Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [1]

Old February 1st, 2013, 12:41 AM   #1
kate_b1726

Name: Kate
Default Need help

Is it bad to say that I like to cut? To see the blood dripping from my wrist. The way I can actually control the pain. It feels good too actually feel something. I sound crazy I know, but it is true. I know I shouldn't feel like this but I do. I know I need help, but is it bad that I don't want it? I just want someone to talk to..someone who actually understands..
kate_b1726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 10:22 AM   #2
Harley Quinn
Puddin'

Harley Quinn's Forum Picture

Name: Siobhan
Default Re: Need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate_b1726 View Post
Is it bad to say that I like to cut? To see the blood dripping from my wrist. The way I can actually control the pain. It feels good too actually feel something. I sound crazy I know, but it is true. I know I shouldn't feel like this but I do. I know I need help, but is it bad that I don't want it? I just want someone to talk to..someone who actually understands..
Most people like self harming to a certain extent, for exactly those reasons you stated so many of us here understand what you're going through. It doesn't sound crazy in the slightest. Personally, I never liked the blood aspect of it, it was more about the pain being controlled. You don't have to get help unless you personally want to. I mean, I never did until I actually stopped, I don't know why I waited that long - but I do know it helped. I mean, I don't self harm to the extent that I used to and that's all through talking really. You don't need professional help to get better, anyone can help really, you just have to be willing to talk and to let someone in. That's all it is really. I know I'm making it sound simple, and no I'm not saying it is, I'm saying it is possible but only if you want to and if you have the willpower to do something about it. You said you need help, so obviously you want to get better, and stop, eventually anyway. Anyone on here that self harms is always willing to talk, that's one thing you'll find here.

Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

[Emerald Dream] if I had a 30 minute orgasm, I would probably need to sleep for a week

~Stevennn

*Ali*
Harley Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #3
escalier

Name: Aurora

I don't think its wrong. I can say I like to see it too.
escalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #4
xarvon1412

xarvon1412's Forum Picture

Name: Aaron

I feel the exact same way. I think I'm screwed up too...I just don't understand how something that everybody else looks down upon, I get some sort of...kick out of it. It feels really good, to be able to control the pain, and when I'm doing it it's the only pain that I'm focused on, nothing else. Like my favorite quote, it's the only thing in my mind, even if for just a moment, it's the only thing I can focus on. I hate to say it but, I love cutting. It's just become a part of me now.

"When we cut, we're in control - we make our own pain and we can stop it whenever we want. Physical pain relieves mental anguish. For a brief moment, the pain of cutting is the only thing in the cutter's mind, and when that stops and the other comes back, it is weaker."
- Shelley Stoehr.

"It can't be terrible forever."
- Meekakitty
xarvon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote