Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > Puberty 101 > Puberty101 Archive
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [1]

Old October 4th, 2011, 11:46 AM   #1
Blazethestorm

Name: Ryan
Default Getting weighed for wrestling naked?

My dad took me to my older brothers thing he had to go to for getting into wrestling. At the place after he got weight he started taking off all of his clothes even his underwear. But a couple more guys who got weighed did it to in front of us and all those guys. So i seen my brothers penis and the guys who stripped even. I asked my dad how come they did that he said they need to lose all the amount of weight possible to get into the right weights. And he said its why they sweat a lot out to.

I thought wanted to do wrestling but is this normal? do you always gotta do it to get in to wrestling? I dont know if Im brave enough. cant they just like subtract weights of clothes
Old October 4th, 2011, 01:47 PM   #2
TrevorTime
Banned

TrevorTime's Forum Picture

Name: Trevor
Default Re: Getting weighed for wrestling naked?

High school wrestling is all about weight classes, so yeah, this is pretty normal. Even underwear weighs a few ounces, so guys who are serious about "making the weight" will do whatever it takes.
Old October 4th, 2011, 03:48 PM   #3
SportsNutChase
Member+

SportsNutChase's Forum Picture

Name: Chase

I did wrestling for a few years but never had to get naked for a scale? down to briefs yes. Not saying i didnt see my share of naked dudes but not then
Old October 4th, 2011, 03:51 PM   #4
ImCoolBeans
Administrator

ImCoolBeans's Forum Picture

Name: Mike

I've never been a part of the wresting team for my school but I have some friends who are on it. This is normal, also if you'd like to do wrestling get accustomed to showering with the team, thats generally the rule.

Mike - Administrator
Always here to help. Don't hesitate to PM me.

Machines Are Taking Over
-Ron
-and also Beth, with Max too
Old October 5th, 2011, 10:18 AM   #5
Jordanjock

Name: Jordan

Dunno bout where you live but here when I did it its up to you. Some guys would do it if they didn't care some wouldn't but didn't matter. When its your turn to get weighed every time you get weighed you could take off some of your clothes and get closer to your weight class or go sweat more off. If you really wanted to make it in your weight and you had nothing else left to do or take off, you would wanna take your underwear off in case it helps. But like I said ur choice.

There was a couple times I took my underwear off cause it was so close and a few guys on the team would pull theirs down too. You only gotta stand on the scale for a second with your penis showing. It didn't bug me since all the officials or coaches or dads or whoever is there are used to it. And besides all guys have a dick so who cares if they see yours. Your brother must be the same way if he did it. If you wanna do wrestling dont worry about such a small thing if you like it. Hope that helps you.
Old October 5th, 2011, 12:57 PM   #6
shybi15
Junior Member+

Think of it this way, they cant make you take your clothes off since that would be `some kind of abuse`
Old October 5th, 2011, 07:57 PM   #7
Blazethestorm

Name: Ryan

OK thanks. I want to be like my brother and maybe wrestle to. if i ever have to do that ill just leave on a jock or by then maybe ill get brave enough to make weight naked lol. I wont let it stop me tho. How can i ask my brother maybe without sounding too weird and saying i saw him when he was naked >_>
Old October 5th, 2011, 08:42 PM   #8
Victor

Victor's Forum Picture

Name: Victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazethestorm View Post
OK thanks. I want to be like my brother and maybe wrestle to. if i ever have to do that ill just leave on a jock or by then maybe ill get brave enough to make weight naked lol. I wont let it stop me tho. How can i ask my brother maybe without sounding too weird and saying i saw him when he was naked >_>
Just tell your brother your into wrestling and thinking about doing it (:
Tell him your a bit more body conscious, and im sure your brother could tell the guy who's weighing you to put on something to cover up a bit.
You wont sound too weird, just say it (:

Rep me & I'll rep you back [:
Old October 6th, 2011, 12:08 AM   #9
spartanrob
Nice Poster

One of my friends older brother wrestles and last year we were at the YMCA with him and their dad. It was right at the beginning of the season and I guess he wanted to have as low a weight as possible then so he could make a certain weight class. He was running with sweats on and sitting in the steam room. He even shaved off all his hair - head, pubes, legs. When he weighed in the locker room he weighed himself naked. I asked if he did that at the meets too and he said he did. His dad said that back in the days when he wrestled everyone weighed in naked but that today you have your choice.

16/straight-curious/athlete & scholar
Old October 6th, 2011, 12:48 AM   #10
russsh
Member+

russsh's Forum Picture

Name: Russell

just do it, im sure you'd get used to it
Old October 13th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #11
Luke91
Banned

Name: Luke

I wrestled last year and at the first practices the coach made everyone strip completely. He said he wanted to get used to it incase Seuss to to make weight. Once you do it a few times you don't think anything about it. Besides, if you cannot trust your teammates who can you trust.