Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 20th, 2012, 08:50 AM   #1
CleoP
Junior Member+

CleoP's Forum Picture

Name: Cleo
Default *sigh*... is this technically rape?

Hello everyone,
Since I'm making my rounds posting in all of these categories (that was a joke, a lot of crap happens to me), I thought I'd share a bit of my story about sexual abuse.

So when I was ten years old, I went to a family member's house for two weeks by myself and he would touch me when I woke up in the morning. His wife knew, and didn't do anything. (that's the part that really, really gets me... she KNEW and said nothing. I thought I could trust her, I thought I could trust both of them.) I didn't say no. I didn't really say anything.

There was no "penetration", nothing with sex organs, just waist-up...
So can I call that rape? I used to think of it as sexual abuse, but I don't know if it really qualifies as that...

Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuchsia View Post
Without cutting you are you. With cutting you are a completely different person that you do not need to be.
" The single most important factor to recovery according to several psychologists, is wanting to get better. If a self-injurer does not want to get better and get away from this trouble, they will not. They have to be dedicated and want to be safe and not self harm."
CleoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #2
Jacketh
Junior Member+

Jacketh's Forum Picture

Name: Jack
Default Re: *sigh*... is this technically rape?

The crime, committed by a man, of forcing another person to have sexual intercourse with him, esp. by the threat or use of violence.

I wouldn't say its rape, but its certainly not on, morally wrong and disgusting. I guess you can't do much considering it was 5 years ago. If its playing on your mind still, talk to a councillor or a close relative, such as your parents if you get on with them.
Jacketh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #3
nascarman24
Banned

Name: Ritchie

It's actually sexual assault, and both of them could get into some really big trouble for this.
nascarman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 12:35 AM   #4
eggy101
Member+

eggy101's Forum Picture

Name: Jake

It is not rape but sexual assult, that doesnt change its severity. The women in the situation wouldnt of done anything in fear of domestic violence and abuse.

Cousnellor or anyone to talk to that you can establish a mutual confidentiallity agreement with is perfect to talk to, and especially anyone on here(they dont know you personally and wont call the cops) It beong five years ago you can still take this to court to apply for what is a belated sexuality abuse claim.
eggy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 05:09 PM   #5
Listed MIA

Listed MIA's Forum Picture

Name: Tim Armstrong

i'm sorry that happened to you. its really disturbing that someone else knew about it and did nothing to stop it.

it is sexual assault. a person could get sent to jail for it. and you could still tell the police if you wanted to. have you told anyone else about it?

sorry, meant to add that it doesn't matter that you didn't say no or try to stop him. it was still wrong. you were 10, its not like you would have any idea how to react in that situation.

Last edited by Listed MIA; June 21st, 2012 at 05:14 PM. Reason: to add something
Listed MIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2012, 06:29 PM   #6
CleoP
Junior Member+

CleoP's Forum Picture

Hey. =)
I told my mom and my best friend, I'm hopefully going to see a therapist about a lot of stuff that's going on with me, so maybe I'll bring it up. It's super hard to talk about.

Thanks for your replies, everyone.

Quote:
Without cutting you are you. With cutting you are a completely different person that you do not need to be.
" The single most important factor to recovery according to several psychologists, is wanting to get better. If a self-injurer does not want to get better and get away from this trouble, they will not. They have to be dedicated and want to be safe and not self harm."
Old June 25th, 2012, 10:48 AM   #7
CleoP
Junior Member+

CleoP's Forum Picture

Hi everyone.
So his wife keeps trying to contact me... She's my family, but I just don't want her to talk to me because of what happened. Do you think it's okay for me to ignore her?
(Sorry for the double-post.)

Quote:
Old June 25th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #8
Listed MIA

Listed MIA's Forum Picture

Name: Tim Armstrong

Yes!!! It's totally ok.

Why should you talk to her? she didn't protect you from her child abusing husband. actually i wouldn't ignore her, i would say that to her. then ignore her.

If you do go to therapy make sure you ask them about their confidentiality/child protection stuff. because of your age they would probably have to report it to either the police or social work. even if you aren't in danger from this person any more they are still going to freak out about him possibly being around other children. which sucks for you (and me, trying to figure this kinda thing out myself right now) who are we supposed to talk to? sorry, i'm not trying to put you off going.
Listed MIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #9
Nellerin
Awesome Poster

Name: Seth

It is not rape but it is sexual assault on a minor that can be prosecuted as a crime if you let the authorities know.
Nellerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #10
Charleigh
Awesome Poster

Charleigh's Forum Picture

Name: Charleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw slayer View Post
Why should you talk to her? she didn't protect you from her child abusing husband. actually i wouldn't ignore her, i would say that to her. then ignore her.
Because you don't know what goes on behind closed doors, he might not just have abused her, he could also be abusing his wife. Maybe she's scared and she doesn't want to face reality. Not that that gives him&her the excuse, but just saying you can't judge just from your own eyes thb.

and it's sexual assult.

FREEZE mother fucker..
Charleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #11
Thunderstorm
Great Poster

Thunderstorm's Forum Picture

Name: Jake

You need to let the authorities knwo so that he doesn't do that to anyone else. By you doing that you could svae people from mental scars.
Thunderstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2012, 02:59 PM   #12
imless
Banned

No penetration and nothing with sex organs then what you mean with "he would touch me every morning as I woke up.". Clear it up!
imless is offline   Reply With Quote