Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > Puberty 101 > Puberty101 Archive
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [1]

Old September 11th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #1
booboo22

booboo22's Forum Picture

Name: Booboo22
Default Sleeping naked in college dorm...

So have just started college and I have a roommate. I usually sleep naked at home, but didn't want to throw that on him on the first day, but then I discovered that he has a female friend over a lot and even overnight. I have talked with him about her and he promises to not never her sleepover so much, but I'm not sure if I should just go ahead and bring it up or just continue sleeping in gym shorts... Thanks for the help!!!!!
Old September 11th, 2012, 09:00 AM   #2
frankrocky
Banned

Name: frank
Default Re: Sleeping naked in college dorm...

You should talk to your roommate about this issue. If he is open enough to have a gf sleep over then he should certainly understand your desire to sleep in the nude.
Old September 11th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #3
TigerBoy
Awesome Poster

TigerBoy's Forum Picture

Name: Olly

I'd be pretty pissed off about having him bring her to the room to be honest. I'm not body shy, but I do like my privacy and personal space.

I say you're already being a decent room mate by being ok with it, so you shouldn't feel bad about what you do in your own space. I'd be really surprised if her sleeping over wasn't against college rules so if it did all get messy and she had an issue with you, I'm pretty sure you could just take it to the college authorities and she'd be history.

I'm in a relationship and not into camming or pic swapping.
Old September 11th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #4
booboo22

booboo22's Forum Picture

It is against the rules for her to sleep over, but this same kid says "eww eww" everytime someone says sex. Its kind of ridiculous what he won't put up with but makes others put up with... :/ but it's to the point now that I think I'm going to talk to my RA about his GF cause she is over way to often and even after talking with both of them about I just. For kicked out again so they can have them time even though her room is empty...
Old September 11th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #5
TigerBoy
Awesome Poster

TigerBoy's Forum Picture

Name: Olly

Quote:
Originally Posted by booboo22 View Post
It is against the rules for her to sleep over, but this same kid says "eww eww" everytime someone says sex. Its kind of ridiculous what he won't put up with but makes others put up with... :/ but it's to the point now that I think I'm going to talk to my RA about his GF cause she is over way to often and even after talking with both of them about I just. For kicked out again so they can have them time even though her room is empty...
Yeah they sound like they're taking the piss and being selfish. You can't carry on like that without it building bad feeling on either side, better to get it out in the open soon as poss in my view.

I'm in a relationship and not into camming or pic swapping.
Old September 11th, 2012, 04:39 PM   #6
booboo22

booboo22's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBoy View Post
Yeah they sound like they're taking the piss and being selfish. You can't carry on like that without it building bad feeling on either side, better to get it out in the open soon as poss in my view.
That's what I think I'm going to try and do, I'm going to talk to my RA about GF today and then talk to him about sleeping. He says he went to a boarding school but he doesn't seem to have any roommate skills what so ever...
Old September 11th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #7
TheTopDawg

TheTopDawg's Forum Picture

Name: Ryan

Yeah, I would talk to your RA. I had an issue like that last year. My roommate had 3 friends stay in our room one night without warning me beforehand. Two were guys and the third was a girl. He ask if one of the guys and the girl could borrow my blanket I kept at the foot of my bed. I let them. I later heard certain muffled noises comming from the futon between the two beds.... they were gettin it on while using my blanket.... It got washed several times and I had a little discussion with my roommate. It thankfully never happened again haha.

Straight-Curious/19/ willing to talk about anything

HAIL STATE!

Respect the Bell!
Old September 11th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #8
Luke91
Banned

Name: Luke

Isn't half the room yours. Sleep the way you want and report his girlfriend.
Old September 11th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #9
volleyball17
Banned

ask him if he doesnt mind if you do. however if you report his girlfriend you might not be able to sleep naked then.
Old September 11th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #10
this_kids_a_DJ

Name: Alex

I am in my second year of college and I have the same room mate. Last year he had her sleep over and asked me to leave for the night... Now I am over 200 miles away from home and I don't know where the hell he expected me to sleep, so I told him to get a room because I shouldn't have to leave to give him and his girlfriend space. - What I am getting at is that the room is an even split between the two of you. It is just as much yours as it is his. Do what you want... I'd let him know you are doing that though. But having someone spend the night most of the time is not cool... I wold ask him, KINDLY, to limit that. If not, that is actually not allowed at most schools so they may be infact breaking the rules. Where I go to school it is acceptable but, if your room mate gets in trouble in the room, you are equally at fault.

Just my two cents, I hope this works out for you!

19 - (Been there, done that)
Straight
Psychology + Education Major at college
I am always willing to help and give advice, if you have questions please ask!
Old September 11th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #11
nymets3bdw5

Its definitely a give-and-take type of relationship with roommates. But since you already went to them, I'd pay a visit to the RA. They are trained to help in those situations. My freshman year I had an issue with my roommate and the RA gave good advice. Fortunetly, the kid tranasfered out after the fall semester.
Old September 12th, 2012, 12:27 AM   #12
The Bae
Awesome Poster

The Bae's Forum Picture

Name: Jordan

First off, I would talk with your roommate, to make sure that he would be comfortable to know you sleep in the nude, then if he's comfortable with it, then go ahead, and then make sure that she really doesn't come all the time, or at least ask him to go somewhere else with her if he wants to hang out with his gf.

Retired H&A Mod.

Up for meeting new people. Girls don't be shy to talk to me! I don't bite! haha. Guys you can talk, please don't flirt with me, it's just not my thing. Alright, peace!
Old September 12th, 2012, 12:43 AM   #13
Abyssal Echo
Lone Wolf

Abyssal Echo's Forum Picture

Name: Mattie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrocky View Post
You should talk to your roommate about this issue. If he is open enough to have a gf sleep over then he should certainly understand your desire to sleep in the nude.
yup I agree you should talk to your roommate. then if hes cool with you sleeping nude go ahead.
Old September 12th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #14
randomteen

just sleep naked, see what he says, if he's not bothered about it then keep doing it but if he minds then have a talk with him
Old September 12th, 2012, 06:44 PM   #15
Dark Sparrow
Member+

Name: Patrick

sleep naked mate just do it, even if you juft keep the gym shorts by the bed or you put on off under covers but deffinitly sleep naked

message if you dare

Sorry for the errors, but i am dyslexic
Old September 12th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #16
Gordo
Banned

Name: Michael

I think you can sleep in whatever you want or don't want under the covers. Just put your shorts by your bed or under you pillow. No need for either of them to ever see you naked. Personally I don't see a big dif between nothing and basketball shorts.

If I had a roommate, I'd make sure to be respectful at all times because it would make for a better living situation without drama. Given your dorm room is your home, a place to rest, recharge I'd want to keep it as drama free as possible.
Old September 25th, 2012, 11:10 PM   #17
booboo22

booboo22's Forum Picture

So i finally just got a chance to speak with my roommate without his girlfriend being around and he has agreed to let me know when I shouldn't walk in and that he is cool with me sleeping naked, he didn't seem to thrilled with the idea, but I'm taking the ok a running! So hopefully everything will work out better from now on!
Old September 26th, 2012, 01:16 AM   #18
YOUNGFLYGUY

Name: shawn

it should work better.....im a RA at my school and i let my residents know that im not playing with them when it comes down to the rules. and if they dont like something that the roommate is doing talk to that person about it if they dont agree i step in...at this point u did the right thing and if it still brcomes a problem go to your RA.

I will help anyone with anything jus pm,me!
YOLO!!!(you only live once)
Old September 29th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #19
Rukua
Member+

Rukua's Forum Picture

Name: Rukua

I reckon just sleep naked, he should understand considering he has a girl stay the night,,

Rukua - 17 - Bisexual - Australia
Old September 29th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #20
StoneColdNicky
Member++

StoneColdNicky's Forum Picture

Name: Nick

Exactly. Sounds like you've been pretty reasonable about everything. It isn't like you're saying you're going to be walking around the room nude all day. You'll get out of bed and into clothes. Doesn't seem like a big deal.

This whole room mate thing makes me glad I'm planning to live in a place off campus and not in the uni halls next year.