VT Lover

CharlieHorse's Forum Picture

Name: Charlie

I usually eat a banana for breakfast. Diet drink for lunch, and a large dinner at like 4 pm. Then I snack until I hate myself at 11pm and then i go to sleep. :/

Hi everyone!
Visit my diary The Everfree Forest
Ask me anything! I love answering them.
Ask Charlie

CharlieHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2013, 01:35 AM   #6
Lost in the Echo
Legendary Member

Lost in the Echo's Forum Picture

Name: Bo

I think you're fine, just stop worrying about eating too much or too little. Like I said, it sounds like you're fine, just don't intenionally starve yourself, or overeat.
Lost in the Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2013, 10:32 AM   #7
Aisilinn

I understand where you're coming from. It's wrong, but I understand.

I can't find an appetite, at all. Lunch - SUCKS. Dinner - SUCKS. Breakfast is like a bowl of cereal and that's it.

I honestly don't think I'm alright but I can't stop. Sometimes I'll binge, and there will be days where I don't eat at all. But I look at the scale and 70-odd pounds seems TOO MUCH for me. I'm 4'11 and I feel overweight.

Would you die for me?
No.
I'd run for my life and let the killer getchya, cuz I'm not gunna throw away my life for someone who questions my loyalties. They obviously need some questioning themselves.
Aisilinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #8
Clockwork
Awesome Poster

Clockwork's Forum Picture

Name: Michael

Eat atleast 3 meals a day, eating like this isn't good for you're health and you could end up with health issues. 94lbs is really underweight, you should be around 120 to 140 (Is that correct?)

I weigh 120 and my BMI is around 20, I have some body fat on me but that doesn't make me fat does it? I'm still skinny. To be honest, I think the body needs a healthy amount of fat on it, why else would the body have it? without that you would drown in a pool.

A healthy BMI would be from 18.5 to 24.9

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/...MI/bmicalc.htm

Clockwork, the timelord of VT
want to talk? Feel free to PM me! I'm an open minded person.

Last edited by Clockwork; June 18th, 2013 at 03:33 PM.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #9
teen.jpg

teen.jpg's Forum Picture

Name: Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in the Echo View Post
I think you're fine, just stop worrying about eating too much or too little. Like I said, it sounds like you're fine, just don't intenionally starve yourself, or overeat.
94 pounds and 16 years old is not fine. You need to eat 3 meals a day. It won't make you fat, it'll make you healthy.
teen.jpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2013, 12:28 AM   #10
CharlieHorse
VT Lover

CharlieHorse's Forum Picture

Name: Charlie

I'm also 16, 5'11", and about 195lbs. :/
I don't think I really need that much food

Hi everyone!
Visit my diary The Everfree Forest
Ask me anything! I love answering them.
Ask Charlie

CharlieHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 10:35 AM   #11
PeopleDon'tCare
Member+

PeopleDon'tCare's Forum Picture

You need to eat healthier in order to be healthier. Your body needs vitamines, proteines and carbs aswell. If you don't eat enough than you will feel tired all the time, you won't have enough energy and you'll have mood swings. Eating healthy food will not make you fat, actually you will feel better.Don't skip meals. For breakfast you can eat cereals with yoghurt, lunch can be skinny meat with vegetables and dinner some salad. Snacks can be fruit and there you go, healthy diet and no gaining pounds, trust me. Just hear me when I say: your body needs food, healthy food so eat, you'll stay beautiful, I promise. -xx

All by myself I'm here again
All by myself, you know I'll never change
All by myself, I'm just drunk again
I'll be drunk again to feel a little love

Maybe we'll get drunk again
Let's get drunk again
To feel a little love
PeopleDon'tCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2013, 12:09 AM   #12
galacticwitch

galacticwitch's Forum Picture

Name: △ Galactic Witch △

It's a lifestyle, pretty normal to me.
galacticwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 07:00 PM   #13
firstexistence

firstexistence's Forum Picture

Name: Nathan

Eating once a day is not really good if you are not dieting or watching your weight. You need food to have energy. Thats my view.

I help Teens make $$ online. This Free e-Book is a step-by-step guide that will aid you on how to earn extra income online. It's absolutely free. http://tinyurl.com/ktz64f4
firstexistence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 11:33 PM   #14
colepuck
Junior Member+

colepuck's Forum Picture

Name: Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Tears View Post
I'm not exactly trying to lost weight. I just.. I don't want to gain weight.
Not eating actually makes you gain weight, as a survival measure your body, when going into starvation mode, grabs all the fat in your system and holds onto it so you won't die as quick from starving.

Eating three meals a day (if they're good balanced meals) will not make you gain weight unless you are malnourished, in that case it is good you are gaining a bit of weight. I personally eat 4 smaller meals a day at-least two are salads and it works for me
colepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2013, 12:33 AM   #15
Lono

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Tears View Post
So, like. I eat one meal a day usually. Sometimes two.

I'm fine, right?
Weight is just a number. It does not measure how healthy you are. Nor does pant size. Stop using a damn scale. It modifies how much you eat.

Think of it this way, I lost 6 inches around my waist with aerobic exercise and then gained 4 with dumbbell exercise that gave mass and definition to my obliques (sides of my abdomen).

I am healthier than I was and now I weigh 20 plus pounds more. At one time I was 180. Now I am 234. The only way to shrink down 54 pounds is to lose muscle mass. Impractical.

However, you need to be aware, as a girl, you have monthly depletions of iron and other nutrients. Being low on iron can cause headaches. If you eat well, you can avoid a lot of PMS and PMDD symptoms.

If you eat balanced meals and work out, you will gain healthy weight. You will be less likely to injure yourself. Faint spells, headaches, lethargy, and other issues from malnutrition can start to fade away.

As your body changes, just buy clothes that fit. If that is a problem, there are agencies that assist with clothing needs.

Wearing clothes that are too tight around one's waist can lead to acid reflux. Wear the correct sized pants, shorts, skorts, ....

If your food sucks, learn to cook. By having food you like, you just might eat more.

Start with a multivitamin and then gradually work your way up to eating more food. Your body might need time to adjust to more food. Your stomach may shrink. Other changes may happen for the betterment of you.

Live well, eat well, be well.

Lono.
Lono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2013, 02:54 PM   #16
winchester

winchester's Forum Picture

Name: Cassie

As others have said, you should be eating more. 94 pounds is not very healthy. The more weight you drop, the more your body panics. When you lose weight, your hair can begin to fall out and your skin is tinged with sickly colors. Also, it's not good for your organs.

Depending on how long you have been eating once a day, it can be difficult to just start eating three meals. Try easing yourself into normal eating habits. If you have something for each meal, if permitted by time, you can start to increase portion size.

You can do it. I know you can.
winchester is offline   Reply With Quote