Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2007, 03:41 PM   #21
Serenity
Banned
 
Name: Valerie
Join Date: June 12, 2007
Location: PA
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 12
Default Re: Dating Survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everglow View Post
[X] Snob (fairly rich and believes the poor are worthless)
Why would you want to date someone who thinks people who don't have money are worthless???
Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 03:46 PM   #22
The Resurrected One
Banned
 
Name: Johnny K
Join Date: January 11, 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Default Re: Dating Survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSnapskies View Post
Why would you want to date someone who thinks people who don't have money are worthless???
lol, so that's just a trick question that everyone would all have to say "no" to, right?
The Resurrected One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 03:52 PM   #23
Serenity
Banned
 
Name: Valerie
Join Date: June 12, 2007
Location: PA
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 12
Default Re: Dating Survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny K View Post
lol, so that's just a trick question that everyone would all have to say "no" to, right?
Lol I suppose so. I just can't comprehend how someone could want to have any kind of relationship with someone that finds anyone else worthless because of their material possessions........
Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 04:19 PM   #24
mixedupfool
Junior Member+
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Gender: Male
Default Re: Dating Survey

Are You..
[ ] Female
[X] Male

[X] Straight
[ ] Gay
[ ] Bi
[ ] Curious

Would you date....

[X] An over weight person (not like 200 lbs. over weight, like 10-25)
[ ] An obese person (25 - 100 lbs. over weight)
[ ] A "Nerd" (kind of lamely dressed, fairly smart
[X] A Gamer (spends too many hours a day on video games, 4+ a day)
[ ] A somewhat of a loner (few friends, like to be somewhat alone)
[ ] A Goth (may be called emo)
[ ] Someone with a criminal record
[ ] A Racist
[ ] Snob (fairly rich and believes the poor are worthless)
[X] A Poor person (ranging from bankrupt to barely making it by, etc)
[ ] A homeless person
[ ] An Alcoholic
[ ] A Smoker
[ ] Someone using drugs
[ ] Slob (cares little for self appearence in a bad flithy way)

mixedupfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 05:12 PM   #25
Silverfist64
Nice Poster
 
Silverfist64's Forum Picture
 
Name: Kevin
Join Date: August 14, 2007
Location: There. Where? Here.
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Default Re: Dating Survey

Are You..
[ ] Female
[X] Male

[X] Straight
[ ] Gay
[ ] Bi
[ ] Curious

Would you date....

[X] An over weight person (not like 200 lbs. over weight, like 10-25)
[ ] An obese person (25 - 100 lbs. over weight)
[X] A "Nerd" (kind of lamely dressed, fairly smart
[X] A Gamer (spends too many hours a day on video games, 4+ a day)
[X] A somewhat of a loner (few friends, like to be somewhat alone)
[ ] A Goth (may be called emo)
[ ] Someone with a criminal record
[ ] A Racist
[ ] Snob (fairly rich and believes the poor are worthless)
[X] A Poor person (ranging from bankrupt to barely making it by, etc)
[ ] A homeless person
[ ] An Alcoholic
[ ] A Smoker
[ ] Someone using drugs
[ ] Slob (cares little for self appearence in a bad flithy way)

I dont understand this survey. If your trying to find out which type of people most people would date why do you only put the semi-bad type of people in like alcholoic and a homeless person. think more about your chooses like you should put in a tomboy or a girlygirl. things like that. this survey needs more semi-good choices.

Kevin
"It is hard for an ape to believe he descended from man"
Silverfist64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 05:50 PM   #26
Sage
Banned
 
Name: Sage
Join Date: April 21, 2007
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 10
Default Re: Dating Survey

Are You..
[ ] Female
[x] Male

[x] Straight
[ ] Gay
[ ] Bi
[ ] Curious

Would you date....

[x] An over weight person (not like 200 lbs. over weight, like 10-25)
[ ] An obese person (25 - 100 lbs. over weight)
[x] A "Nerd" (kind of lamely dressed, fairly smart
[x] A Gamer (spends too many hours a day on video games, 4+ a day) <3
[x] A somewhat of a loner (few friends, like to be somewhat alone)
[x] A Goth (may be called emo)
[ ] Someone with a criminal record
[ ] A Racist
[ ] Snob (fairly rich and believes the poor are worthless)
[ ] A Poor person (ranging from bankrupt to barely making it by, etc)
[ ] A homeless person
[ ] An Alcoholic
[ ] A Smoker
[ ] Someone using drugs
[ ] Slob (cares little for self appearence in a bad flithy way)
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 08:28 PM   #27
Raistlin
New Member
 
Join Date: July 18, 2007
Location: Alberta
Gender: Male
Default Re: Dating Survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
**I'M NOT TRYING TO MAKE LABELS OR IMPOSE STEREOTYPES, JUST GET A GENERAL OPINION.**

Answer the survey below. I'm curious to see what type of person most people would date.
This Survey applies to both boys and girls.

Place an X in a box [ ] that you would like to select, there may be more than one choice (feel free to copy and paste):

Are You..
[ ] Female
[x] Male

x] Straight
[ ] Gay
[ ] Bi
[ ] Curious

Would you date....

[ ] An over weight person (not like 200 lbs. over weight, like 10-25)
[ ] An obese person (25 - 100 lbs. over weight)
[ ] A "Nerd" (kind of lamely dressed, fairly smart
[x] A Gamer (spends too many hours a day on video games, 4+ a day)
[x] A somewhat of a loner (few friends, like to be somewhat alone)
[ ] A Goth (may be called emo)
[ ] Someone with a criminal record
[x] A Racist
[x] Snob (fairly rich and believes the poor are worthless)
[ ] A Poor person (ranging from bankrupt to barely making it by, etc)
[ ] A homeless person
[x] An Alcoholic
[x] A Smoker
[x] Someone using drugs
[ ] Slob (cares little for self appearence in a bad flithy way)


I hope you all can shed some light for me, please answer honestly
and yes, I to think anyone without money is worthless and below me because they are filthy homeless who are cant get jobs
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007, 04:45 PM   #28
Sunrider
Junior Member
 
Sunrider's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: March 1, 2006
Location: Ohio, USA
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Default Re: Dating Survey

I'll edit the survey and put more "semi-good" choices if you think of some for me. I just put mostly bad to see how many people really care who their dating and whatnot.

I have already learned that most people will date someone who is over weight or a somewhat loner.

79% of all people on forums put fake percentages in their signature.

The statement below is false.
The statement above is true.
-Sunrider
Sunrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007, 06:28 PM   #29
x__onyx
Junior Member
 
x__onyx's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: April 23, 2007
Location: New England.
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Default Re: Dating Survey

Are You..
[x] Female
[ ] Male

[x] Straight
[ ] Gay
[ ] Bi
[ ] Curious

Would you date....

[x] An over weight person (not like 200 lbs. over weight, like 10-25)
[ ] An obese person (25 - 100 lbs. over weight)
[x] A "Nerd" (kind of lamely dressed, fairly smart
[x] A Gamer (spends too many hours a day on video games, 4+ a day)
[x] A somewhat of a loner (few friends, like to be somewhat alone)
[x] A Goth (may be called emo)
[ ] Someone with a criminal record
[ ] A Racist
[ ] Snob (fairly rich and believes the poor are worthless)
[x] A Poor person (ranging from bankrupt to barely making it by, etc)
[ ] A homeless person
[ ] An Alcoholic
[ ] A Smoker
[ ] Someone using drugs
[ ] Slob (cares little for self appearence in a bad flithy way)

CaDe<143
x__onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007, 07:50 PM   #30
The Resurrected One
Banned
 
Name: Johnny K
Join Date: January 11, 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Default Re: Dating Survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
and yes, I to think anyone without money is worthless and below me because they are filthy homeless who are cant get jobs
Some people can't help it. And some people actually can't do it.
The Resurrected One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007, 07:58 PM   #31
Maverick
Retired Administrator
 
Maverick's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: February 12, 2006
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 18
Default Re: Dating Survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
and yes, I to think anyone without money is worthless and below me because they are filthy homeless who are cant get jobs
Pure ignorance. You have no idea what the real world is like and understand situations people can get in. You have no right to judge people that way. You are so naive and haven't experienced or bother to notice any real economic hardship that is uncontrollable. If your parent(s) got laid off and went through trouble finding a job and had little money would that make them and yourself worthless? Just because you have a lower income you are automatically worthless? They are human beings too and the income of someone does not make the character of a person. I really hope you reconsider your opinion of those with lower incomes.

Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007, 08:00 PM   #32
Serenity
Banned
 
Name: Valerie
Join Date: June 12, 2007
Location: PA
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 12
Default Re: Dating Survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny K View Post
Some people can't help it. And some people actually can't do it.
Indeed. I for one have lived in poverty for most of my life. I'm worthless, am I? All of my family is worthless, yes? My friends are worthless, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
and yes, I to think anyone without money is worthless and below me because they are filthy homeless who are cant get jobs
Just because some people couldn't go to college to get degrees, or sometimes couldn't even finish high school because they had other responsibilities they had to meet and thus can't get a job because no one wants to hire someone without outstanding credentials and perfect credit, they're beneath you and mean nothing? Well, now that we know what a compassionate, intelligent, and open minded person you are. Thanks a lot.

You don't know everyone's situations and you don't know what people have had to deal with in life. Money isn't something that determines a person's character. Your attitude and the way you treat others around you determines a person's character. We can all see exactly what your character is, can't we? I would like to see you try to go off on your own and support yourself with no help from anyone around you, then fail, then find yourself living on the street. If you find yourself to be worthless at that point and less deserving of life than the lucky few who have it easy, only then will your opinion that the poor and homeless are worthless be anything more than ignorance and arrogance. For the moment I must say, you're simply a jerk.
Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007, 08:03 PM   #33
The Resurrected One
Banned
 
Name: Johnny K
Join Date: January 11, 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Default Re: Dating Survey

Like, my family hasn't been doing that well at all financially. My mom can't work, and my family don't really have any money, and we can't afford some things that we can use. (the money we get to pay for the internet comes from my dad, who doesn't live with us...)

And I won't explain why my mom can't work, since it's complicated to explain.


But anyway, back on topic...
The Resurrected One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007, 08:51 PM   #34
RaisingSand
Awesome Poster
 
Name: Lauren.
Join Date: June 17, 2007
Location: New Zealand.
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Default Re: Dating Survey

Johnny, from what you've described in your situation it does sound like your family could help themselves, but won't. Like, for example, when I asked you what your future career choice was, you said none, then stated that you would rather sit at home on welfare and have your income paid for by heavily taxed hardworking people. You also stated that you wanted a family, a wife and kids, well good luck finding someone to marry you and have your children when you aren't willing to work to support your family.
It's people with your attitude that really annoy me, because when you get people who really aren't in a position to work, it's people like you who just sit around and mooch off the government that's ruining it for them, and because of people like you they're required to be more harsh and questioning to make sure the people who really need this support aren't mooching.
Also, you said you had an opportunity to get a job and make some money, but you turned it down because you were too depressed. I don't think you realise that the more you stay in your own house, on the internet, wrapped up in your own self-created world of misery that nothings going to change for you. Life is what you make it, and if you don't try and fight and work your ass of for what you want and know you deserve, you don't deserve the life you have been given. I feel sorry for you, I really do. Because I think you could do and achieve so much more if you just get out, drop kick that negative, defeatist attitude GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE. Yeah, at some points like totally sucks, that's a given, but if you just hide inside and choose not to go out like you have, you're never gonna get anywhere.

~~ LAUREN ~~


A word is just a word, until you mean what you say. And love isn't love until you give it away ... shine a light, send it on.

Last edited by Serenity; November 14th, 2007 at 09:00 PM. Reason: posted info against user's wishes
RaisingSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007, 08:58 PM   #35
The Resurrected One
Banned
 
Name: Johnny K
Join Date: January 11, 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Default Re: Dating Survey

Quote:
Johnny, from what you've described in your situation it does sound like your family could help themselves, but won't. Like, for example, when I asked you what your future career choice was, you said none, then stated that you would rather sit at home on welfare and have your income paid for by heavily taxed hardworking people.
I didn't say that. I said that that is what my family is on right now!

Quote:
You also stated that you wanted a family, a wife and kids, well good luck finding someone to marry you and have your children when you aren't willing to work to support your family.
Who says I won't work in the future?

Quote:
It's people with your attitude that really annoy me, because when you get people who really aren't in a position to work, it's people like you who just sit around and mooch off the government that's ruining it for them, and because of people like you they're required to be more harsh and questioning to make sure the people who really need this support aren't mooching.
You don't even know me as much as you think you do.


Quote:
-information removed-
I said that that is all I know, but there might be more to that.

God, thanks a lot for putting all this out in the public...

Quote:
Also, you said you had an opportunity to get a job and make some money, but you turned it down because you were too depressed.
I was depressed, yeah. And people might say that depression is not a good reason to not do anything, but, god.

Quote:
I don't think you realise that the more you stay in your own house, on the internet, wrapped up in your own self-created world of misery that nothings going to change for you.
God...

ok, I'm not going to read the other parts.


Today has changed. I went to a meeting at the school that is close to me. Back then they didn't have room for me, as I said before. But now it is quite likely and it seems very much that I will be put in, possibly, starting on Monday.


So see? Things do get better for me. And I'm sick of your posts like this aimed at me. So just stop, What I told you on MSN wasn't something I wanted to be put out here in front of everyone to see!

BACK ON TOPIC
The Resurrected One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007, 09:01 PM   #36
Serenity
Banned
 
Name: Valerie
Join Date: June 12, 2007
Location: PA
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 12
Default Re: Dating Survey

Johnny, I took out the information you didn't want other people to see.
Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007, 09:02 PM   #37
RaisingSand
Awesome Poster
 
Name: Lauren.
Join Date: June 17, 2007
Location: New Zealand.
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Default Re: Dating Survey

Actually, you didn't mention that to my knowledge. And hey, it's all well and good going to a school, getting a job etc, but unless you change yourself and your attitude, things are going to end up going the same way as they did before, and I don't think you realise that. Which is a real shame, because I don't think you're stupid or worthless, you just have some stuff to work through, and if you can't it's such a waste to see all that potential just go to waste. I really hope things work out for you Johnny, I honestly do, I just really hope you think about my suggestion of going to see a counsellor because I think that would be really beneficial for you.

~~ LAUREN ~~


A word is just a word, until you mean what you say. And love isn't love until you give it away ... shine a light, send it on.
RaisingSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007, 09:03 PM   #38
Maverick
Retired Administrator
 
Maverick's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: February 12, 2006
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 18
Default Re: Dating Survey

Stay on topic everyone. This thread is about the surveys. Any further posts not relating to the surveys will be deleted.

Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007, 09:04 PM   #39
RaisingSand
Awesome Poster
 
Name: Lauren.
Join Date: June 17, 2007
Location: New Zealand.
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Default Re: Dating Survey

Sorry Ant.

~~ LAUREN ~~


A word is just a word, until you mean what you say. And love isn't love until you give it away ... shine a light, send it on.
RaisingSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007, 10:37 PM   #40
sashoma
Junior Member+
 
Join Date: January 9, 2007
Location: Rabanastre
Default Re: Dating Survey

Are You..
[ ] Female
[X] Male

[X] Straight
[ ] Gay
[ ] Bi
[ ] Curious

Would you date....

[X] An over weight person (not like 200 lbs. over weight, like 10-25)
[ ] An obese person (25 - 100 lbs. over weight)
[ ] A "Nerd" (kind of lamely dressed, fairly smart
[ ] A Gamer (spends too many hours a day on video games, 4+ a day)
[ ] A somewhat of a loner (few friends, like to be somewhat alone)
[X] A Goth (may be called emo)
[ ] Someone with a criminal record
[ ] A Racist
[ ] Snob (fairly rich and believes the poor are worthless)
[X] A Poor person (ranging from bankrupt to barely making it by, etc)
[ ] A homeless person
[ ] An Alcoholic
[ ] A Smoker
[ ] Someone using drugs
[ ] Slob (cares little for self appearence in a bad flithy way)


btw emo and goth arent the same thing -.-

who knows where tomorrow will take us?
who knows when the day is done?
who knows why the clouds just linger, and hide away the sun? why do we never see destiny? why do we never see truth? why do we only feel our future, when we close our eyes to dream? where will we be tomorrow? where will our dreams surface? where will our pathways finally meet? why can't i just sleep?
sashoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org