Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 7th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #1
Cicero
Banned

Cicero's Forum Picture

Name: Marcus Tullius Cicero
Default Is this normal, do you do this?

So for me I have to do a few things in order for a day to to perfect or for something to work or do good.
So say for instance during the weekend I want to start an exercise program or regimen, on Sunday I have to do a series of events in order for me to feel comfortable doing that program, if I don't do the series of events I just have a feeling that the program will end early and it won't work (in my mind). So on Sunday I would imagine that being my "cleansing" day. So I'd wake up, have a light and healthy breakfast, then 3 hours later eat a small salad, then 3 hours later have a hamburger patty (0 calorie seasonings), then 3 hours later have salad, then 3 hours later have chicken and salad or veggie. But in between lunch and dinner ill take a shower with hydrotherapy, during that shower I also have to put on 3 different facial scrubs (it can't but 1 or 2 but 3 lol). Then at around 9:30 pm (it's either 9:05 9:15 or 9:25 or 9:30, but that's the only times I want to do it, cause I like those numbers) I take a bath, and I turn on the jets (jacuzzi bathtube) and while I take my bath I listen to 40-50s music then after that I watch American dad and family guy.
But everything has to be exact, like theirs usually 2 episode of American dad and 2 of family guy, if theirs only one family guy or American dad, then my day isn't "perfect".

Is this normal? Do you do stuff similar to this? Is this OCD?

(sorry if it's confusing or too long )

(
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #2
CuriousDestruction
Great Poster

CuriousDestruction's Forum Picture

Name: michael
Default Re: Is this normal, do you do this?

That may be OCD though OCD has other symptoms besides following rigid patterns. You may just have a very narrow way of doing things. To really know a psychiatrist can test you..
CuriousDestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #3
Cicero
Banned

Cicero's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousDestruction View Post
That may be OCD though OCD has other symptoms besides following rigid patterns. You may just have a very narrow way of doing things. To really know a psychiatrist can test you..
Oh no that's just the tip of the iceberg if that seems OCD lol
Old March 15th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #4
AltoVaughn

AltoVaughn's Forum Picture

Name: Ben

I wouldn't say it's OCD. The way you describe it seems like you just like things done the way you want them done. If it was OCD you would have a compulsive need to do these things, and it would more than ruin your day if you couldn't.

A Fairly Typical Homosexual In The Midwest.

Obviouslysatire.tumblr.com
AltoVaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #5
Smeagol
Awesome Poster

Smeagol's Forum Picture

Name: Maeve

It seems like you are having some form of compulsive issue but not necessarily OCD.
Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #6
TeddyBearRock
Nice Poster

TeddyBearRock's Forum Picture

Name: Lewis

i think for it to be an OCD it has to really corse you discomfort if you dont do it

Life Is Shit. Get over It!
TeddyBearRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2012, 01:44 AM   #7
Cicero
Banned

Cicero's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBearRock View Post
i think for it to be an OCD it has to really corse you discomfort if you dont do it
If I don't do certain things, it's like a nagging thing I feel. If I don't do it it makes me uncomfortable. Like ill check the stove or front door 5+ times. Before feeling a little bit comfortable. Also, stuff has to be in a certain pattern, like if I do something I have to do it 5x, like if I were to set keys on the table it has to make a certain sound and I have to do it a certain amount of times. If it doesn't work, then I'll repeat it. If I don't do that then it's a nagging feeling, and It would be all I think about. I have the feeling of if I don't do it, it feels like I left the stove on or something (it's that type of feeling). I also do things a certain amount of times I either do it 1x, 5x, 8x, 10x, 12x, 15x. But it wouldn't exceed 10x usually.
Old March 18th, 2012, 11:28 PM   #8
Bluerhino666
Junior Member+

Name: noah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Balboa II View Post
If I don't do certain things, it's like a nagging thing I feel. If I don't do it it makes me uncomfortable. Like ill check the stove or front door 5+ times. Before feeling a little bit comfortable. Also, stuff has to be in a certain pattern, like if I do something I have to do it 5x, like if I were to set keys on the table it has to make a certain sound and I have to do it a certain amount of times. If it doesn't work, then I'll repeat it. If I don't do that then it's a nagging feeling, and It would be all I think about. I have the feeling of if I don't do it, it feels like I left the stove on or something (it's that type of feeling). I also do things a certain amount of times I either do it 1x, 5x, 8x, 10x, 12x, 15x. But it wouldn't exceed 10x usually.
This might just be ocd if its that bad
Bluerhino666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:06 PM   #9
kai99

Can be OCD, but i am not sure. Sorry to be of so little help

kai99 is offline   Reply With Quote