Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 7th, 2012, 10:54 AM   #1
Agent
Member+

Default Why can't I just stand up for myself?

Why can't I just stand up for myself? If I, for example, try say something back to someone after they have said or done something bad to me, I get the feeling I am going to start to cry. That's probably why I avoid standing up for myself.

Like, today I bough some soda after school before getting in the bus. In the bus, when I am about the open the bottle, this one kid younger and shorten than me, comes and takes the bottle from me. He walked away with it, I just couldn't do or say anything, because I felt like I would start to cry. My friends told me I'm such a wuss for letting people just do anything to me and I think it's true. It would just lead to huge embarrassment if I tried to stand up for myself and then started to cry at the same time.

I just feel so shitty right now. Don't tell me to tell a teacher about the soda bottle incident, that would just lead to huge embarrassment too.
Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 10:55 AM   #2
BassSwagg

BassSwagg's Forum Picture

Name: Noel
Default Re: Why can't I just stand up for myself?

Well, why do you think every time there is a confrentation you feel like you might cry?

Trying to forget someone you love, is like trying to remember someone you've never met.
BassSwagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #3
Agent
Member+

I have no idea, honestly.
Old March 7th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #4
Desuetude
---

Desuetude's Forum Picture

Name: Isaac

I think you need to try and get to the bottom of what it is that is making you so upset. It may be easier to help when you have a reason.
Desuetude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #5
Agent
Member+

I really don't know. I just feel so threatened in situations like that. I think the reason is very deep and I will need a professional if I really want to find out.
Old March 7th, 2012, 01:31 PM   #6
Desuetude
---

Well it doesn't sound normal to feel threatened in such minor situations when you should supposedly have the upper hand (that was not in any way meant to come off as offense and im sorry if it sounded like it was). Maybe you should see someone about it, I mean in life you are going to be working with people you don't always see eye to eye with and some can get very nasty. Seeing someone who knows what they're talking about would be a good idea, you might be able to get to the bottom of it then.
Old March 7th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #7
Agent
Member+

Who should I see then? I can't go to a psychiatrist or something like that, because then my parents would probably find out and I don't want them to find out I have problems and get worried, when they think I am alright?
Old March 7th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #8
CuriousDestruction
Great Poster

CuriousDestruction's Forum Picture

Name: michael

that you feel fear or that you are being threatened doesn't make you not alright, but a psychiatrist could really help with this. Your parents don't have to find out about the school stuff if you don't want them to, but a trained psychiatric professional might be able to figure out why you feel this way and how you can get past it.
CuriousDestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #9
Desuetude
---

Like the above user said, your parents dont have to find out. Therapists or psychiatrists are proffesionals and if you don't want anyone to know then they wont tell anyone. The only time when they may tell your parents is if you are thinking about suiside as it is a briech of safety. Do you have someone in your school you could go to, in most schools they usually have someone that you can talk to?
Old March 7th, 2012, 04:26 PM   #10
DarkNick
Member+

DarkNick's Forum Picture

Name: Nick

I've been like that pretty much the 2/3 of my life (I still am somehow like that to be honest :$). Anyway after getting some self confidence I started standing up for myself easier than before.
Have you had any ''intense'' experiences in your life before?
and do you think yourself as selfconfident??

Maybe I'm a bit crazy but at least I'm different than those nonsense, stupid people, you know, the normal ones?

But on the other hand I'm just a normal,stupid human...

Strange isn't it? How is it possible to be different and at the same time so same with the others...?
DarkNick is offline   Reply With Quote