Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #1
Φρανκομβριτ
Sporadic Poster
 
Φρανκομβριτ's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: October 1, 2004
Location: Gatineau (Outaouais), Québec
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Default How to stay alive

I've been having a hard time staying alive lately.

I'm living for my friends and loved ones, but when I'm left here alone, I feel out of control

I'm going to go walk around on the streets so I'm not alone, but I don't have the money to go to the hospital if I'm feeling vulnerable.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stay alive?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Φρανκομβριτ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #2
Error 404
Nice Poster
 
Error 404's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: April 23, 2012
Location: Internet
Gender: Male
Default Re: How to stay alive

Try listening to music, something like, Flyleaf, if you like that kind of music.Helped me a lot for a while.

Occupy your mind, and try not to think much.Watch, lets say, House M.D.Make yourself busy, the less you think, the better, at least for me.

Hope this helps.
Error 404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #3
Φρανκομβριτ
Sporadic Poster
 
Φρανκομβριτ's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: October 1, 2004
Location: Gatineau (Outaouais), Québec
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Default Re: How to stay alive

Appreciate the insight!

Music is my one safe haven, I just have to be very careful what I listen to.

I definitely need to occupy my mind! Problem is, the things that are usually on my mind are not helping. Is there a way to combat them? I don't even know if it's fair to ask that question.....

Again, I appreciate the insight

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Φρανκομβριτ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #4
Error 404
Nice Poster
 
Error 404's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: April 23, 2012
Location: Internet
Gender: Male
Default Re: How to stay alive

Well, i listen lately a lot to metal, i turn it up really loud, and i can't hear even myself

Id guess you should talk psychologist if you can afford it (as far i've heard, they are not cheap), or otherwise friends/family, who are willing to listen.Getting everything out mostly helps.Even here, just writing about your problems/etc, should get them off your mind.

People here are willing to listen and help, so, feel free to write if you want to
Error 404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #5
Φρανκομβριτ
Sporadic Poster
 
Φρανκομβριτ's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: October 1, 2004
Location: Gatineau (Outaouais), Québec
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Default Re: How to stay alive

Xaxa, yeah there's lots of good music for that though.

I just had an attempt, so I've got doctors crawling all over me. The problem is, my health insurance does not co-operate outside the province, but I can't get any help in the province. I've had to leave and come to Toronto for any help, and to get it I have a lot of work to do...

I wish I knew what to write, but I just don't understand what's going on in my head anymore. I can't control my thoughts, I'm having major depressive episodes during the day, which used to only happen at night. This city is a trigger for many things it's self, which does not help the situation.

I just kind of feel that after my attempt, everyone's been rushing to fix the problem, and major strides have been made, however I notice no different. If anything, my will to live is diminishing. I've still got a hold of my mind, but it's in a very bad place. Does that make sense? My english sucks lol

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Φρανκομβριτ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 02:17 PM   #6
Error 404
Nice Poster
 
Error 404's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: April 23, 2012
Location: Internet
Gender: Male
Default Re: How to stay alive

Well, you could try doing some sports/running, etc, as far I've heard it releases endorphins, and should make you feel better.

Eh, i don't understand either, so i know what you mean.But i wrote to my friend (online, on other place), pretty much every thought I've had, and since then i don't think about it as much.I've wrote it as it came to my mind, so...its worth trying, you got nothing to lose anyway.

I still can't sleep much at night, and it takes a while to fall asleep, but i don't think about that stuff as much.And even then, just put on headphones, and you can fall asleep with music

Your English is actually pretty good, and as far i've noticed, better than my, at least grammar and spelling
Error 404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #7
Maverick
Retired Administrator
 
Maverick's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: February 12, 2006
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 18
Default Re: How to stay alive

To stay alive... you need to find your purpose or niche in life and work towards it. Figure out what you want to do or want to see yourself doing then figure out what you need to do to get there, then put 110% effort into achieving it.

Otherwise you will find that living life without a real dream, goal, or passion isn't really worth living and you'll wind up back in that dark state you were just in not too long ago.

Get in the mentality that the world is huge with unlimited amounts of possibility then you'll want to stay alive to see and experience everything it has to offer. Dream big like there is nothing stopping you and that there is more beyond what is troubling you at the present.

You must live for yourself not just for family, friends, or a boyfriend.

Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 09:20 PM   #8
Φρανκομβριτ
Sporadic Poster
 
Φρανκομβριτ's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: October 1, 2004
Location: Gatineau (Outaouais), Québec
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Default Re: How to stay alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPrince View Post
Well, you could try doing some sports/running, etc, as far I've heard it releases endorphins, and should make you feel better.

Eh, i don't understand either, so i know what you mean.But i wrote to my friend (online, on other place), pretty much every thought I've had, and since then i don't think about it as much.I've wrote it as it came to my mind, so...its worth trying, you got nothing to lose anyway.

I still can't sleep much at night, and it takes a while to fall asleep, but i don't think about that stuff as much.And even then, just put on headphones, and you can fall asleep with music

Your English is actually pretty good, and as far i've noticed, better than my, at least grammar and spelling
Just had a bike ride with my brother. Really changed my thinking.

When I talk to people, I prefer them to have no actual influence in my life. That's not the case here anymore, but my fault for making VT so personal.

I take sleeping pills, and I can't think what I would do without them. I've always got my headphones round my ears!

My English may seem great because of spell check and British parents, but it's always a struggle for me. Then again, any language is....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
To stay alive... you need to find your purpose or niche in life and work towards it. Figure out what you want to do or want to see yourself doing then figure out what you need to do to get there, then put 110% effort into achieving it.

Otherwise you will find that living life without a real dream, goal, or passion isn't really worth living and you'll wind up back in that dark state you were just in not too long ago.

Get in the mentality that the world is huge with unlimited amounts of possibility then you'll want to stay alive to see and experience everything it has to offer. Dream big like there is nothing stopping you and that there is more beyond what is troubling you at the present.

You must live for yourself not just for family, friends, or a boyfriend.
Good advice Anthony, but when you find your niche and then lose all interest, it can get difficult to pull yourself out of the rut.

I agree, a sense of purpose is needed, and I am working hard to try and build that back up. It's about changing my way of thinking, and my way of living. Learning to live for myself and the things that will excite me, not for the people I love. I've already put enough pressure on them.....


Long story short, I know I need to change the way my mind is, I just need the tools to learn how. Maybe being institutionalised for a bit wouldn't do me too much harm..

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Φρανκομβριτ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #9
Maverick
Retired Administrator
 
Maverick's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: February 12, 2006
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 18
Default Re: How to stay alive

Like it or not man people around us are going to have influence on us. Some are going to be positive and some negative. But if you're around the right people it can only benefit you. Its not necessarily a bad thing to reach out to the right people and utilize a support system to guide you. Ultimately you have to do what is right for you at your discretion but its not a bad thing to get input from friends and family that know you most.

Having a niche and losing interest can be difficult... I know I been there. What I started doing this past year is trying new things I previously didn't do. Some things I liked and disliked but it sparked new interest in things I never realized. Try something new for a change Rudi..... be open anything and see where it ends up.

Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 07:17 AM   #10
Φρανκομβριτ
Sporadic Poster
 
Φρανκομβριτ's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: October 1, 2004
Location: Gatineau (Outaouais), Québec
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Default Re: How to stay alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Like it or not man people around us are going to have influence on us. Some are going to be positive and some negative. But if you're around the right people it can only benefit you. Its not necessarily a bad thing to reach out to the right people and utilize a support system to guide you. Ultimately you have to do what is right for you at your discretion but its not a bad thing to get input from friends and family that know you most.

Having a niche and losing interest can be difficult... I know I been there. What I started doing this past year is trying new things I previously didn't do. Some things I liked and disliked but it sparked new interest in things I never realized. Try something new for a change Rudi..... be open anything and see where it ends up.
People around me have not only been influencing me, but completely changing me and making decisions for me. I cave easily, I should put up more of a fight. It's hard to know who "the right" people are these days. I didn't reach out before because honestly, I didn't want to be saved. I still feel that way, but I know dying is not an option...

Good advice Anthony, I wonder what new things the world holds for me. I've got absolutely nothing left to lose.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Φρανκομβριτ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #11
jjsmitty
Member+
 
Name: Call me Smitty
Join Date: May 2, 2012
Location: Wales
Gender: Male
Default Re: How to stay alive

My advice is to look at where you want to be, what career you see yourself in in 10 years or whatever and feel good about it, whether its a mechanic, scientist, teacher, businessman or whatever else I cant think of keep yourself on track for it with that constant aim in you're mind, always positive.
jjsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 06:46 PM   #12
Carly011
Member++
 
Carly011's Forum Picture
 
Name: Carly
Join Date: April 6, 2012
Location: Minnesota
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: How to stay alive

Just live one day at a time. Keep moving forward, try to thing positively

Last edited by Carly011; May 5th, 2012 at 06:50 PM.
Carly011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #13
Maverick
Retired Administrator
 
Maverick's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: February 12, 2006
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 18
Default Re: How to stay alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Φρανκομβριτ View Post
People around me have not only been influencing me, but completely changing me and making decisions for me. I cave easily, I should put up more of a fight. It's hard to know who "the right" people are these days. I didn't reach out before because honestly, I didn't want to be saved. I still feel that way, but I know dying is not an option...

Good advice Anthony, I wonder what new things the world holds for me. I've got absolutely nothing left to lose.
You're exactly right Rudi you have nothing to lose, only to gain. I wish you luck. I know you can do it.

Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 08:26 PM   #14
Jhcx
Member
 
Jhcx's Forum Picture
 
Name: Jon
Join Date: April 10, 2012
Location: British Isles
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 30
Default Re: How to stay alive

A lot of the posters above me have posted already what im thinking. I suppose listening to music is great and living everyday one at a time knowing that tomorrow will be a new day with a new challenge to help you on the path to suppose call it success, may not be but in 90 years time you can look back and say you made it that far.

Just Here ChillinX
My Last Song of the Week Wish You Were Here (7 Aug '12)
I dont like change
Try everything once in life,regret nothing
Jhcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org