Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 13th, 2011, 04:08 AM   #1
HowlingMad

HowlingMad's Forum Picture

Name: Stephen
Smile Introduce Yourself: "Self-Harmers Anonymous"

With hundreds of pages of posts and a sea of others with similar problems, it's easy to become just another number, another post, rather than a person with a life or a mind of their own. Each poster here has a story that is unique, and I think we should celebrate this... It helps to talk about these things, so I hoped we could get an Alcoholics-Anonymous-style thread going on here. A "Self-Harmers Anonymous", if you will, where you can introduce yourself and get known within the VirtualTeen self-harm community.

Here's me.
Hello everybody I'm Stephen, 16, from Western Australia. I'm a cutter of 5 years and a burner of around 1. I'm also pansexual, interested in photography and cinema, and an avid fan of Doctor Who. I've been a member of several Self-Harm forums which for various reasons have shut down, so I hope you can welcome me here in The Psychiatric Ward at VirtualTeen. Thanks

Moderators: I know there is an "Introduce Yourself" thread elsewhere in VitrualTeen, but I felt this particular forum needed one so we can identify ourselves within the Self Harm community. I hope this is o.k. with you. If not, sorry, and feel free to remove this (:
HowlingMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 04:48 AM   #2
ReasonsForWeeping
Member+

ReasonsForWeeping's Forum Picture

Name: Raven Page Hoffman
Default Re: Introduce Yourself: "Self-Harmers Anonymous"

Welcome to VT im a cutter of 5 years burner for 3 my name is raven feel free to post on my wall i will always try to help you out :3

It's true I am a loser
ReasonsForWeeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #3
RustyRockets
Banned

I've literally JUST joined as well, never looked into groups or forums about the condition before. I've been in various forms of therapy for several years (pyhciatory, CBD etc) as well as on long-term medication for clinical depression. Self-harm is a newer part of my condition, perhaps present for about a year really?

Hopefully my experiences may help people a little, I can find support myself and I'm more than happy to talk to anyone. Cheers x
RustyRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #4
StoodAlone

StoodAlone's Forum Picture

Hi my name is Aaron from north england self harmer for 4 months

Happyness and Sanity are a impossible combination
-Mark Twain
StoodAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2011, 01:10 PM   #5
princessjess

princessjess's Forum Picture

Name: Jessica

i just joined VT too. ive only been cutting for about 5 months but ive been near suicidal for almost 5 years. and you can talk to me anytime(:
princessjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2011, 02:19 PM   #6
damaged goods33

damaged goods33's Forum Picture

Name: gabi

Hi I'm gabi I just joined this site to meet people like me and feel less alone. I used to be a cutter of 2 years but haven't cut for months because I'm in therapy and it has helped but I still battle the urge to cut everyday. I'm excited to talk to people like me I hope I'm welcomed here this is my first time joining a website like this.
damaged goods33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2011, 04:02 PM   #7
Fiction
Ex Psych Mod

Fiction's Forum Picture

Name: Kathy

I'm one of the psych ward mods, and don't worry Stephen this post is fine, and actually a good idea

So... my inroduction

I'm Kathy and i'm 16. I've been on this site almost 2 years, and i've been a moderator for just over a year. I started self harming about 2 years ago now. I've mostly stopped, going from self harming every few days to every few weeks. I also have an eating disorder and i've been in counselling twice for various things.

Welcome to all the new people who seem to be posting here If you have any general questions about the site or need any help feel free to contact me

You brought hate, pills and knives,
And this is how the tale begins.
It’s your life, exist and wonder why.
When it only fails to work,
It only fails to work sometimes
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2011, 07:41 PM   #8
Deleted User
Legendary Member

I like this idea. It's different than the normal intro area 'cause this is a bit more specific.

I'm Jo, I'm 16. I've been on the site just over a year after finding it on Google while searching for self-harm help forums. I started self-harming nine years ago at least but only seriously about two years ago. I suffer from a rather difficult to treat atypical dysthymic depression which is responsible for my self-harm as well as addiction and the occasion hypomanic episode. I also have an eating disorder, have been hospitalised twice and have been through all sorts of therapy.

I've gotten a lot of help from this site and I'd be more than happy to talk to anyone. My PM and email inboxes are always open.
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2011, 10:09 AM   #9
Megson
Member++

Megson's Forum Picture

Name: Megan

My name is Megan and I'm 16. I used to self-harm a few years ago, managed to quit. I relapesed recently and I've been cutting again for almost 2 months now. I'm not diagnosed professionally, but I feel I may have some sort of social anxiety problem. I have ADD and I HAD an eating disorder three years ago. I found virtualteen by chance when I was looking up 'self-harm.'

(PS. I like this idea. It could be useful/helpful! )
Megson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2011, 12:32 PM   #10
Love.Hate
Carpe Diem

Name: Fran

I like this idea

Hey I'm Fran, I'm 16 and from England. I have been on VT for two years (found it after looking up depression) and have been on and off self harming for the last two to three years, but this last year has been the worst for my self harm and it has gone up a considerable amount. I also suffer from depression and have food problems that I don't really talk about much on here. I'm currently in my second lot of therapy as they refuse to give me any medication unless I give this a good go.

I'm always here if anyone needs anything <3

Don't let anybody ever bring you down.
Love.Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2011, 12:41 PM   #11
FullyAlive
VT Lover

FullyAlive's Forum Picture

Name: Louise (Lou)

I'm joining in

I'm Louise, I'm 16. I've been on VT for 10 months now, found it whilst looking up self harm help. I've been self harming for over a year and a half erm almost 20 months. I suffer from depression and anxiety. I'm currently seeing some form of counsellor, and have been considered for medication but didn't particularly want it. So yeah, if you ever need anyone to talk to feel free.

Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of travelling.

hello
number 6

~Aarony was here~
FullyAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2011, 12:56 PM   #12
Jupiter
Banned

Name: Matty

Hi guys! I don't self harm, but if you want to be free, just tell me before you will, and add me, otherwise I won't add you. I want to try a new step program I made up.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2011, 01:05 PM   #13
Dimitri
----ΣΑΕ----

Dimitri's Forum Picture

Name: Robert

Hey everyone, my name is Robert (Dimitri), I was a self harmer for few years, when I was 14 I realized I had to stop, it was too much. I am glad to say that I have been self harm free for 5 years and I can sympathise with anyone going through any problems that you may have, My scares are finally starting to dissapear. I am always will to share my stories with anyone. I purposly where my sleeves up, I never cover my wrists unless it is cold, during winter but I am always willing to talk when someone asks me why and what happened. I am proud to say I am free.

The information provided by myself is not a substitute for that of a LICENSED PHYSICIAN.
----
Quote:
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
Quote:
“Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.”
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2011, 01:35 PM   #14
AlmostHomeless
Member+

snip

Last edited by AlmostHomeless; April 16th, 2016 at 11:27 PM.
AlmostHomeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2011, 01:37 PM   #15
foreverautumn.

foreverautumn.'s Forum Picture

Name: Autumn

Hello, I'm Autumn (yes, for real and I'm 15 from England. Cutter of 1 year. I'm currently in therapy for the second time for cutting, depression, bad mood swings, anxiety, panic attacks and all that good stuff. D:
I'm new to the psych ward.
Hoping to get some support here and meet people in similar situations
foreverautumn. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2011, 06:00 PM   #16
Painted_Indian_Horse
Member+

Painted_Indian_Horse's Forum Picture

Name: Morgan

I like this idea, too. And welcome to VT!

I'm Morgan. I live in Florida, U.S., and I'm almost 18. I'm a senior in high school, and I've been cutting since the 8th grade--so, 5 years?--and only recently tried burning. It's been a bit of a struggle, with different medications, doctors, and my dad only recently found out (he doesn't live with me and my mom). I have anxiety/depression/etc, and ADHD.

Anyone on here can contact me any time, I'm here for ya

fanfiction/fictionpress pen name:xPrincetonx
PM me if you need to talk, I will give you my e-mail. I'll be there for anyone who needs me.
Painted_Indian_Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2011, 04:55 AM   #17
IlM'aime_xx

IlM'aime_xx's Forum Picture

I like this idea (:

Hey, I'm Rebekah. I'm from Glasgow and I'm 16. Been cutting for a year tomorrow and burning a month or two.
IlM'aime_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2011, 01:14 PM   #18
Conn0r
totally buggin'

Conn0r's Forum Picture

Name: Connor

Im Connor and I've been self harming reguarly for nearly two years and I am nearly at my target of 150 days free.

life isn't that hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nice
I'd say yolo to having fun at a party and dancing wildly (but not slutty dancing) or having like one jello shot
Conn0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2011, 07:16 PM   #19
Life_On_The_Line

Life_On_The_Line's Forum Picture

Name: Steph

This is a really good idea

Hey, I'm Steph, I'm 18 and from Scotland.. Been self harming for about 5 years now, Recently started counselling but it doesn't really help, I'm also new here
Life_On_The_Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2011, 08:42 PM   #20
damaged goods33

damaged goods33's Forum Picture

Name: gabi

I purposly where my sleeves up, Dimitri how did you get the confidence to do that? I hide my scars in giant sleeves and baggie sweatshirts because I'm so ashamed. I think you are really inspiring!
damaged goods33 is offline   Reply With Quote