Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [2]

Old December 3rd, 2011, 09:33 PM   #1
acryforhelp
Junior Member+

Name: alleah
Default What to do when the pain isnt enough??

It literally hurts me to walk because of all the cuts on my thighs but somehow that pain isnt enough. I feel like I need to cut more. I dont understand this at all. I have had a decent day yet I feel the need to cut more. I must be attention seeking because when I hear that others are struggling that in itself makes me want to go and self harm. Like in some weird way I have to out do them and be sick too. Ugghhhhhhh.
acryforhelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 04:29 AM   #2
Slizer3

Name: Baker
Default Re: What to do when the pain isnt enough??

Never.
Give.
Up.
Slizer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 05:57 AM   #3
FullyAlive
VT Lover

FullyAlive's Forum Picture

Name: Louise (Lou)

I feel similar sometimes like no matter how much i cut there has to be more deeper to satisfy the need. But if it's hurting you to walk you know you do need to stop at that point. You may want more but make yourself think logically if you can't walk properly people will notice you don't want that so you've got to stop this time.

As for needing to out do people I'm not sure I can relate, on days I don't need to cut but my friends have problems I'll cut for them but that's not the same. A teacher at school wants me to show her my cuts and scars and knowing she's seen someone elses makes me competitive though like I've got to be as good as her, does that sound similar?
Anyway, in that respect I think you've got to realise that no problems are bigger or better than any others, you don't need to compete just because someone else has a problem, it doesn't mean yours is erased and no longer significant. Maybe instead of feeling the need to have more problems. You and your friends could help each other through your difficulties.

Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of travelling.

hello
number 6

~Aarony was here~
FullyAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 04:13 PM   #4
bena3217

bena3217's Forum Picture

Name: Ben

thats one of the reasons i cut...for other people...like if they sad...i will cheer them up by saying nice things about them...but mean about myself to mak them feel better about themselves...then i get all depressed and shred my leg...but im starting to realise thats a problem...you have to worry about yourself before others...its not selfish or anything(thats what i alwqys felt) but you dont have to vut yourself for others like i understand you want to help...but thats not the way on helping... if you need help...just pop in sometime
bena3217 is offline   Reply With Quote