Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:08 PM   #1
Dimentio
Great Poster

Dimentio's Forum Picture

Name: Kieran
Default 15 year old aloud to see Therapist?

Can a 15 year old see a Therapist?
Well recently my family has lost a ton of money, I got my stepdad i am 100% Sure is a pedo as he does not leave me alone, I lst all my friends in school, I got constant rumors spreading about me, I am not eating, I am not sleeping, My sister always wants to argue with me, Today they unlocked and opened the bathroom door while i was in the bath.
That is just a few things going on and my depression, Anxiety and anger is not coping! All day i have jsut been crying and feeling angry and unable to breath fromt he anxiety attacks, I just want to talk to someone who cares.
So can a 15 year old see a Therapist? I wanna do it without my family knowing/Being there but i know that will be impossible P.S. I live in the UK
Dimentio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:12 PM   #2
Jupiter
Banned

Name: Matty
Default Re: 15 year old aloud to see Therapist?

Well, of course you can. But, a much cheaper person to see is your counselor.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:25 PM   #3
Dimentio
Great Poster

Dimentio's Forum Picture

Name: Kieran

I think that is an American thing but in our school we don't have a councler Over wise i would of seen them, I just was not sure as i know there are some weird laws out there and like i thought i would have to go with my parents or i would have to be 16, Thanks for the help though
Dimentio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 08:25 PM   #4
trooneh
Banned

You're definitely able to see a therapist. However, I'm unsure if you are able to see a therapist without a parent or guardian accompanying you before 16 or 18 years old. That is country by country, and I'll do my best to figure it out for you and edit my post. However, you have every right to get help, Kieran. You don't have to keep things in, and if you suspect your step father is trying to sexually molest you, you need to tell someone.

Edit: According to this website, you should be able to request confidentiality with your GP and tell him some of the problems, and ask his advice. That would be a good place to start.

Sean
trooneh is offline   Reply With Quote