Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 19th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #1
acryforhelp
Junior Member+

Name: alleah
Default contemplating it.....

Contemplating suicide. Part of me is wishing I just wont wake up in the morning.....just met with my counselor...the good news is after tonight I feel a little more understood. We were definitely on the same page today.....now if only my parents weren't threatening to terminate that relationship. They don't think i should see her anymore but they have no idea the progress i am making and how detrimental it would be for me to quit counseling. I wish in some way she would just put me in the hospital but at the same time i dont want that at all. I am at a loss and I dont know what to do. If my parents werent involved or wouldnt find out I know exactly where I need to be....and I would tell my counselor that but my parents have such a big impact on me and I fear disappointing them......
acryforhelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #2
georgiamay
Awesome Poster

georgiamay's Forum Picture

Name: Georgia
Default Re: contemplating it.....

If your parents want to stop you from seeing your councellor, explain to them why you think it's a bad idea. If it's getting to you to the point where you're contemplating suicide, that's a sign that you really need help, and allowing your parents to stop you getting help is going to get you nowhere.

I know it's going to be hard, but you need to talk to them. If they don't understand your problems, expain it to them. Tell them that even if they don't understand it, it's still a real problem for you, and that you need help.

I've had my share of suicidal thoughts, and I know how horrible they are. I know how awful it is to wake up in the morning and wish you hadn't. But no matter how bad everything was, I still had times when I'd have a genuine happy moment. They should be worth sticking around for. I can see from your post that you love your parents, and they love you too. They'd probably do anything to help you, and giving up now... Well, you don't need me to go into it, I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this.

I'm always here if you need someone to talk to
georgiamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:24 PM   #3
kai99

Live life to it's fullest. Don't worry about disapointing your parents, they will understand you sooner or later

kai99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 11:44 PM   #4
troubleddude

Name: Pierce

Have no fear to disappoint your parents. They will always forgive you or at least they should. If i were yu id teell them that you really want to keep seeing this counsolor because your making progress. Good luck man.
troubleddude is offline   Reply With Quote