Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 28th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #1
dommy99

Name: josh
Default "gay" "faggot" "qweer" abouse

When will it stop ???
Does it happen when you leave school still ??
What can I do to cope with it its killing me inside ??
dommy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #2
ackmedsgirl666
Banned

Name: kenz
Default Re: "gay" "faggot" "qweer" abouse

if you are experiencing bullying inside and outside of school you need to speak with someone you can trust.. like a school guidance counceller, your parents, a good friend. unfortunately todays society people are very judgemental and names like this are called out and people are lead into believing those names....

please talk to someone. i know its rough and you want it to stop but unfortunately people are assholes. sorry to say. just try and ignore it
ackmedsgirl666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #3
dan8854

Name: Dan

hey dommy99 - i'm so sorry to hear about this. i know it won't stop the bullying but do realize that they say those things only out of fear, confusion, and insecurity. it's not you...it's them.

what doesn't break you makes you stronger. don't give in. be strong.

The name is Dan and i'm 15. New to VT and new to being gay.

Love making new friends. Say hi - don't be scared
dan8854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #4
Rayquaza
Sky High Pokmon

I can assure you that it won't happen in the real world than it does at school (I should know). Unfortunately, we live in an age where calling someone "gay" is considered an insult and used "unintentionally". The best thing you can do is to tell someone and work up the courage yourself. Don't give up and remember that they can call you anything but it won't affect who you really are. Try your best to ignore it. I know it is hard at first but there will come a point in your life where you've heard it so many times that it's just old news.
Rayquaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 07:02 AM   #5
jayyy-lmao
Great Poster

jayyy-lmao's Forum Picture

Name: Jayson (Or Jay)

Tell one of your best friends.
If your friends are anything like mine, they'll have the balls to stick up for you. My friend saved my life on this situation. Another bit of advice: Have you got a skill no-one knows about? Focus on that. They don't know how wonderful and amazing you are. If you are gay, not meaning to be offensive, just say "So what if I'm gay, you got a problem with gay people?" That'll knock them off their high horse.

Trans guy / PM if you want to talk. I'll try to help.
If you're looking for a sign to not kill yourself today, this is it.
Personal blog
^FOLLOW ME ^
The trans teen survival guide
Gender/LGBTQ+ blog
jayyy-lmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 11:00 AM   #6
Jupiter
Banned

Name: Matty

Hey!

Josh, I've had this issue, but man you cannot let it get to you. I seriously dreaded goin to school because I'd get made fun of just cuz I'm a little girlier. Just wait it out it gets better, I promise.

And as someone once told me, "those bullies? Fuck them. Fuck them HARD"
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 02:49 PM   #7
lyriclover
Member++

lyriclover's Forum Picture

Name: Jude

I've been told it stops after high school. If you aren't gay then just ignore it. You know you're not what they say. If you are then find someone to talk to. Tell at teacher what's going on. Find someone that will be supportive. Just be yourself and if other people can't handle it, then it's their problem not yours.
lyriclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 06:27 PM   #8
StoneColdNicky
Member++

StoneColdNicky's Forum Picture

Name: Nick

It doesn't stop, but things like that seem to count for less after high school. But the fact is, there will always be some people who are jerks everywhere.
StoneColdNicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 02:20 AM   #9
Tylermx27

Tylermx27's Forum Picture

Just don't do something that's gonna screw up your life....if you are a true gay look at them and say yeah you gotta problem with it.....and don't let them beat you down just ignore them and If you need some butt kicking ill help you out Contact Information Removed~DerBear I'm here to help!

Last edited by DerBear; January 2nd, 2013 at 11:35 PM.
Tylermx27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:19 PM   #10
BrassMonkey
Great Poster

BrassMonkey's Forum Picture

I know what you are going through, because I went through the same thing. Basically, not trying to sound like some whack job person, but just ignore it to an extent. Will it ever end, most likely it will not, because thats life, but you can decrease it big time. The key to that is to not show them your emotions or don't let them Think its putting you down, and don't let it put you down. All they are doing is trying to put someone down to make them feel better about themselves, plus they do not know you. Also, think of this, "What goes around, comes around," which is true. Another thing, get to know them a little bit to an extent or let them get to know you a little bit. I don't mean go hangout with them unless you want to, but once they get to know you a little bit, then they will begin to connect with you in a way, and will probably back off with the bullying. This helped me in my situation like this. Once I started NOT letting think they put me down or didn't let them put me down, that crap began to back off. Plus, over time of getting to know those people a little bit, or letting get to know me a little bit, they don't really say that stupid crap. The big thing is, Don't let it get to you!
BrassMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:41 AM   #11
Bradley 97

we say to ignore it we say to not listen... ive been down this rode ive been called the various names and stereotypes that follow them. in real honesty idk why they call you that... idk why they called me that. but what I know from experience is that bullying is a coping, it helps you feel better about your self. lets say I was wearing a ugly shirt and someone said something about it to make fun of me well then with out thinking id insult their looks. we all do it by nature some times its meant to hurt sometimes its not.. ive been bullied and ive bullied to help cope with beign bullied but there is not a day where I wish I could have changed it....
when will it stop? well to be honest we don't know in they phycology world they will stop when it seems to have no effect on you, but like I said ive been called thos words and there is no way of hiding the pain... if you need help im always here and always on

we have all been through shit we have all had hard time we all know how to hide it and put a smile on... im not a person to hide emotions from to talk to me if you need to or if you just wanna(:
Bradley 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 01:32 AM   #12
itsthat0n3kid
Nice Poster

Name: Chris

talk to a trusted friend or adult. people saying shit like that just isnt cool.

you should message me. Im a pretty nice person. I think. Plus I dont bite too hard.
itsthat0n3kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:07 AM   #13
lukene
Member+

lukene's Forum Picture

Name: Luke

Same here bud...:/ but the annoying thing is I am bi but if I told anyone it would get so much worse..

"... I spilled so much red wine on myself I thought I'd been shot." - Mindy Lahiri
lukene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:15 AM   #14
StoneColdNicky
Member++

StoneColdNicky's Forum Picture

Name: Nick

I'm with AusBoy on that. While I was in school, I figured I would only be making my life difficult by coming out or anything like that. Even though I still haven't officially done a big coming out thing (and don't plan to) I am more comfortable to tell people the truth now. I guess it is easier when you aren't seeing the same people every day - if they have a problem with you, you don't need to put up with it all day every day any more.
StoneColdNicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #15
Irishperson15
Nice Poster

I have not been offended by remarks like this before, but in my experience of witnessing it at school, etc, I kind of realised that it is people who think they are better than everyone else that say these type of things. Try not to let it annoy you, I know it's easier said than done, but don't let them make you feel bad. You are who you are, be proud man They have a strange notion in their head that they are way above you. Trust me, they're not.

If i agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

Sweet dreams are made of cheese, who am I to dis a brie?

Message if you want a chat
Irishperson15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #16
unusedaccount
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dommy99 View Post
When will it stop ???
Does it happen when you leave school still ??
What can I do to cope with it its killing me inside ??
School kids are ignorant. Most of the time they don't bully because they genuinely dislike someone for who they are or how they act, they just do it to be 'cool' and to fit in with the crowd. Your not alone, confide in a friend you can trust and discuss the problems your having with them, there's no shame in admitting you need some help.
Old January 15th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #17
thisisben
Member+

thisisben's Forum Picture

Name: Ben

do tell someone you will trust , but I will share an experience and probably not many people will recommend , but I recommend do not tell teachers , but it might be different , i got called exactly the same things , and then once i skipped , a lesson and when i was found i had no option but just to tell them what happened , and they interviewed the bullies aswell, and then the verbal abuse , became physical abuse
thisisben is offline   Reply With Quote