Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 30th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #1
amscramhick
Junior Member+

Name: Amber
Default Wanting to get better

I want so bad to get better. I want to be able to wear shorts in the summer and have my scars be faded enough. My birthday present to myself was throwing away my blades. Five minutes later I dug my stuff out of the garbage.. I'm seeing a psychiatrist soon but other than that I don't know how to help myself. I want to get better, I want to one day say I'm happy..
amscramhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #2
Desuetude
---

Desuetude's Forum Picture

Name: Isaac
Default Re: Wanting to get better

Have you tried the paper chain project or the butterfly project? Both are good for help with motivation to quit. The first step is recognising that there is a problem and the second is accepting help and deciding you want to get better. It's great how far you've come, you should be so proud of yourself. When you get the urge to self harm distract yourself. Exercise, write down what you're feeling, write a poem, draw a picture, write down a list of reasons why you want to stop and keep reading them over, take a shower, take a walk, do any activity you enjoy, surround yourself with people or ask a friend over so you wouldn't be able to. Just try and avoid having as many opportunities alone so you wouldn't feel as tempted.

There are lots of things you can do yourself, mostly you just have to be strong and remember the reasons you have for quitting. Also, if you want your scars to fade quicker than just leaving them then Vitamin-E and Aloe Vera, any type of ointments like that are recommended for speeding up the fading of scars. You might like to look something like that up, just to be ready. Maybe then, when you get the urge to cut you could rub that on your cuts instead and think about how instead of making more, you're speeding up the time it takes for the old ones to disappear.
Desuetude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 01:18 AM   #3
kate_b1726

Name: Kate

I know exactly how you feel. Everytime I want to quit, I just can't. The pain just makes me feel better. If you EVER need anyone to talk to, just let me know.
kate_b1726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 01:23 AM   #4
dontfiguremeout
Awesome Poster

What you did was a HUGE step into becoming better! You first realized you want to be better and you know what you did, and then you threw everything out the window right away! Usually most people tend to first seek help, then get away from them! But you did an amazing job! I'm extremely proud of you! And I suggest seeing someone who specializes in teen cutting, because they would be the most help to you since they deal with teens like you, so they know how to help you the best!
dontfiguremeout is offline   Reply With Quote