Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 10th, 2015, 10:29 AM   #201
seamo34

seamo34's Forum Picture

Name: Samus
Default Re: ** Coming Out Tips; Share Your Story! **

Hi
I came out afew monthes ago,
i one evening before going to bed i went into my parents and told them how i felt and they my mom started crying and that but she understood. they asked afew questions but it was ok. the next day i diod not fell great i felt down the hole day but the day after that i felt perfect! and now life goes on as normal im only out to my family but they dont want me telling anyone fore a while so ya thats my story

16 Bi
Thanks Samus
Please Quote me!
Chat about anything im open minded - Meassage me
seamo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2015, 06:35 AM   #202
Melodic
VT's Rising Vocalist

Melodic's Forum Picture

Name: Madie

I have had a pretty easy coming out experience. Everyone that is close to me has been really accepting of me being bisexual. I'm glad I chose to surround myself with more positive people this year.

"May the space of where I am, and where I want to be inspire me"
Melodic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2015, 12:31 AM   #203
NotQuiteANerd97

NotQuiteANerd97's Forum Picture

Name: Anthony

I'm a bisexual boy and I'm mostly out. The only people who I wouldn't tell are my older relatives (grandparents, great aunt, etc.) since they wouldn't understand it. On the other hand, my parents and a good chunk of my friends know and they're totally fine with it.

It started when I casually mentioned it in conversations with a few friends at different times, and they all just rolled with it. Eventually I decided that I should tell my parents, and they surprisingly took it well. They thought that it might be a phase, but they said that regardless they would still love me and support me unconditionally. I have no regrets
NotQuiteANerd97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2015, 12:30 PM   #204
Jinglebottom
Awesome Poster

Jinglebottom's Forum Picture

I'm never coming out to my parents or my family except for a select few. I'm going to be living abroad when I'm older so I don't think it's any of their business. Marriage, to me, sounds like nothing but a pain in the behind. I would rather just be in a committed relationship. I'm definitely going to be coming out to the friends I make in college since the ones at school are homophobes. I'm in a rough spot right now and I don't like it.

General Discussions Moderator

~ PM ~ VM ~ AMA ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst Rose
You don't wear Jinglebottom Jeans? We can't be in the same room sorry!!!!!!!
*Mars was here*
Jinglebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2015, 05:59 AM   #205
Grisham

Grisham's Forum Picture

Name: Paul

So..i love a guy but we cannot stay together and often i'm sad and irascible. So one day, my mom talked to me and she asked to me what was the problem and why i'm sad and angry.
She asked to me if the problem was a girl and i said no. So she asked if was a guy and i starting to cry and say yes..ahah was embarassing. But she said that she love me and that's ok even if i could have some problems in my life because of the society and stupid people.
Now we don't talk about this argoument.. i think she is suffering but doesn't want to tell me. But i think that it's very important to be honest and to be myself.
Also i said about me to other friends. Now i would like to tell that i'm gay to all my friends but i'm little scared

I'm gay and I'm 16. I like to speak with other guys about anything. Add me or message me if you want
Grisham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2016, 06:41 PM   #206
Rhys2001

So for years I've always had homosexual feelings, but I would never have admitted it. Recently I realised and accepted the fact that I was bisexual. It took a while to accept as my parents are near homophobes, they don't mind lgbt people but they really don't understand that it isn't a choice; I don't think I will ever tell them, at least not until I move out. Over the past few days I have come out to about half a dozen people, all of which are my closest friends. I told one best friend first, a guy, at first he didn't believe me, but now he does and he is so cool with it. Next i told a good friend, she's bi too, I wanted to talk to someone about it; best decision ever to talk to her! I then told my other best friend, a girl, and she was also really cool about it. The other three people reacted similarly...
Coming out to my closest friends is possibly one of the best things that I have ever done, I would strongly suggest coming out to the friends you love most! I love my friends regardless of their sexuality, I just found out the love me the same.
Rhys2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2016, 01:24 AM   #207
jdhud024
Member+

jdhud024's Forum Picture

Name: JD

I didn't have to come out to that many people because basically all of my friends and people I go to school with knew already. Like I legit texted my best friend one day and was like, "Hey, if I said I was gay what would you say?" and he replied with, "About time everyone was waiting on you to come out fam."

Only people I had to come out to were my parents and some family.
jdhud024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2016, 03:06 PM   #208
kylar005

I think I was in the kitchen with my mother and we were talking about my ass of a father who does not live with us.
She said something like "i think your father asked you sister if you were gay."
So I replied "Well I am gay"
And that was literally it. Granted, my mom is bi and her friend circle is like,90% lgbtq people,but I think her reaction (which was no reaction, like I told her I liked raspberries) is how all parents should react.
kylar005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2016, 10:31 AM   #209
Xxshan

A lot of people I came out to over text message because I was seriously nervous to say it to their faces. Even my mum who was in the other room across from me lmao 😂. But I did come out to my friends face to face. I remember we'd been out in the town centre all day and we were all supposed to be going back to our homes and it was raining and we were laughing and giggling and soaking wet and just suddenly I got this huge burst of confidence and just went 'hey guys, I'm gay!' I remember they went silent and then screamed in joy before hugging me, in the middle of the street. Then we stood there, rang my other friend up and told her together and she was so proud. That same day we ditched going back to our respective houses and instead went to mine for a sleepover and I never felt happier gettin to go back home, open the door and say 'hey mum! They know!!' And having a group hug with my mum and my friends.
Xxshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2017, 05:56 PM   #210
The Byrd
Pepe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxshan View Post
A lot of people I came out to over text message because I was seriously nervous to say it to their faces. Even my mum who was in the other room across from me lmao 😂. But I did come out to my friends face to face. I remember we'd been out in the town centre all day and we were all supposed to be going back to our homes and it was raining and we were laughing and giggling and soaking wet and just suddenly I got this huge burst of confidence and just went 'hey guys, I'm gay!' I remember they went silent and then screamed in joy before hugging me, in the middle of the street. Then we stood there, rang my other friend up and told her together and she was so proud. That same day we ditched going back to our respective houses and instead went to mine for a sleepover and I never felt happier gettin to go back home, open the door and say 'hey mum! They know!!' And having a group hug with my mum and my friends.
I've been waiting a while for another one of these stories. Congrats! I'm glad everything went so well

The Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2017, 07:05 PM   #211
garfield221

garfield221's Forum Picture

its a great liberation
garfield221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2017, 04:01 PM   #212
johnmit13
Junior Member+

I sort of gave a massive hint to my mates but laughed off becuase i chickened out halfway through. I always act what would typically be seen as gay (I'm bi) and i just said i may aswell just commit to the bit and be bi. They asked me if i was seriously coming out and i became scared and told them no
johnmit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2017, 06:47 PM   #213
RavenTheGoddess
Junior Member+

RavenTheGoddess's Forum Picture

Name: Raven

I'm "out" but only to one person in my family. My mom. I came out to her several months ago, and I was surprised that she was okay with it. Of course, the first question she asked me was whether or not I was/would be still attracted to females and I replied with a yes. So basically I came out as both a female and a lesbian

"It isn't about "becoming" another person - I already am who I am - I just want my body to reflect that. It's not like I'm suddenly changing from the person you've always known - this is more about your willingness to see who I've always been." -Cooper Lee Bombardier
RavenTheGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2017, 07:53 AM   #214
Yugen
Member++

Yugen's Forum Picture

Name: Yugen

I'm out except to my father, I've always just casually slipped it into a conversation as if it were normal. I don't feel the need to make a big deal out of it, it's a part of who I am and I shouldn't have to announce that.

Yugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2017, 04:12 PM   #215
Just JT
sure, ask, dare you

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

I've known for a long time and was very ok with it. I told my closest friends a couple three years ago and they are cool with it. One of them is bi to, so so totally ok. But I never told dad. I knew he never would of accepted it. It's just how he was.

After he died I knew I could continue hiding it or let everyone know. I did neither. I just did as I pleased and let people figure it out for themselves. If asked I never denied it. But never announced it.

When my fostered figured it out they caught me and another boy in my tent when camping. They were cool with it. When they asked me why I never told them I asked them why they never asked. Although we've talked about it since, it's never been an issue.

I really feel it's an injustice for society to assume we're all straight until we come out. It should just be known that we're any number of any sexualities, and just accept that, and that it's nobody's business but our own.
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2017, 04:48 PM   #216
Yugen
Member++

Yugen's Forum Picture

Name: Yugen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugen View Post
I'm out except to my father, I've always just casually slipped it into a conversation as if it were normal. I don't feel the need to make a big deal out of it, it's a part of who I am and I shouldn't have to announce that.
So I officially came out on national television during pride month... rip.

Yugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2017, 01:49 PM   #217
SeansLittleBro
Member++

SeansLittleBro's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

I've known for a long time (since about 11 or so) that I was attracted to boys and not girls. I didn't consider myself gay because of limited experience at the time. However, I also have 2 older brothers who are gay. I talked with them about my feelings about what they felt when they first came to the conclusion that they were gay and found myself thinking/feeling/experiencing the same things.

At 14 -- nearly 15 -- I made the decision to come out to my parents. NOT because I felt that it was time but because they sat down with me and talked with me as they saw similarities with me that they had seen with my older brothers. Now, I am a twin and the did not talk with him about this, only me. It was very obvious that I was showing them the same signals that my brothers had so many years earlier. They flat out ASKED me and I confirmed it for them.

It was then a relief to me that they knew. My friends at the time had their suspicions and I felt as long as my parents knew -- my brothers, all of them knew long before my parents -- I could safely live my life the way I wanted. I did not make a big announcement at all. As a matter of fact I TOLD no one, but if I were asked, especially by my close friends if I were gay I simply told them yes.

I trusted my friends but I also knew that the word would get around and it did. There were a few problems at the beginning but fortunately at my school -- in a large metropolitan mid-west city -- it was not a major factor on how others interacted with me. My best friend was a bit shocked, but took it well. So well that now 2 1/2 years later he is my BF who I adore and who cares for me just as much.

Coming out doesn't have to happen but hiding a secret -- especially one that affects one's life as this does -- is very stressful and having to continually hide what you feel about anyone does no one any good. Be true to yourself and hopefully friends and family will accept you (and love you) for who you are not who you date.

I am a twin, 17 -- gay and proud. Would love to talk to all you guys in here. Very open to discuss things and like to talk to new friends.
SeansLittleBro is offline   Reply With Quote