Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:14 PM   #1
Wonton
Junior Member+

Wonton's Forum Picture

Default Straterra?

Hey guys, this is my first post on the teen forums and I hope you enjoy having me as a member. This attracted my attention because yes, I HAVE ADHD. When I was young it was a problem for my parents and they had no idea who to go to and I was finally diagnosed at about the age of eight. I started on a medicine called biphenton and then moved onto concerta, which a few other people on here seem to be taking. The problem with concerta is that it made me very nauseous, faint and weak and decreased my general health. With Straterra all those symptoms dissappeared besides a small appeteite loss, but i still eat a lot. I was wondering if anyone else takes this med?
Wonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #2
Biscuithead13
Member+

Biscuithead13's Forum Picture

Name: Chris
Default Re: Straterra?

I take it and have for several years. It helps me but the appetite loss kinda has bothered me but in the last few months I have actually gained about 15 pounds so if you are still able to eat a lot you should be fine.

Proudly gay

Would love to talk you must have a pic though or else i wont add you
Biscuithead13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 10:26 PM   #3
Dimitri
----ΣΑΕ----

Dimitri's Forum Picture

Name: Robert

I have been on Straterra but instead of helping me it made me angry, I mean, I was mean as fuck....

The information provided by myself is not a substitute for that of a LICENSED PHYSICIAN.
----
Quote:
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
Quote:
“Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.”
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2012, 02:37 AM   #4
northskater110
Awesome Poster

northskater110's Forum Picture

Straterra is a good medication, however it does have some side-effects, as all of them do. Loss of appetite is a big one, but it is fairly common with medications treating for ADHD.

One of the large problems I had was if I didn't consistently take it, then start again, I would become very sick to my stomach. As such, just make sure you keep up with it, and you will be fine. Let me know if you have any other questions on Strattera or any other medications, as I have been prescribed them all at some point or another and can help any issues with them.

~grant
northskater110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2012, 12:09 AM   #5
Wonton
Junior Member+

Wonton's Forum Picture

sorry to bump, but I haven't visited this in a while because of being busy. Anyways, I agree with northskater110, If you don't consistently take the medication it will make you very sick. I only stop it when I'm seriously ill and if I have some sort of GI bug.
Wonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 03:38 AM   #6
Lovemeorleaveme

Lovemeorleaveme's Forum Picture

Name: Hailee

I think that straterra and different variations of ridalin like concerta are very popular ADHD meds. But i dont know for sure
Lovemeorleaveme is offline   Reply With Quote