Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 19th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #61
isiah_

isiah_'s Forum Picture

Name: Isiah
Default Re: Reality Game Shows (Survivor, Big Brother, Amazing Race, etc...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Dream View Post
Awesome I am loving Whodunnit as well!
What do you think about it so far?

Isiah. | 17. | Straight/Curious. | PM me.
isiah_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #62
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Emerald Dream's Forum Picture

Name: Allison

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzzz. View Post
What do you think about it so far?
I was skeptical about the concept, but I think it is playing out well on TV. I love Giles. He's great. I love the cheesy deaths, the clues, the bell, the "state your case"...just about everything about this show is entertaining as hell.
Emerald Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #63
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Boy is someone going to be surprised when they get out of the Big Brother house. Safe for another week because of HoH....but CBS (for once) is showing Aaryn for the ignorant racist that she is.
Old July 30th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #64
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Whodunnit - NooOOoOoOOooooOoo I thought Geno was going to win this show!!! This upsets me (unnecessarily) a great deal. Wow. I thought he was the best player...but everyone decided to gang up and not share info with him. That sucks.

I'm starting to wonder if Kam being the killer is too obvious. I'm hoping Cris wins now. She's pretty smart (or secretly the baddie herself lol).
Old August 8th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #65
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Big Brother is such absolute shit. I don't want a single one of them to win, and I am thinking about stopping watching this for the rest of the season. I probably won't...but this cast is absolutely dreadful. Just as bad as letting former players play again. Grodner, you suck.

ABC, please renew Whodunnit for another season. This show is seriously exceeding expectations. Down to four now after the extremely funny exploding hot tub and Ronnie flying through the air. I still think that Kam and Cris will be involved in the end - not sure which is the winner and which is the killer though.
Old August 11th, 2013, 06:15 AM   #66
Danny Phantom
Great Poster

Danny Phantom's Forum Picture

Name: Danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Dream View Post
Big Brother is such absolute shit. I don't want a single one of them to win, and I am thinking about stopping watching this for the rest of the season. I probably won't...but this cast is absolutely dreadful. Just as bad as letting former players play again. Grodner, you suck.

ABC, please renew Whodunnit for another season. This show is seriously exceeding expectations. Down to four now after the extremely funny exploding hot tub and Ronnie flying through the air. I still think that Kam and Cris will be involved in the end - not sure which is the winner and which is the killer though.
Big Brother - I'm still watching the season, but CBS really done screwed up. Certain HMs are really vile (Amanda, GM, Aaryn & Spencer.) There is a whole big controversy that the show is being rigged for Amanda to win because she knows Grodner (is it true? we'll know in about 6 more weeks.) The only people in the house who don't make me cringe are McCrae, Helen, Elissa and Jessie. Everyone else is bleh . The production gives Aaryn a really bad edit, but if anyone has seen what Amanda has said in that house, Aaryn looks like a saint. Amanda called Candice a "shaniqua" last week, calls Andy a fairy for being gay and even talked about killing Jessie

Whodunnit - I really hate Kam, epitome of egotistical. I hope Melina and Cris are the final 4. Melina piggy backed on Ronnie the whole season, but now that Ronnie is gone, she needs to prove herself. I think Lindsey doesn't deserve to win as she played both sides of the game, and I don't respect that.

3:57 PM [Scarlet Splinters] teenfootball your eyes sparkle like Saudia Arabia's oil wells

[dame] my laugh sounds like a car that doesn't want to start

[SoFarAway] its not the size of the boat, its the motion of the ocean
Danny Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2013, 11:12 PM   #67
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Watched the Whodunnit finale late last night.

I kind of figured the final two would be Cris and Kam. I just had them switched. I don't really like Kam as the winner. I have absolutely no problem that Cris was the killer, though (I wish she would have been the winner). I literally facepalmed at the "golden handcuffs" however. That was awful and cringeworthy on top of all the other cheese of this show. I did like the season as a whole, though. I hope it comes back, because it was a lot of fun to watch.
Old August 19th, 2013, 11:21 PM   #68
teen.jpg

teen.jpg's Forum Picture

Name: Jay

I like The Challenge
teen.jpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #69
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

I "watched" three episodes of Big Brother last night.

By "watched" I mean I sat on my computer and I fast forwarded through most of it. I hope that something happens so that no one wins. This is the absolute worst cast in the history of CBS' three main reality shows (and that is saying a lot).

The most entertaining thing on any of these episodes is last night's "audience" (which, as always, is filled with sheep and plants by CBS to get the desired reactions for Grodner's faves). While still fake as hell, I enjoyed the laughing at Aaryn answering questions and trying to make excuses for her blatant racism. Sorry but "we say things like that in Texas" doesn't really work.
Old September 19th, 2013, 07:58 AM   #70
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

I haven't watched the Big Brother finale yet, but I know who won. Thank goodness that crapfest is over with.

Watched the AGT finale last night instead. I am laughing at all the people I have seen online complaining that Kenichi Ebina won. Sorry, but the right person won last night...and for once it wasn't a singer (not counting the dogs last year). The only real rip-off last night was the trio Forte finishing fourth, and behind that cookie cutter country singer.

I plan on watching the first episode of Survivor later tonight (taped last night). Hopefully this won't be as awful as BB....but gimmicked up seasons with returning players usually suck. Not having high expectations here.
Old September 21st, 2013, 02:15 PM   #71
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

I fell asleep two different times trying to watch the first episode of Survivor. Maybe this is a message of some kind?

Anyways - I know CBS is trying to keep the show "fresh" by having all kinds of gimmicks in seasons now...but do we really need returning players AND redemption island again? I suppose the season has promise so far, though it's way too early. Watching this makes me want The Amazing Race back (and it is next week ).
Old September 21st, 2013, 02:36 PM   #72
Luminous
Legendary Member

Luminous's Forum Picture

I do like some of them. Occasionally I'll watch Toddlers in Tiaras or Here Comes Honey Boo Boo or something stupid like that because they are fricken hilarious.
A children's museum in Connecticut made a sort of parody of The Amazing Race and called it The Amazing Energy Race. It's going to be playing in the museum. It's scripted so not a reality show, but it's made to look like it is. I played the part of one of the two on the winning team (and the largest role with the most lines also in all the episodes).

val
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2013, 09:26 PM   #73
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Finally watched the first episode of The Amazing Race for this season. I'm literally at a loss for words/don't know what to say. The teams are so uninspiring to me. I don't have a favorite yet because I really don't care for any of them. Hopefully this won't turn into the equivalent of the just-ended season of Big Brother because that was godawful.
Old October 11th, 2013, 09:43 AM   #74
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Still no favorite in TAR....waiting for something remotely interesting to happen. The teams are likeable, but boring (if that makes any sense).

Finally an entertaining episode of Survivor this week. It's funny when someone with a big head gets blindsided. I also liked the married couple staying together on RI. Although I know they won't be together there forever (awww).
Old October 15th, 2013, 12:26 PM   #75
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

The Amazing Race - I hate bringing back contestants on reality shows, but the football guys really deserve it here. Through no fault of their own, they were stuck in airport and got eliminated before they even got to Portugal. I did like the tasks they had to do on this episode, though. Stuff like this makes me really want to go on this show. Magellan rolling his eyes and making faces was just...great.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 02:20 PM   #76
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

TAR - Doing the episode in Norway in the middle of the night when it's always light out (in the arctic circle) was really fun to watch. Really nice scenery. I loved the "I can't find the clue, I think I lost the clue...oh wait, it's in my mouth." Wow, just wow.

And they used the Fish Heads song. (seriously considering this as a SotD)

Yes.
Old November 9th, 2013, 10:11 PM   #77
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Wow, I haven't posted here in a few weeks. I've been busy with school and here on VT and catching up with TV sometimes a week after something airs. Anyways...

Survivor - not surprised with Aras leaving. He's a former winner and is good in the challenges. They are setting this alliance up to seem like it is too easy for all of them to get to the end...so obviously they all won't. As usual, the season is getting better as it goes on.

TAR - I'm actually glad for once that a reality show is announcing returning players for the next season. There have been some teams on TAR the last few years that have really been unlucky and eliminated through no fault of their own. The current season though....I like the tasks and challenges they are doing, but the teams themselves are so mehhh. I don't even remember half of their names, and for someone who loves this show - that's a horrible job of casting CBS.
Old December 15th, 2013, 08:29 AM   #78
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

TAR - the whole season pretty much sucked, tbh. The teams were forgettable, and the only saving grace was that some of the tasks looked fun. The final leg was so boring (even with all three teams technically in the same place) that I wanted to turn it off. This is one of my favorite shows - so poor job CBS.

Survivor finale is tonight. Is it really too obvious that Tyson wins?? He's pretty much been the main focus of the entire season.
Old December 19th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #79
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Yeah, I was right - the Survivor winner (Tyson) was predictable. It makes it kind of obvious when one person is the main focus of the whole season. I guess its more about storytelling than playing the game. I wish they would get away from that, though.

Hopefully the next seasons of TAR and Survivor will be better. Doubtful about TAR though, since Rachel Reilly will be back. Geez. Just go away.
Old December 20th, 2013, 02:40 AM   #80
ewht
Banned

I am a huge fan of all these shows.
ewht is offline   Reply With Quote