Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > Help and Advice > VT General Hospital
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [1]

Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:11 AM   #1
Wheatley
Member+

Default Dark Purple area on penis head

Hey,

This is my first post here, so im not sure if its the the right place or not.

Recently, ive noticed a darker area on the head of my penis (not sure if bellend is quite the clinical term or not). I noticed this when going to the toilet (since i clean my tip after a piss)
It's around the edge, where the skin attachs to the head. There's a lack of it atound the purple area and when I pull my foreskin back, it seems to come out leaning to the opposite side.

I've tried WebMD and google generally but thet just come up with spots (which mine arent)

I also have not had any sexual expirience in a couple of years now.
However, since being the Christmas holidays, I have been masterbaiting more often than normal.

The area doesn't feel much more tender (a little, but next to nothing)
It's just really startng to bother me as I'm worried it could be an std. It doesn't hurt.

Thanks,

The companion cube is stuffed with dead test subjects D:
Wheatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:53 AM   #2
Kaius
Banned

Name: Aaron
Default Re: Dark Purple area on penis head

If you haven't had any sexual contact in over a year its not an STI but if you're worried about it the best thing to do is see a doctor especially if you feel that its slightly tender compared to how it used to be. How long has it been there? Does it coincide with the amount of time you've been masturbating more frequently or anything else you can think of that could possibly affect it?
Kaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:56 AM   #3
JeydonGT
Junior Member+

JeydonGT's Forum Picture

Name: J

It could just be a bruise, how long has it been there?
JeydonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 12:05 PM   #4
Dimitri
----ΣΑΕ----

Dimitri's Forum Picture

Name: Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
Hey,

This is my first post here, so im not sure if its the the right place or not.
You came to the correct place....

Quote:
Recently, ive noticed a darker area on the head of my penis (not sure if bellend is quite the clinical term or not). I noticed this when going to the toilet (since i clean my tip after a piss)
It is a mildly clinical term but I won't go that far and it is nice that you think of hygiene so highly....

Quote:
It's around the edge, where the skin attachs to the head. There's a lack of it atound the purple area and when I pull my foreskin back, it seems to come out leaning to the opposite side.
Honestly there isn't anything you can do about that....

Quote:
I've tried WebMD and google generally but thet just come up with spots (which mine aren't)
WebMD is not the best, if your would like to continue looking things up on the internet I would suggest MedLinePlus or the National Library of Medicine.

Quote:
I also have not had any sexual expirience in a couple of years now.
However, since being the Christmas holidays, I have been masterbaiting more often than normal.
The masturbation might be the problem actually....

Quote:
The area doesn't feel much more tender (a little, but next to nothing)
It's just really startng to bother me as I'm worried it could be an std. It doesn't hurt.

Thanks,
It might be that you have been masturbating too much and decreasing the vascular flow of blood to the erectile tissue (Not enough blood getting to the other end) and I would suggest you stop masturbating for a little while, try about a week, find something else to do, paint me a picture or a write me a song, I like those things.

If there is anything else please feel free to contact me and I will get back asap....

Also, you can contact your families physician and have a chat with one of their nurses and they might the able to help....

The information provided by myself is not a substitute for that of a LICENSED PHYSICIAN.
----
Quote:
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
Quote:
“Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.”
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 12:29 PM   #5
nick
Legendary Member

nick's Forum Picture

Name: Nick

"Bell end" is not a clinical term, lol.

To be honest it's difficult to be sure exactly what you are describing. The correct name for head of the penis is the glans. It's normal for the glans to be a kind of pink-purple colour and not skin coloured. Around the edge of the glans, away from the tip, is a kind of ridge, that's called the corona. It's again very normal to be a slightly darker purple than the rest of the glans.

If what I've described matches how your penis looks, congratulations, you have a normal penis. If that hasn't answered your question then as others have already said, get it checked by your doctor if it's worrying you.
nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 01:58 PM   #6
Ctj10
Banned

Name: Chris

It ain't a Sti lol your fine man
Ctj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 05:07 PM   #7
Wheatley
Member+

Good I'm glad, slightly increases my chances of talking to my dad about it.

I noticed it about 4 or 5 days ago, it does feel slughly more tender.

The darker area I'm talking sbout isn't the corona (though it is darker and lumpier) my area is the other side if you follow from the slit down the line.

I noticed in the shower today that it was really hard to pull the foreskin back. The skin was actually sticking to the head. Even when I'm flacid.

Could it be the skin attaching itself to the head again? I had this problem when I was little and had an operation when I was about 6 or 7 to detach this.

The companion cube is stuffed with dead test subjects D:
Wheatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 08:01 PM   #8
Dimitri
----ΣΑΕ----

Dimitri's Forum Picture

Name: Robert

Quote:
I noticed in the shower today that it was really hard to pull the foreskin back. The skin was actually sticking to the head. Even when I'm flacid.

Could it be the skin attaching itself to the head again? I had this problem when I was little and had an operation when I was about 6 or 7 to detach this.
Even though I am cut myself that is always a possibility....

The information provided by myself is not a substitute for that of a LICENSED PHYSICIAN.
----
Quote:
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
Quote:
“Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.”
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 12:19 AM   #9
Josiah7
Member++

Josiah7's Forum Picture

Name: Josiah

Yeah I agree with Dimitri 100%, give Masturbating a break for a little while and see if it improves somewhat. Your 15 so I wouldn't be worried about speaking to your father about it, hes there to help. It really doesn't sound like a STI at all, but you never know. Try to cut down, talk to your Dad, and if your really concerned see your local GP.

"Air Goes in and out, Blood goes around and around - Any variation to that is a bad thing"

Advanced First Aider - Sports Medic/Trainer

ALL ADVICE GIVEN IS FROM STUDY AND EXPERIENCE AND IS NO REPLACMENT FOR MEDICAL HELP AND ADVICE FROM A HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL.
Josiah7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #10
ben...

ben...'s Forum Picture

Name: Ben

Well it could be caused by just masturbating to much. The skin reattaching thing I guess could happen, but I've never herd of it. I am cut also.

Live life. Try to love it. Bi
ben... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2012, 09:31 AM   #11
Dmtuba

Name: Drake

It could be your sclera

Pm or skype or yahoo me about anything really. Always willing to talk.
Sorry for spelling, on iPod, it freezes on web page.
Dmtuba is offline   Reply With Quote