Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 16th, 2011, 04:20 PM   #1
beebs
Member+

beebs's Forum Picture

Name: Laura
Default I think i might be bipolar? Opinons wanted..

Okay so this is why i think i might be bipolar.

Ive never been diagnosed with depression, but i know full well i was serverly depressed for about 7 months, i was cutting, attempted suicide 4 times. Everything was horrible and i had no energy to do anything.

And about 1 month ago, well i cant remember exscually, all i can say is i was really really happy, and there were times were i thought i was god or something, i felt like i could do anything. I did things that i shouldnt off, i couldnt consentrate at school and people were having a go at me for being so "hyper" all the time. Some of that month is a bit of a blur to me.

3 days ago. I just suddenly in the morning felt horribly horribly depressed again, so much so i attempted suicide again, on the way to school. Sadly the overdose did nothing but whatever. Ive started cutting again, and ive been late for school everyday these past 3 days because ive been sleeping so late.

What do yoy guys think? Does it sound like it?

P.S i know your not doctors and you cant diagnose bipolar, and im just asking for you opinons. And if i could get checked out my a doctor i would, but i havent told my mum about the cutting and suicide stuff, any suggestions about this would be apreciated too...
beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 03:43 AM   #2
Oath
Banned

Name: Cassie
Default Re: I think i might be bipolar? Opinons wanted..

There is a little bit more to being bi-polar as well.

People with bi-polar do really inane things out of the blue for no reason. For example, someone who is bi-polar could be sitting down watching tv, and the next minute they are in the kitchen making a drum set out of the dishes.

People with bi-polar isolate themselves usually. They don't want to go outside and socialize with others and they daydream constantly.

If you experience that then its a good idea to speak with a professional.
Oath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 01:35 PM   #3
georgiamay
Awesome Poster

georgiamay's Forum Picture

Name: Georgia

Can I just ask how old you are? It's quite rare for someone who's below the age of 18 ish to be diagnosed with bipolar, as these "switches" can be explained by hormones etc.

It does sound like it could be a problem though. If you've gone as far as to attempt suicide I do think going to see a doctor/professional would be useful anyway, even if it's not bipolar, and if it is, then you'll get help for that. If it's not, you'll get help for whatever the problem is that's causing you to feel suicidal etc.

Good luck
georgiamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2011, 02:00 AM   #4
bleachX

bleachX's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiamay View Post
Can I just ask how old you are? It's quite rare for someone who's below the age of 18 ish to be diagnosed with bipolar, as these "switches" can be explained by hormones etc.

It does sound like it could be a problem though. If you've gone as far as to attempt suicide I do think going to see a doctor/professional would be useful anyway, even if it's not bipolar, and if it is, then you'll get help for that. If it's not, you'll get help for whatever the problem is that's causing you to feel suicidal etc.

Good luck
^^^^^^I think it's actually is becoming decreasingly less uncommon for younger people to be diagnosed with bipolar, (my brother was displaying symptoms at about 14 and diagnosed at 15) but it may take longer to pinpoint that as the problem and if you are a girl you might also want to pay attention to whether it comes into terms for your cycle.

If you feel like you had a manic episode or that you have huge moodswings you also might have another mood disorder if you don't display any other bipolar symptoms.

I suggest you go talk to a doctor because you seem sweet and still afraid of death, but if you don't disclose to a doctor that you are suicidal then I think they are held under some oath shit thing that they can't let your parents know
hope i helped
bleachX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2011, 11:23 PM   #5
December
Member++

December's Forum Picture

Name: Katy

It sounds like bipolar disorder to me, but of course I'm no doctor and can't tell you for sure. And I'm not sure about what some people have said about bipolar people doing random or inane things because I haven't experiencEd that personally, but I know that not everyone experiences the same symptoms even when sharing a common disorder so I wouldnt rule anything out necessarily. It seems like maybe you should talk to someone. Under the law of doctor patient confidentiality your doctor can't tell your parents if you tell them not to, I believe. I hope you can figure this all out though
December is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 12:22 AM   #6
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleachX View Post
^^^^^^I think it's actually is becoming decreasingly less uncommon for younger people to be diagnosed with bipolar, (my brother was displaying symptoms at about 14 and diagnosed at 15) but it may take longer to pinpoint that as the problem and if you are a girl you might also want to pay attention to whether it comes into terms for your cycle.
Yes, but not with a good reason. Doctors are becoming quicker to diagnose these days, no idea why. I think it's just a need to find the problem and fix is asap without analysing it, many doctors just don't give a fuck sadly. But it isn't right. Hell, I've been showing signs of bipolar disorder since I was very little, but I wasn't diagnosed until I was first landed in a mental hospital at 13. But even then only because my mum is bipolar, so there's a huge likelihood that bipolar disorder was actually what it was.

Diagnosing it early just comes with complications like misdiagnosis and actually creating a problem out of nothing. Bipolar disorder can be misdiagnosed and mistaken for other illnesses, usually the most common being borderline personality and schizophrenia, or just plain teenage behaviour or hormones. Honestly, it's best to wait if therapy and medication aren't critical. That's what a diagnosis is for. No one will even listen to my thoughts on my mental illnesses any more because they know I won't take meds for it so it isn't worth the effort because diagnosis is explicitly for making it easier to treat the problem. If you don't know what you're treating, you can't really treat it effectively, you know?

Waiting, regardless of a doctor's willingness to diagnose, is a safe move.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 07:39 PM   #7
bleachX

bleachX's Forum Picture

make sure to voice your opinion that you might have bipolar or a mood disorder if you decide to see somebody because many medications can make mood disorders worse and put you into crisis if the doctor is unaware
bleachX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2011, 01:18 PM   #8
bena3217

bena3217's Forum Picture

Name: Ben

uhm my mom is bipoler...she is really aggressive...are you? the suicide thing makes sence...every 1 out of 4 people with bipoler is suicidel...uhm do you like pull yourself away from your friends? do you eat right? do you drink alkohol a lot? does anybody in your family have bipoler? if you need help hit me up...i can tell you a lot about it becasue i watch my mom everyday and i go with her to her docter...so if you struggle plz hit me up in a way...i promise i will try and help

and i forgot to say...most docters say its bipoler...but they are wrong sometimes...sometimes its just a very extreme case of depression

Please do not double post, use the edit button instead - Syvelocin

Last edited by Syvelocin; December 3rd, 2011 at 09:42 PM.
bena3217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2012, 03:43 AM   #9
Abyssal Echo
Lone Wolf

Abyssal Echo's Forum Picture

just wanted to toss in my 2 cents worth for what its worth....

My Dad is/was bipolor he did not take meds he self medicated with alcohol and at times was very docile and others very violent.....he's gone now he pulled his plug. I have been diagnosed Bipolar but that was toyed with for years before they made it stick. yea I've tried suicide 4 or 5 times. dont have alot of friends because all I want to do is curl up with my dog molly and sleep on the other hand sometimes I feel great get lots of stuff done can last for days at a time in either situation I do not feel like eating much and usually don't. don't know what its worth if anything. But, THanx 4 letting me put my 2 cents worth in
Abyssal Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2012, 11:20 AM   #10
beebs
Member+

beebs's Forum Picture

Name: Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by bena3217 View Post
uhm my mom is bipoler...she is really aggressive...are you? the suicide thing makes sence...every 1 out of 4 people with bipoler is suicidel...uhm do you like pull yourself away from your friends? do you eat right? do you drink alkohol a lot? does anybody in your family have bipoler? if you need help hit me up...i can tell you a lot about it becasue i watch my mom everyday and i go with her to her docter...so if you struggle plz hit me up in a way...i promise i will try and help

and i forgot to say...most docters say its bipoler...but they are wrong sometimes...sometimes its just a very extreme case of depression

Please do not double post, use the edit button instead - Syvelocin
When i feel real bad, i stay away from my friends alot and dont talk to them as much. I dont eat right, i never have:L and i dont drink alchohol much but i do some drugs when i feel real haopy. And i have no idea if anyone in my family does, no one i live with does though..
beebs is offline   Reply With Quote