Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 20th, 2012, 03:59 AM   #1
ackmedsgirl666
Banned

Name: kenz
Exclamation i cant sleep

im not sure whats causing it or why its happening but i cant seem to go to bed at night and sleep. i try and go to bed around 11 and sleep but i end up getting back up and staying up until like 7 in the morning and then sleeping all day.. can anybody explain why this may be happening'
can this be a pregnancy symptom?
thanks
ackmedsgirl666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2012, 09:10 AM   #2
SmexiLexie510

SmexiLexie510's Forum Picture

Name: Lexie
Default Re: i cant sleep

I am exactly the same. I am an insomniac so I'm lucky if i get a few hours sleep and then end up sleeping all through the day. It can come with depression and stress and anxiety. Please go to your doctor if it is effecting you constantly and worrying you, they could possibly prescribe sleeping medication. In the mean time, some of the things I tried to help me were-

reading before bed
listening to music
having the radio/tv/a fan on really low at night or leaving a window open a jar for background noise
leaving a lamp on

I was also recommended that I try various meditation, calming, relaxation techniques before i attempted to sleep etc and to keep up a consistent routine at night.

Also not sleeping for 48hrs was suggested and then going to sleep and waking up at the times you want, ie- lying down at 10 and attempting to sleep and waking up at 7 with help of an alarm clock. So, again with the routine. I think the idea was that you stored up all your tiredness and used it to get into a better routine with the idea that you would fall asleep straight away from exhaustion after the 48hrs whenever you tried.

Good luck.

You gotta stand for something or you'll fall for anything <3

Leyland, Jace, Laina, Dustin, Tristan, Maicyn, Camryn, Jamie, Isaac, Zack, Landon, Gracie, Tanner and Flynn <3
SmexiLexie510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2012, 12:42 PM   #3
Thunderstorm
Great Poster

Thunderstorm's Forum Picture

Name: Jake

Well if your pregnant then yeah, maybe, it's a common sypmtom of pregnancy but it shouldn't be every night, maybe 1 or 2 nights a week later in your pregnancy...

It's common for older teens and young adults to start getting insomnia. This can be caused by high amount of stress in late high school, college, sports, academics, career etc. Yours may be a result of the stress of your pregnancy but not directly from your pregnancy. Try having a nice drink before bed (not alcohol, like a drink, like milk) and listen to music, read a good book, leave the TV on as you fall asleep. It should keep your mind off of the force of you trying to sleep and you should sleep through the whole night.

You'll always be my thunder, so bring on the rain.
Thunderstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #4
nice
Great Poster

The fan tip is really good I can't sleep if I don't have some sort of noise in the background

I love to help people and have been told I give good advice so if you have any problems leave me a vm or pm me.
nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #5
ackmedsgirl666
Banned

Name: kenz

ok thxx guys........
and i listen to asmr videos before sleeping and it sometimes works
ackmedsgirl666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2012, 10:57 PM   #6
xLittelShorty54

xLittelShorty54's Forum Picture

Name: Megan

I was like that around 6. I realy dont know a good answer but pleas try this,.. Dont fall a sleep for the hole night or the next moring at all not even littel tiny nap, then around seven ,eight or nine still lay in your bed and lesson to something nice gental carlming sound... I dont know if this well help.And drink some small glass of milk.
xLittelShorty54 is offline   Reply With Quote