Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old May 26th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #1
Cicero
Banned

Cicero's Forum Picture

Name: Marcus Tullius Cicero
Default What's with counting with OCD?

So I've been believing I have OCD for a good year or so. But I don't fully understand counting. Like, I believe I count, because I have to do things 3 or 5 or 15 times. But I heard that counting in seconds is another one. What is it?

Also, with OCD, do you get habits very easily? Because I get on a habit extremely easily. If I see it and do it a few times, it becomes a huge 4+ month habit.
Old May 27th, 2012, 10:43 PM   #2
December
Member++

December's Forum Picture

Name: Katy
Default Re: What's with counting with OCD?

I think that counting is specific to the person, like for instance i usually count in twos or fours, but i know a few people who are always counting to bigger numbers like 100 (mostly when walking though an dnot with other things). So if you are doing things in threes or fives or fifteens, i think that qualifies. Also i pick up habits easily too. If i do it afew times for a specific reason it usually sticks pretty fast and for along time, but again im sure that depends on the person, there is really no concrete definition to describe what does and does not qualify as a compulsion or counting really
Old May 27th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #3
Mob Boss
Awesome Poster

Mob Boss's Forum Picture

Name: Bridge

There are other forms of OCD besides the common counting and obsessive cleaning. Some people have certain numbers they are obsessed with. And I think the habits depend on the person. I have pure o OCD which is based soley on anxiety and worrying about something people without OCD would consider petty. I have mental compulsions, meaning I check or reassure myself mentally when I worry. I dont have any physical compulsions and no one besides my family knows I have it besides doing every thing in my power to avoid sidewalk cracks and counting on my fingers I don't have any signs of OCD But, to answer your question I think it depends on the person, their obsession, and what comforts them. There is an OCD site you might want to join stuckinadoorway.org It's a forum and everyone is super nice. Good luck
Old July 24th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #4
Eclipsical
Member++

Eclipsical's Forum Picture

Name: Ryan

yeah. mine is 0's.

I always pause/stop tracks on a song only if the time ends in zero. I hate not leaving things at 0...if you see my post count...it always ends in 0.

Euphorically Floating Upon Wax Wings...
Old July 25th, 2012, 07:22 PM   #5
RyanEdwards

Name: Ryan

I also always try to register my things on an even date... I registered this account on an odd month, unfortunately! But if the year is odd; no registration for a year! It's really that bad...
Old May 18th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #6
feminin

Ive had OCD since I was 7 (although I recently got over it) and I remember when i was 8 making myself brushing my teeth 27 times before going to the dentist just to feel clean. i also used to wash my self soap ten times the number of my age, often loosing track of the # i was on and having to start over. when i was older around age 12, I started tapping and repeating things in 2 and 4's, counting "1,2,3,4,1,2" for sometimes hours at a tim esp. when i was stressed. i didnt know i had ocd until i read an article about it in girl life mag at about 13. there are many types of OCD though, and I had a few others.
Old May 18th, 2013, 06:13 PM   #7
Feraligatr
Water Type

Feraligatr's Forum Picture

I think I'm OCD because I need to always stop videos at a time ending in 0 like 10:00 or 11:00.
Old May 18th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #8
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator

StoppingTime's Forum Picture

Name: Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by feminin View Post
Ive had OCD since I was 7 (although I recently got over it) and I remember when i was 8 making myself brushing my teeth 27 times before going to the dentist just to feel clean. i also used to wash my self soap ten times the number of my age, often loosing track of the # i was on and having to start over. when i was older around age 12, I started tapping and repeating things in 2 and 4's, counting "1,2,3,4,1,2" for sometimes hours at a tim esp. when i was stressed. i didnt know i had ocd until i read an article about it in girl life mag at about 13. there are many types of OCD though, and I had a few others.
Please don't post in threads with over two months of inactivity.

Mikey was here

Elysium was here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerchan
WILL HOUSING CRISIS CAUSED BY COMMIE HOMOSEXUALIST-ABORTIONIST MARXIST IMMIGRANTS AND WELFARE CHEATS FROM RACIST ANTI-BRITISH EU CAUSE TB RATE FROM VACCINES TO RISE?!
Closed Thread