Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 8th, 2013, 11:41 PM   #1
qwertygirl

qwertygirl's Forum Picture

Name: Rachel
Default 800 calories a day.... starting now

Okay, so I am 170 pounds, and only 5'6. Mind you, I do naturally have a very large body frame, if that even helps.

So my goal weight is 140 pounds. It's a healthy weight, and it will make me look a lot better, but... i don't know how to go about getting there.

I want to be 140 by the time school is let out.

I've heard of people losing like 5 pounds in a week and I want that soooo badly.

However I've been wobbling at 170 for the past two weeks.

So, I've started to make meal plans, and practically I'll be living off of apples, egg whites, and energy bars for the next week or so. I added up the calories in the amount of food I want to eat and it got to like 800.

I really want to try to do this. I hate being 170 pounds and having to shop for larger sizes and being ashamed of wearing a bathing suit and stuff.

I hate how I look, my belly is starting to get bigger (and believe me at 160 it was beautiful), and I hate that. I want to show the nice shape that I have but I can't get it if I'm eating more than like 1000 calories a day.

So should I stay at 800 calories or maybe raise it up to 1000? I'm not going over 1100, just to let any of you know. That won't do shit.

Lauren here. 13. USA. Depressed, straight totally against hate, applying to boarding school (don't think I'm gonna get there). Talk to me
qwertygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:28 AM   #2
ackmedsgirl666
Banned

Name: kenz
Default Re: 800 calories a day.... starting now

well calorie intake doesnt really matter unless you eat healthy and watch/balance a healthy diet. me i am 19 years old.... 5'4 and 225 pounds.. and i would kill to be 140 pounds again of course i havent weight that much since i was 10 years old
dont cut yourself off basically starving yourself
just eat a healthy balanced diet 3 times a day breakfast,lunch,dinner and snacks in moderation.. it also helps if you keep a calorie diary so you know what you have eaten and where you need to cut back
ackmedsgirl666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:39 AM   #3
Castle of Glass
Awesome Poster

Castle of Glass's Forum Picture

Name: Niilo
Location: In a parallel universe where everything goes my way

well, since i wrestle, weight is pretty important. I am currently somewhere between 221 and 225 as i have already eaten since practice. But since i have a tournament coming, today, another heavyweight made me bike on a stationary bike for 10ish minutes, then 200 jump ropes, then another 10ish minutes on the bike, then 250 jump rope, and a final 10ish minutes on the bike. Before that i was 225.8, after i was 221.4. so yea do something like that, but since you aren't into a sport like wrestling(as far as i know) also eat properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
We hate the struggle of fighting the urges, but don't quit. suffer now, then live as a champion as you over came your battles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet
What if I just pulled myself together, Would it matter at all, What if I just try not to remember, Would it matter at all
Castle of Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 03:09 AM   #4
lightPainting
Member++

lightPainting's Forum Picture

Name: Ricardo

OK realy quick... those comments up above are not 100% true. they all have diffrent daily schedules and eat differnt foods and some are just flat out wrong, in my opinion[you can have 800 calories a day and be fine because you are going to be burning stored stomach fat]. so do your research. now here are my views. 1 eat your fruits and vegetables ...alot of them.2, run for 10 minutes every day.3, cut out the dairy[some people will say no, but just eat carrots for your vitamin D]4, when you stop drinking soda, be prepared for the headaches.5, keep a positive state of mind.

if you have and questions, just ask.
lightPainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 02:37 PM   #5
Fiction
Ex Psych Mod

Fiction's Forum Picture

Name: Kathy

800 calories a day will make you cause weight drastically at first, but your body will very soon go into starvation mode. Your body will start to conserve the food you eat and your weight will plateau.

Then what? Your body isn't getting the nutrients it needs, your body is starting to get damaged, and you're not loosing any weight. What are you gaining from that?

The best way is to do it healthily. I ruined my immune system through my eating disorder, and not eating will not make you happy. It's not worth it especially when weight can be lost in other ways.

Also when you go back to normal food intake your body will put the weight back on really fast, and your weight will actually end up higher than the beginning weight because your body will conserve the food.

You brought hate, pills and knives,
And this is how the tale begins.
Its your life, exist and wonder why.
When it only fails to work,
It only fails to work sometimes
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote