Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 14th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #1
jayyy-lmao
Great Poster

jayyy-lmao's Forum Picture

Name: Jayson (Or Jay)
Default Sort of "cutting problem"

So I'm having thoughts. Sometimes it's about suicide. But mostly about cutting. I've never cut before. And I'm scared to tell the school counsellor cos I'm scared he'll tell my parents. I'm angry, confused and scared. I need advice.

Trans guy / PM if you want to talk. I'll try to help.
If you're looking for a sign to not kill yourself today, this is it.
Personal blog
^FOLLOW ME ^
The trans teen survival guide
Gender/LGBTQ+ blog
jayyy-lmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #2
xDarkAngelx
Awesome Poster

Name: George
Default Re: Sort of "cutting problem"

I guess firstly I'd strongly advice you to not start cutting. You eventually lose control, it becomes an addiction and difficult to recover from it. Just distract yourself as much as possible if ever you think you might.
I could be wrong but because you don't you don't cut and self harm I wouldn't have thought that the counselor would be obliged to tell your parents.

10/7/12
18/7/12
1/10/12
12/12/12
xDarkAngelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #3
Perfect_Insanity
Junior Member+

Perfect_Insanity's Forum Picture

Name: Katrina

hmmm.... Well, as a cutter, I think it depends. Although I don't condone getting addicted to cutting, you shouldn't kill yourself either. If you're feeling depressed, you should try the things they tell to recovering cutters to do (Reading a book, taking a walk, doing something creative like drawing or playing an instrument) But if those don't work, and you're still depressed and on the edge, I guess it is something you should do. Being a cutter is better than being dead, at least. But try not to, if you can.

Stay Strong!

My happiest memories have no place in the past; they are those I have yet to create.
- Ellen Hopkins

Feel free to message me on skype if you need any help or anything.
Perfect_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #4
xarvon1412

xarvon1412's Forum Picture

Name: Aaron

Don't cut, listen it's not worth it. I agree with perfect_insanity, it's better to cut than die, but you shouldn't cut. Honestly, you get addicted, you get hurt, and you never get off of it. If you do, it takes a lot. You'll constantly be hiding your cuts, scared of going out in the pool, scared of going out without a jacket, and you'll have a lot of scars that will constantly remind you of your pain. So, cutting's a way to vent sure, but a lot comes with it. I speak from experience. I love to cut, the way a smoker loves to smoke. I know it hurts me, but I do it anyway.

"When we cut, we're in control - we make our own pain and we can stop it whenever we want. Physical pain relieves mental anguish. For a brief moment, the pain of cutting is the only thing in the cutter's mind, and when that stops and the other comes back, it is weaker."
- Shelley Stoehr.

"It can't be terrible forever."
- Meekakitty
xarvon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 01:02 AM   #5
candabear17
Member+

candabear17's Forum Picture

Name: Candis

Don't start cutting. I just got out of the hospital for cutting. It's so hard to stop and even harder to look down and see a million scar on your body. It just make you feel ugly and disgusted with yourself. It's far to easy to lose control. When it stops working, you go deeper and deeper and that's how accidental suicides come along. I've been cutting for 4 years and I'm still having a hard time with it. There are so many other more productive ways to feel better. Just please don't resort to cutting. It's horrible.

Straight
Heterochromic
PTSD

Gone but not forgotten.
~Jesse~ ~Corry~ ~Richard~ ~Cori~ ~Amy~
~Brian~ ~David~ ~William~ ~Teahl~ ~Janet~
candabear17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 01:41 AM   #6
Castle of Glass
Awesome Poster

Castle of Glass's Forum Picture

Name: Niilo
Location: In a parallel universe where everything goes my way

Hey Jenny, listen, after my Grandmother died, someone who was super close to me, I had these exact thoughts that you are having, even suicide(even attempted it once), and smoking cannabis. HERE is my full story. I still remember where my blade touched my skin. Somehow i managed through it. Mainly by opening myself up for help, not from my school or parents, but from here. I still remember everything. It has never left me. I have only built a wall around them. You can do the same. If you want to stop it before it happens, get ride of all your blades, hide them in a place where you can't see them or remember where they are. Next, write a post here so we, the VT Psych Ward can help you. Also get a note book or secret diary in which you write your thoughts and then rip the pages out, shred them and throw them away someplace not near your house, like at your school. Also as everyone else has said, don't do it as it becomes an addiction and leave painful marks, both physical and emotional. If you want to ever talk with me, just PM me with what ever you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
We hate the struggle of fighting the urges, but don't quit. suffer now, then live as a champion as you over came your battles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet
What if I just pulled myself together, Would it matter at all, What if I just try not to remember, Would it matter at all
Castle of Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 04:46 AM   #7
jayyy-lmao
Great Poster

jayyy-lmao's Forum Picture

Name: Jayson (Or Jay)

Thanks guys. Me and my friend had a sort if argument over who was, I dunno, shittier. And it was horrible. And we argued over Facebook chat.

Trans guy / PM if you want to talk. I'll try to help.
If you're looking for a sign to not kill yourself today, this is it.
Personal blog
^FOLLOW ME ^
The trans teen survival guide
Gender/LGBTQ+ blog
jayyy-lmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2013, 07:27 AM   #8
LikeAJay
Member+

Name: Justin

I dont cut.tried. i think you should explain to someone you trust whats going on

MY NAME IS JUSTIN And Straight
LikeAJay is offline   Reply With Quote