Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 15th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #1
ackmedsgirl666
Banned

Name: kenz
Question cat question regarding abuse

well i have noticed we dont have a forum specifically made out for questions about animals so i figured i would put it here.(mods move if nessesary)

anyways a week ago i gave my cat nibbles away to what i thought was a good family. they were a married couple. before we gave nibbles away she was acting fine. she cuddled, loved to be held, purred and everything. anyways we got her back this evening from the couple and i gave them another cat i was trying to find a home for. they gave this one back because she kept trying to get outside because she was trying to find her way home to me and they were afraid they would lose her. so we swapped cats.

now we have noticed since she came home that she is being very agressive towards my other cats which she never was before and now she wont let me or my bf pick her up and hold her otherwise we get the claws to the face. and shes not purring either

is this a sign that she was abused by the other people i gave her to. or could she just possibly be mad at me and my boyfriend for giving her away. im just curious and looking to get advice from other cat owners.

again mods im sorry if this post doesnt fit your forum criteria but since we dont have a forum specifically for animals like i stated before i posted this as a general abuse question. i didnt know if it belonged in the open book or what place.

thanks
ackmedsgirl666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 03:37 AM   #2
StoneColdNicky
Member++

StoneColdNicky's Forum Picture

Name: Nick
Default Re: cat question regarding abuse

I'm no expert, but I would think maybe she could be nervous about being taken away for a while. I've heard of friends who's dogs behave differently after they have been left with strangers for a while.
StoneColdNicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #3
ackmedsgirl666
Banned

Name: kenz

alright that makes sense im jusr trying to figure out if this couple has abused her or not
ackmedsgirl666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2012, 12:29 AM   #4
StoneColdNicky
Member++

StoneColdNicky's Forum Picture

Name: Nick

You could try asking them how she behaved while she was with them, and maybe get an idea of if they did anything that they consider normal but is actually mistreating.
StoneColdNicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2012, 11:45 AM   #5
xxjj87yub

To an animal like a cat, changing situations like that in such a short time frame is probably abuse to them, even if it isn't to humans
xxjj87yub is offline   Reply With Quote