Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 27th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #1
smile.laugh.dream

Name: Meg
Default How many of us are 'OUT'?

Sooo I am a Bipolar with ADHD and Borderline. I'm recently an OPEN/OUT Bipolar.
(I started taking meds for ADHD and to help me sleep and then mood stabalizers in 1st grade by the end of 4th grade I was also on depression meds.)

I have never once met or talked to another Bipolar or Borderline person (that I know of) So I feel alone even though I know the statistics say there are so many Bipolars in the U.S. But where are we the teens in that statistic? How many actually exist and how many are open?
smile.laugh.dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #2
Abyssal Echo
Lone Wolf

Abyssal Echo's Forum Picture

Default Re: How many of us are 'OUT'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile.laugh.dream View Post
Sooo I am a Bipolar with ADHD and Borderline. I'm recently an OPEN/OUT Bipolar.
(I started taking meds for ADHD and to help me sleep and then mood stabalizers in 1st grade by the end of 4th grade I was also on depression meds.)

I have never once met or talked to another Bipolar or Borderline person (that I know of) So I feel alone even though I know the statistics say there are so many Bipolars in the U.S. But where are we the teens in that statistic? How many actually exist and how many are open?
I can change that lol ! I am Bi-Polar with scitzoeffective disorder and I'm out
Abyssal Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #3
December
Member++

December's Forum Picture

Name: Katy

I am bipolar but only out to a small handful of people. I think the main issue is the way the majority views it. I mean, how many times do people throw around the phrase "oh shes so bipolar" to describe someone who is not even remotely behaving truly bipolar? People dont understand it and i think a lot of bipolar teens dont want to be judged as "that bipolar kid". I know i dont, but maybe thats just me.
December is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 03:57 AM   #4
Bloojhay

Bloojhay's Forum Picture

Name: Axis

I'm bipolar, but I'm not exactly "out" with anyone...it's sort of for the reason December gave. There's a nasty social stigma attached to the word, and people do throw it around a lot. It's come to appear as a derogatory term that just flat out means "mentally unstable to the nth degree."
Personally, I don't want to be labeled as that. That, and...I don't see a point in saying it. It's an awkward thing for me, personally, to talk about since it means admitting a freakin' huge weakness. Heh, not like I can just jump in one day and be like, "Hey guys, guess what! I'm bipolar!" Or maybe you could...who knows. Me=/=feelings and personal stuff.♥

But I do see where you're coming from in this. ~ I don't personally know anyone who's bipolar. (I DO however know people who go around and throw out that they're "Depressed" and "bipolar" because they think they MUST be since it's the 'in' thing. You have no idea. It's like being 'bi' down here. OFF TOPIC, anyway!♥)

Life without ____ is like drinking a bottle of sunshine filled with small, slug-like bits of poison.♥
Bloojhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #5
redknight
Junior Member+

redknight's Forum Picture

Name: Morty

im not bipolar but i'm schizo,
i like this, not going to lie, i like this alot.. im schizo im out but if ibe bipolar i do the same thing as well

im shizo & str8 that all im putting here i think or im i? Part from my book coming out never eggeggeggeggeggeggeggeggegg maybe?
redknight is offline   Reply With Quote