Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 23rd, 2011, 12:33 PM   #1
antiabort's Forum Picture
Name: John
Join Date: December 7, 2011
Location: Athens now, atlanta in 4 months.
Gender: Male
Default So I think I have anxiety

I have been having this weird depersonalization feeling, violent thoughts, trouble concentrating, anxiety, paranoia, shaking, sweating, chest pain, tingling in extremities, feel tired all the time, and even think about suicide/running away so that I can't be a threat to my family. I went to a medical forum called medhelp, told them all my symptoms, and they said my problem sounds a lot like anxiety. I will be seeing a doctor in about a month, I was just coming here to ask what I should expect at the doc, like what will he do? and what should I tell him? And are there any treatment options other than meds, cuz I don't wanna get addicted to pills.
antiabort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2011, 10:20 AM   #2
sarah newman
Name: sarah
Join Date: October 2, 2009
Location: Cuckfield
Gender: Female
Default Re: So I think I have anxiety

That soUnds like anxiety because I have anxiety and what you have just described is my symptoms.
He might get you some counselling or like you said, medication depending on your age. There are other options, he may give you suggestions to try which can calm tou down from your anxiety.
Good luck at the docs, pm me anytime you wanna talk.

...People try and seek help...
..I have given up trying.. controlling my lovely sharp razor..
...while theres to much blood...
..comin out of my skin..
.and still no one notices. much pain im going through.. i still lay there all alone...
sarah newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 05:58 AM   #3
New Member
Name: Emma
Join Date: January 3, 2012
Location: Swiss-land and America-land
Gender: Female
Default Re: So I think I have anxiety

To my -not expert- ears, it sounds more like you suffer from a panic disorder. I've only taken 2 semesters of psychology, so I wouldn't really trust my judgement. Either way, consulting a mental health specialist or clinic sounds like the best idea. They're trained to find out what's wrong with you and since these problems are clearly causing you distress, I would suggest going promptly. Also, if you ever feel suicidal, don't hesitate to call a suicide help line.

Hello there! I'm here to be a friend, and to be as helpful as possible! Feel free to contact me if you ever need anything. I'm barely a teenager any more, and I'd love to help others through a tough time.
FlyingSlightly is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018,