Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 9th, 2005, 12:25 AM   #1
crushed_47

Default I think I have ADD

I think i have ADD.. i'm like positive.. but my parents don't believe me.. because like I get good grades.. is it possible to have ADD and still get good grades? they also don't believe me cus like my brother has it and i'm not like him.

But i really think i have it. In class.. i don't concentrate.. i cannot for the life of me. The thing is i just take the notes that the teacher writes on the board. I daydream constantly. I even read that a symptom was a messy room. No matter how hard i try to keep mine clean.. i can't. And also.. i can't focus. Ill seriously be in the middle of something and just stop what im doing, get up, and walk away. Even when i'm on the computer talking to people on AIM, ill just like get up and walk away and come back and hour later and the people that i was talking to were like "HELLO?? YOU THERE??" i really think i have it. its not that i want to have it or anything.. i just want to get help if i do you know?

do you think i have it?

..Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem..

I keep hoping for something that cannot possibly be real.
I wish I could just forget the way I feel.
crushed_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2005, 11:00 AM   #2
LoSt_n_the_WoRlD
Member+

LoSt_n_the_WoRlD's Forum Picture

Well, you might have it i can't be sure why don't you try going to to a doctor to get checked out..my cousin is kinda like that and he has add so idk

<3 Perfectly : imperfekt <3

i know i said my name was molly, but its not.. its Carly M.
LoSt_n_the_WoRlD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2005, 10:15 PM   #3
serial-thrilla
VT Lover

Default Re: I think I have ADD

Quote:
Originally Posted by crushed_47
I think i have ADD.. i'm like positive.. but my parents don't believe me.. because like I get good grades.. is it possible to have ADD and still get good grades? they also don't believe me cus like my brother has it and i'm not like him.

But i really think i have it. In class.. i don't concentrate.. i cannot for the life of me. The thing is i just take the notes that the teacher writes on the board. I daydream constantly. I even read that a symptom was a messy room. No matter how hard i try to keep mine clean.. i can't. And also.. i can't focus. Ill seriously be in the middle of something and just stop what im doing, get up, and walk away. Even when i'm on the computer talking to people on AIM, ill just like get up and walk away and come back and hour later and the people that i was talking to were like "HELLO?? YOU THERE??" i really think i have it. its not that i want to have it or anything.. i just want to get help if i do you know?

do you think i have it?
im not sure its possible but its hard to really say not knowing you.,
serial-thrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 09:30 AM   #4
*-tick tock-*
Awesome Poster

hmmm its possible.. check with a doctor first. but be careful.. most docs will tell u that u have something u think you have when you dont
*-tick tock-* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2005, 10:39 PM   #5
Krazydun
Junior Member+

sounds like me.. I can't sleep because I can't get my mind to shut off. I have a horrible time paying attention.. and I am also smart and get good grades.. and I'm 18! I've always been a wiggle worm and emotion rollar coaster sometimes.
Krazydun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2005, 04:11 PM   #6
xdeviancex
Member+

Default ..

Same with me too... At home im quiet but its because im lonely . im hyper i can talk real loud. i can get annoying...not many people like me and it sucks
but i have good grades now and i cant get to sleep because i can stop thinking like what if what if i stare at my wall i used to try warm milk hot tea i cant stop thinking and i eventually get bored of thinking so i turn on my t.v. THERE IS NOT ONE DOUBT I AM NOT A INSOMNIAC

21/M/FL, and I'm Gay.
xdeviancex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2005, 03:25 PM   #7
andrew
Unregistered

[quote="crushed_47"]I think i have ADD.. i'm like positive.. but my parents don't believe me.. because like I get good grades.. is it possible to have ADD and still get good grades? they also don't believe me cus like my brother has it and i'm not like him.

do you think i have it? I think you do, this is some one who has ADHD, I also have a messy room, I have tried and tried, but I always fail to get it cleaned up.
Old December 23rd, 2005, 08:37 AM   #8
LilJade92

by getting good grades means nothink its nothink to do wif add mayb u cant concerntrate because u get distracted easily mayb

Lickle Hunny Bun!
LilJade92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2006, 01:39 AM   #9
Sand_Man
Junior Member+

exacly the same thign with me...my parents say i dont have it cuz i spend hours on an online game...btu evan on that i cant stick to 1 thign for very long( i know it sounds stuped) but ill be watchign a show walk away come bak like 3 hours later...my marks have fallen hugelly cuz all i do is day dream...and lol at the messy room u should see mine :0..i have 4 garbage bags and ea like half empty the rest of the garbage on the floor :$
my parents say i cant do anthing about it cuz ive hit puberty and they say once u do u cant go on any pills
but i really dont belive that and hoping i dont have it

and my friend in grade 8...he had add and his teacher siad" james your the only kid i know who does his work in 5 minutes and it will be the exaclly the same answears if you did it in 8 hours" hes a smart kid and gets his work done really faast cuz he knows he wont be able to stand it for long

live fast
die young
have a good looking courpse

dont question facts...live by them-me ...still thinking it throu so its like a work in progress and im giving u guys and gals a taste of what i can come up with

set ur mind to it...push ur muscles to the limit...and ur heart will find the glory- also me :$...not very good but i try
Sand_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2006, 01:15 AM   #10
Pink-Floyd
Nice Poster

Pink-Floyd's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by crushed_47

do you think i have it?

I dont think u do, Coz Im Exactly like u, And I dont Have it

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...2006/DSOTM.jpg I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon
Pink-Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2006, 08:40 AM   #11
Toongig

Maybe, but I don't know you well enough to make that call.

Ba-Bum-Da... You can\'t find me!

Blast, God\'s escaped again!
Is he in the teapot?
Toongig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 12:11 AM   #12
kaley

i have both add and adhd, they are only bad when i am in school but people like me more when i dont take medication because i am happier and more fun to be around! hi i just joined so like HI!
kaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2006, 08:07 AM   #13
mr_smite1
Banned

mr_smite1's Forum Picture

hi kaley
mr_smite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2006, 05:31 AM   #14
0=
Gone...

0='s Forum Picture

You probably don't you're probably just not stimulated mentally, I couldn't concentrate at all at regular schools, so I went into homeschooling, but we have classes a couple times a week. If you have trouble getting work done or something like that, you should consider some sort of alternative schooling, and who doesn't have a messy room?
0= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2006, 09:41 PM   #15
cmpcmp
Member++

do you....
SYMPTOMS OF ADD or ADHD:

_ Often fidgeting with hands or feet, or squirming while seated.

_ Having difficulty remaining seated.

_ Being easily distracted by extraneous stimuli.

_ Having difficulty awaiting turn in games or group activities.

_ Often blurting out answers before questions are completed.

_ Having difficulty in following instructions.

_ Having difficulty sustaining attention in tasks or play activities.

_Often shifting from one uncompleted task to another.

_ Having difficulty playing quietly.

_Often talking excessively.

_ Often interrupting or intruding on others.

_ Often not listening to what is being said.

_Often forgetting things necessary for tasks or activities.

_Often engaging in physically dangerous activities without considering possible consequences.

if so get checked
cmpcmp is offline   Reply With Quote