Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 29th, 2017, 06:11 AM   #1
aaron165

Name: Aaron
Default Not wanking

Decided to try and go a month without wanking (i tried a year ago and failed within a week)

Has anybody else set out not to wank or been in a situation where you couldn't? and for how long?
aaron165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 06:45 AM   #2
scott2002
Nice Poster

scott2002's Forum Picture

Name: Scott
Default Re: Not wanking

Not me. I tried to stop a couple times, but I have trouble going a day without doing it. (I have wondered what our bodies would do, once our prostate and testicles are full to the brim with semen and sperm ready to be ejaculated, and a guy doesn't wank or have sex to release it. I wonder if we just stop making more and let the semen already made just sit there and get old, or if we'd start having a lot of nighttime wet dream releases. Would our bodies ejaculate old semen it had made a month ago???)

Last edited by scott2002; September 29th, 2017 at 06:50 AM.
scott2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 09:31 AM   #3
gersu1322

gersu1322's Forum Picture

Name: Ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2002 View Post
Not me. I tried to stop a couple times, but I have trouble going a day without doing it. (I have wondered what our bodies would do, once our prostate and testicles are full to the brim with semen and sperm ready to be ejaculated, and a guy doesn't wank or have sex to release it. I wonder if we just stop making more and let the semen already made just sit there and get old, or if we'd start having a lot of nighttime wet dream releases. Would our bodies ejaculate old semen it had made a month ago???)
That's why it's healthy to ejaculate at least once a day or every 2 days. Our body stores the semen produced in the prostate and seminal vesicles. If it stays there so much time, it starts to produce some substances which can be cancerigenous and later in life can cause prostate problems.
gersu1322 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 09:41 AM   #4
Jake445

Name: Jake

The longest I've stopped was two weeks.
I was on a hiking and camping trip and I shared a tent with my sister.
So I lacked opportunity.
Jake445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 10:00 AM   #5
mick01
Great Poster

mick01's Forum Picture

Name: Mick

I think it was about 4 or 5 days without jerking off for me and that was plenty long enough. I can't imagine going for a month without.
mick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 10:39 AM   #6
Vegas2933
Member++

Vegas2933's Forum Picture

Name: Dylan

I stopped for two weeks last year. It was tough!

16 and Bi. Lives in the UK.

Happy to answer anyone's questions!

And to meet and chat with new people!
Vegas2933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 11:26 AM   #7
Hermes
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron165 View Post
...Has anybody else set out not to wank or been in a situation where you couldn't? and for how long?
The longest I have gone without cumming while being well was a week and that was lack of privacy rather than challenging myself. I have gone longer when I had a serious infection - in that situation your body's priorities change and you are just not horny.

I have never set out to abstain just to prove I could do it but then I have never been into the whole "give something up for lent" idea. If I have to do without something because it isn't available then fine, but if it is available and it isn't bad for me, then I'll indulge. So, given that wanking, and especially cumming, feels wonderful, gives relief from being horny so you can concentrate on others things and is good for you why would I want to avoid doing it?

It is also worth noting that people's success rate with abstinence is very low. If you want to build your character by setting yourself a challenge then you would be much better to pick something that requires a bit of effort but which, provided you put the effort it, is likely to be achievable.

Quote:
...(I have wondered what our bodies would do, once our prostate and testicles are full to the brim with semen and sperm ready to be ejaculated, and a guy doesn't wank or have sex to release it. I wonder if we just stop making more and let the semen already made just sit there and get old, or if we'd start having a lot of nighttime wet dream releases. Would our bodies ejaculate old semen it had made a month ago???)
I did some searching but is seems no-one completely understands what happens beyond the fact we know the body can cope in this situation.

We've had various threads on here about wet dreams and the general trend seems to be that they happen more to those who masturbate less but there are too many exceptions for it to be simply a case that once everything is full a wet dream empties it out ready to start again. That would not explain having a wet dream the same night as having masturbated or why some guys could have one after minimal abstinence and others may abstain for weeks and still not get one, particularly as people who have abstained for more than a week often report that the amount of semen, when they finally do ejaculate, doesn't seem to increase that much beyond that first week.

Addressing sperm first it seems the epididymis can reabsorb sperm because this has to happen in a man who has had a vasectomy as they have nowhere else to go. Over time that does seem to damage it, though, and that has been suggested as one reason vasectomy reversals are often not successful and why the longer it has been since it was done the lower the chances of a reversal succeeding.

So that probably isn't happening in someone who is simply abstaining. It seems the setup is a bit like an auto-reloading gun and there is a wider part of the ejaculatory duct, called the ampulla, just before it goes into the prostate that is the equivalent of the chamber in a gun, which empties at ejaculation and then immediately starts to recharge with fresh sperm moving up from the epididymis along the vas deferens. Sperm are pretty small so to start with it is quite likely that the number will simply continue to increase even after some of them have died and, if the guy ejaculates at that point, the dead ones will just come out with the live ones. There must be a limit, though, and I couldn't find a definite answer as to what happens next. One option is that the ampulla may reabsorb them, the other is that they just overflow into the urethra and get peed out, or indeed some mixture of the two.

Regarding the seminal vesicles and the prostate which, together, make most of the liquid in semen, as I mentioned semen volume seems to increase quite quickly in the first few days after ejaculation but then the increase slows so that after a week the volume doesn't increase very fast. That suggests that after a week things are starting to get full. Again there doesn't seem to any real certainty about what happens next. Possibilities are that the glands concerned can simply slow down almost to a stop, that they are able to simultaneous reabsorb as well as produce in some kind of equilibrium, that the excess spills out into the urethra and is peed away or some combination of these. I have read, elsewhere, comments from guys who have said their pee is a bit cloudy after abstaining for a while so it seems like the last of these must happen, at least for some guys, but whether it is the only mechanism at work I don't know.

So the conclusion of all that seems to be that the body can cope but we're not exactly sure how.

Then there is the study that found frequent ejaculation (21 times per month or more often) had a protective effect against prostate cancer. That study only found this to be true - it did not try to work out any particular mechanism by which it could happen. I don't remember if it was the those who conducted the study or others, but I have certainly seen speculation that the mechanism could be that not ejaculating for ages allows chemicals to build up in the prostate and some of these may be carcinogenic. If this were indeed what is happening this supports the idea of the prostate being able to simultaneously produce and reabsorb but with the reabsorption limited to just water, not what is dissolved within it, as this would then have the effect of concentrating the liquid as time passes.
Hermes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 11:35 AM   #8
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

Why would you stop doing something that gives you great pleasure and is free and doesn't hurt you or run out?

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 11:39 AM   #9
ChillaxBoy17

ChillaxBoy17's Forum Picture

I went without wanking for like a week when I was on holiday, but I finally had to give in to it lol, it's really hard to not do it. But anyway, why force yourself not to do it? It's natural and feels good, and all boys do it.

ChillaxBoy17
ChillaxBoy17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 11:46 AM   #10
Jrunner

Name: James

Why would anyone, aside from having no privacy or whatever, want to give up masturbating? I would have wet dreams ALL THE TIME if I did that lol
Jrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 12:54 PM   #11
igalg
Member+

Name: Igal

I stopped for one month, but it was really difficult.
igalg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 05:02 PM   #12
bonbon
Member+

No, never really stopped for more than two or three days.
bonbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 05:58 PM   #13
noah.whynot
Junior Member+

Name: Noah

I'm not sure why you'd want to stop on purpose unless you felt like you were doing it so much that it was interfering with other parts of your life. If I've gone without for more than a few days I'm almost guaranteed to have a wet dream.
noah.whynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 08:26 PM   #14
Jericho14
Nice Poster

Jericho14's Forum Picture

Name: Jericho

That's really impossible for me especially that im only a teenager (Gets horny easily). I only managed to not wank for 8 days when i was on holidays last summer. There's nothing wrong if you masturbate almost every day

Going to Indonesia for 4 days next week so trying to keep my hands off my meat hehe

14, Filipino, Straight but curious, Feel free to PM

Last edited by Jericho14; September 29th, 2017 at 08:30 PM.
Jericho14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 08:35 PM   #15
redi04
Member+

I try and I always fail maybe someday

I have over 250posts PM me anytime or send me a freind request
redi04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 10:17 PM   #16
iamcolin

I've tried, didn't last long
iamcolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2017, 06:33 AM   #17
Space Delta

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron165 View Post
Decided to try and go a month without wanking (i tried a year ago and failed within a week)

Has anybody else set out not to wank or been in a situation where you couldn't? and for how long?
I went with jerking for 10 days on a school trip. I was sharing a room with two guys, one was my best buddy. He doesn't jerk off so it was fine for him, but I went crazy the last couple of days. One night, we were sorta wrestling and I came pretty close. But thankfully, we had a lot of hiking and stuff to do and so I didn't get a chance to be horny.

Quote:
I suppose its true to some extent. Although whenever I've went without jerking (for stretches of 3-5 days), I've felt horny but never had a wet dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
The longest I have gone without cumming while being well was a week and that was lack of privacy rather than challenging myself. I have gone longer when I had a serious infection - in that situation your body's priorities change and you are just not horny.

I have never set out to abstain just to prove I could do it but then I have never been into the whole "give something up for lent" idea. If I have to do without something because it isn't available then fine, but if it is available and it isn't bad for me, then I'll indulge. So, given that wanking, and especially cumming, feels wonderful, gives relief from being horny so you can concentrate on others things and is good for you why would I want to avoid doing it?

It is also worth noting that people's success rate with abstinence is very low. If you want to build your character by setting yourself a challenge then you would be much better to pick something that requires a bit of effort but which, provided you put the effort it, is likely to be achievable.

I did some searching but is seems no-one completely understands what happens beyond the fact we know the body can cope in this situation.

We've had various threads on here about wet dreams and the general trend seems to be that they happen more to those who masturbate less but there are too many exceptions for it to be simply a case that once everything is full a wet dream empties it out ready to start again. That would not explain having a wet dream the same night as having masturbated or why some guys could have one after minimal abstinence and others may abstain for weeks and still not get one, particularly as people who have abstained for more than a week often report that the amount of semen, when they finally do ejaculate, doesn't seem to increase that much beyond that first week.

Addressing sperm first it seems the epididymis can reabsorb sperm because this has to happen in a man who has had a vasectomy as they have nowhere else to go. Over time that does seem to damage it, though, and that has been suggested as one reason vasectomy reversals are often not successful and why the longer it has been since it was done the lower the chances of a reversal succeeding.

So that probably isn't happening in someone who is simply abstaining. It seems the setup is a bit like an auto-reloading gun and there is a wider part of the ejaculatory duct, called the ampulla, just before it goes into the prostate that is the equivalent of the chamber in a gun, which empties at ejaculation and then immediately starts to recharge with fresh sperm moving up from the epididymis along the vas deferens. Sperm are pretty small so to start with it is quite likely that the number will simply continue to increase even after some of them have died and, if the guy ejaculates at that point, the dead ones will just come out with the live ones. There must be a limit, though, and I couldn't find a definite answer as to what happens next. One option is that the ampulla may reabsorb them, the other is that they just overflow into the urethra and get peed out, or indeed some mixture of the two.

Regarding the seminal vesicles and the prostate which, together, make most of the liquid in semen, as I mentioned semen volume seems to increase quite quickly in the first few days after ejaculation but then the increase slows so that after a week the volume doesn't increase very fast. That suggests that after a week things are starting to get full. Again there doesn't seem to any real certainty about what happens next. Possibilities are that the glands concerned can simply slow down almost to a stop, that they are able to simultaneous reabsorb as well as produce in some kind of equilibrium, that the excess spills out into the urethra and is peed away or some combination of these. I have read, elsewhere, comments from guys who have said their pee is a bit cloudy after abstaining for a while so it seems like the last of these must happen, at least for some guys, but whether it is the only mechanism at work I don't know.

So the conclusion of all that seems to be that the body can cope but we're not exactly sure how.

Then there is the study that found frequent ejaculation (21 times per month or more often) had a protective effect against prostate cancer. That study only found this to be true - it did not try to work out any particular mechanism by which it could happen. I don't remember if it was the those who conducted the study or others, but I have certainly seen speculation that the mechanism could be that not ejaculating for ages allows chemicals to build up in the prostate and some of these may be carcinogenic. If this were indeed what is happening this supports the idea of the prostate being able to simultaneously produce and reabsorb but with the reabsorption limited to just water, not what is dissolved within it, as this would then have the effect of concentrating the liquid as time passes.
Excellent explanation man!
I'm really impressed.

I'm 16, straight and willing to talk about anything. Drop in to chat, ask questions or just say hello!
Space Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2017, 08:00 AM   #18
loki2000
Nice Poster

loki2000's Forum Picture

Name: Eric

Was a whole week while I was in the hospital ! You know the first thing I did as soon as I got how...Straight to the bathroom !!!
loki2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2017, 11:03 PM   #19
teenboyNathan
Nice Poster

Name: Nathan

I tried to see how long I could go without wanking and it ended in 3 days lol

PM me anytime for a chat

15|Straight-Curious|
teenboyNathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 06:45 AM   #20
Chetz
Junior Member+

Chetz's Forum Picture

Name: Chetz

It would be almost impossible for me. I could last for only two days. I tried doing it last September 29.

Last edited by Chetz; October 1st, 2017 at 07:08 AM.
Chetz is offline   Reply With Quote