Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [1]

Old September 7th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #1
Jackerlus

Jackerlus's Forum Picture

Name: Jack
Question Is this OCD?

If I hear anything say a word(s) or see one, I will always spell it out with my hands, each character being a finger. I'm doing it almost sub consciously, and I've even made up 'rules' on how to spell them out with my fingers. I don't do anything else OCD like though.

[Straight/Male/16] I like tech stuff, gaming and I compete in athletics a lot as well. Finally finished GCSE exams!

I'm happy to talk to anyone; boy or girl, so chat me up! anyone around my age group (16).

Last edited by Jackerlus; September 7th, 2012 at 04:50 PM.
Jackerlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #2
Mob Boss
Awesome Poster

Mob Boss's Forum Picture

Name: Bridge
Default Re: Is this OCD?

No one on here can diagnose you with OCD. If you are really interested I suggest you visiting your doctor and explaining to him/her what is going on. If this is the only compulsion you have, and it isn't interfering with your daily life, then I'm going to assume it isn't OCD. A lot of people go for years undiagnosed with OCD, but I have no doubt they were constantly plagued by their compulsions, rather than having a tick here and there. I know my OCD was so bad I couldn't concentrate, it interfered with my eating and I was constantly anxious, so I had to talk to my doctor. Good luck. I hope it's just a bothersome habit, because OCD is certainly not fun.
Mob Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #3
Jackerlus

Probably just a very annoying habit, it's the only thing that feels compulsory for me to do but it's kind of subconscious. And it's not interfering with daily life much... I hope you're all ok now though, doesn't sound nice :/

[Straight/Male/16] I like tech stuff, gaming and I compete in athletics a lot as well. Finally finished GCSE exams!

I'm happy to talk to anyone; boy or girl, so chat me up! anyone around my age group (16).

Last edited by Jackerlus; September 7th, 2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old September 7th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #4
Gigablue
Awesome Poster

Gigablue's Forum Picture

Do you feel you have to do this, or is it just something you do subconsciously? Does it cause distress if you can't do it? If you don't feel like you have to do it, you almost certainly don't have OCD. Even if you do feel you have to, you probably don't have OCD unless you have some other symptoms. If it interferes with your daily functioning, you should talk to your doctor, otherwise, you're probably fine.

Gigablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #5
Jackerlus

I think I'm just overreacting to be honest, I overreact a lot x/